[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not in military >not in special forces >not in SWAT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
>not in military
>not in special forces
>not in SWAT
>not in anything
>the happening hasn't happened
>it probably never will

All I can do is go camping and hiking, shooting range, and play vidya

Does anyone else know this feel? It hurts
>>
>not wasting your best years fighting for ridiculous political agendas
>not destroying all your joints and being maximum uncomfy
>not feeling haunted, no deaths to weigh down your conscience
>not killing civilians and stealing their shit because they don't obey some stupid regimes oppressive laws

Cheer the fuck up faggot
>>
File: eRAH52z.gif (4 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
eRAH52z.gif
4 MB, 640x480
>>30023003
>>not in military
Feels good
>not in SWAT
Feels good
>not in anything
feels unemployed?
>the happening hasn't happened
Feels alright.
>it probably never will
Feels uncertain.
>All I can do is go camping and hiking, shooting range, and play vidya
feels good.
>>
>>30023039

pretty much this

we've all considered the military here (or served) the rush of combat doesnt make up for the heaps of shit you put up with on a daily basis
>>
>>30023003
>All I can do is go camping and hiking, shooting range, and play vidya
the fuck are you whining about nigga what more could you want?
>>
>>30023003
Sounds dumb, but try airsoft.
>>
>>30023039
>not wasting your best years fighting for ridiculous political agendas
I agree that most of the current things we fight for are stupid and wasteful. I still wouldn't mind serving the interests of my country, and I would want to be trained, armed and ready for if the day ever came in which a true cause presents itself while I'm young and fit to fight.

>not destroying all your joints and being maximum uncomfy
Everybody gets old. There's also a good chance of huge medical advances in 40+ years so some of these may not be as big of a concern.

>not feeling haunted, no deaths to weigh down your conscience
Don't have a rebuttal for this. I would go in knowing the psychological risk and hope I have the stomach for it.

>not killing civilians and stealing their shit because they don't obey some stupid regimes oppressive laws
I can't imagine a single thing in this world I would consider worth stealing outside of magic/science fiction level shit that doesn't exist.

I want to fight for something that matters like the people who came before me. That's the kind of live that would give me meaning and I'm lamenting that I can't have that.
>>
>>30023148

The entire premise behind my post is that you don't really have a choice- you either obey your orders or they try to get you shitcanned or reprimanded, eventually threatening your own livelihood.
>>
>>30023003
What's stopping you?
>>
>>30023244
Physically unqualified because of how I was born
>>
>>30023003
OP write this down somewhere. "SAVE UP FOR TACTICAL CARBINE CLASS"

Cheer up dude, it gets cooler if you get cooler about it
>>
>>30023003
I know that feel...and it feels great. Literally no reason to be sad that none of that happened to you.
>>
>>30023045
>That gif
W-What the fuck is happening there?
>>
>>30026312
Since you're incapable of discerning the fucking obvious...

That would be a dead baby elephant on it's side.
A Hyena decides to get some tasty morsels without having to gnaw is way through half inch thick hide that's made of steel.
only logical way is to shove it's head up it's butt.
It's a hyena, the amount of fucks it gives about /what/ it's eating is something close to 0.
>>
>>30026312
its from a documentary where a bunch of guys set up cameras around an elephant that died to see how many animals would eat it. whole bunch of animals throughout the night came until the insects finished what was left. that gif showed a hyena sticking his head in his ass and biting into some sort of sac full of shit that blew up
>>
>>30023003
What bothers me isn't that I didn't do those things, it's that a PMC won't hire me without having done those things

Shit sucks
>>
>>30023003
Most people are going to scream at you for being a cod kiddie or go "WHY DON'T YOU GROW OLD, THE GHOSTS WILL HAUNT YOU AND YOUR MORALISTIC CONSCIOUS WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SAD"

Don't listen to the shitters, if you've consciously made the choice that you'll take the consequence of dying horribly as you enjoy the thrill of war, fuck them. it's the exact same shit with extreme sports or rebelling in your youth.

You're the only one at fault, who gives a fuck what others think? It's not like your death will affect any anonymous on here.
>>
>>30023003
Also, if you really want to fight I'd sugguest joining international brigades, specifically shit like YPG, PKK.
>>
File: docktown.png (533 KB, 643x691) Image search: [Google]
docktown.png
533 KB, 643x691
I think that sometimes, OP, but I'm pretty sure I'll be happier working for a living and buying lots of land and guns. Or basically >>30024467 read as synecdoche.
>>
I wish I wouldn't have joined the military. It sucks and all leadership has a chip on their shoulder, as well as 99% of the time youll be doing stupid stuff rather than cool army shit.

I wish I would have been a park ranger or conservation officer instead.
>>
>>30023003
>in military
>getting a trasform file procesed to move to a spec ops unit (trials)
>even if i dont make it in probs goin to operate in my lifetime
>life is still utter and sheer agony and consuming lck of porpuse
>depressed all the time
>only reason i want to be an opeator is to have an excuse to having wasted my best years

Grass is always greener... or is it?
in the eye of the beholder etc
>>
>>30030341
>>30030314
These guys have valid points, if you want the actions there's other ways, state organized life is pretty shit.
>>
>>30023148
Pay for tactical training.
besides, I wonder how much of a regular soldier's training is dedicated to procedures and other useless shit outside of being in the military.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.