[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shield trigger pull issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
/k/ I just bought a shield (single stack 9mm) and after a range trip I'm feeling a bit disappointed in the trigger. I shoot really great with my G19 but today I was consistently low and left on every magazine.

Does the shield have a break in time? Ive read that many people felt like the trigger felt smoother after a few hundred rounds. Is it my finger position? I shoot middle of my first pad with the G19, but felt much more shaky with this position on the shield. Do I just need to practice? I'm not very experience with compact guns so that might be a part of the problem.
>>
Their triggers are meh. My suggestion is to dry fire practice a shit ton with it and work the reset, then practice your pull while balancing a coin or something on your slide while aiming at something small like a light switch in your home or a target. Shields are some of the most shootable subcompacts but you are going to need to practice alot if you are new to the type.
>>
Buy and install an apex trigger.
>>
>>30023366

didnt think of balancing a coin to practice, that is really good advice...thanks anon. How about trigger finger placement? do you adjust your trigger finger for compact frames compared to sub and full?

>>30023402

I was looking up prices for apex kits today and they are so damn expensive, Ill have to some up some cash before I can think about a trigger mod.
>>
>>30023289
Shields do have a break in time. The trigger doesn't get much better, but the gun will run more reliably after 200 rounds.
>but felt much more shaky with this position on the shield. Do I just need to practice?
Yes. The trigger is not as crisp as a Glock, but the guns are shootable. Practice dry-firing it constantly. Do wall drills (Google it).

Your symptoms are typical of someone who is just getting into compact pistols.
>I was consistently low
flinching
>and left on every magazine.
too much trigger finger

>>30023402
>Buy and install an apex trigger.
What he needs to do is learn how to shoot his gun.
>>
>>30023854
>wall drills

Did this a good bit with the glock and completely forgot about them, thanks for the reminder.

Thanks for the reply, I honestly didn't realize how much of a skill gap there would be between the shield and g19...definitely will train more with it
>>
>>30023289
SHIELD FAGS BTFO AHAHAHAHAAHAHHH FAGGOTS
>>
>>30023909

OP here. The shield is actually a fucking awesome compact...it conceals amazing and the ergonomics are on point. I think this is more of an issue of my skill level with compacts than it is the gun itself.
>>
>>30023439
>didnt think of balancing a coin to practice, that is really good advice
It is amazing advice.
When I first bought my LCP and ran to the range, I was getting 24" groups at 25 FEET
After 2 weeks of dryfire practice, I was able to put all my shots in the black of a 25yd slowfire target at 25 FEET.
Then I started to use the coin trick, and I can get 50% of the shots in the bulls-eye of a 25yd slowfire target and the rest are within 2" of the bulls-eye ring.
Keep in mind that I am only shooting at 25 FEET, the target is a NRA B-16 25 yard slow fire target.
>>
File: nra-b16-wred.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
nra-b16-wred.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>30023968
Forgot to attach pic of a B-16 target
>>
hmm im reading from alot of shield owners that they are firing with the first crease of their finger instead of the pad to offset the amount of torque needed for the slimmer frame. Im kicking myself in the ass for not even trying different trigger finger placement.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.