[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does .45 ever make sense for a ccw? Or is it just unnecessarily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: 45.jpg (155 KB, 1280x1259) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
155 KB, 1280x1259
Does .45 ever make sense for a ccw? Or is it just unnecessarily fat/expensive?
>>
Used to carry my 1911 with no problem
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>30021825
It works fine. Especially if you use Speer's 200 grain "flying ashtray" +p load.

Other calibers offer better capacity, of course, but if you choose to carry a single stack pistol, or live in a state with restrictions on magazine capacity, then why not?
>>
File: image.jpg (375 KB, 1200x790) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
375 KB, 1200x790
Eh, not sure.

9mm is alright, bare minimum.
Personally I would like a 357.mag with high capacity.

I carry a 9mm CM9. No extra mag. I live in a duty to retreat state. The glock 36 looks tasty.
>>
If you live in a repressive state/country, sure.
>>
>>30021825
It's a fine carry caliber. This debate is endless, just fine a weapon and caliber that works best for you and your specific needs. The G30 and G36 are fine options.
>>
>>30021825

If you shoot any caliber well, have a gun that you like in that caliber, and feel confident and can accomplish self-defense shit with that weapon then carry it.

.22lr, .32 ACP, 9x19mm, .45 ACP, .44 Magnum, fucking .50 AE or whatever the fuck. Having a gun you can shoot well beats having no gun.
>>
A 9mm pocket pistol will have the same mag capacity as a .45, more or less. If your 9mm carry gun is double stack, it's not compact. The grip will still be virtually full sized.

.45s make a bigger hole, thus they are the better round in these situations.
>>
>expensive

$19.99 for some S&B 230gr range ammo, effectively using 2x the material of a 115gr S&B 9mm is hardly """"""expensive""""""" and defensive loads are about the same price
>>
>>30022310
That's a single stack though.

I was looking at two single stack pistols, one a 9 one a .45 and read they both have trouble feeding hollowpoints. I was thinking for the number of bullets in a single stack the 45 was standard and the 9 was coming up pretty low. Without hollowpoints the .45 looked like a much better option.
>>
File: usp.jpg (90 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
usp.jpg
90 KB, 1000x1000
best gun is never unnecessary.
>>
File: IMG_2041[1].jpg (80 KB, 600x470) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2041[1].jpg
80 KB, 600x470
Smith says yes
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.