[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nuggetfest Bread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 2722403.png (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
2722403.png
16 KB, 250x250
When
June 3rd - 5th, Friday - Sunday

Where
Near Blacksburg, Virginia (could we please get an exact address for the campsite?)

What
Camping out, target shooting, campfire cooking, horseshoes and hanging out.

Cost
FREE! Donations are appreciated but NuggetFest is and always will be a free event.
>>
File: lawlauncher.jpg (712 KB, 2918x2189) Image search: [Google]
lawlauncher.jpg
712 KB, 2918x2189
IT'S HAPPENING
>>
>>30021435
i'll bring the brownies
>>
GPS coords or address of campsite?
>>
Would a nugget, specifically an M39 be a good first milsurp rifle?

I'm really looking at one right now and I'm just unsure if I should do it or not. Wouldn't be able to make it to nuggetfest this year, but in a year or two probably could.
>>
File: mcnig on cnn.jpg (241 KB, 1024x1320) Image search: [Google]
mcnig on cnn.jpg
241 KB, 1024x1320
>>30023577

I Love my m39. It's NOT one from Classic. It's from a private sale. I do recommend that your first milsurp, whatever it may be, is one that you inspect and hold first before buying it. Classic might ship you something cracked or fucked up and you won't be happy with it. Now, I have bought lots of stuff from them and love them as a company, this is a problem with their current selling of m39s.
>>
>>30024195
This. I bought a VKT M39 (good to excellent) from Classic when they were selling truckload #2 and received a rifle with no buttplate and a chip out of the rear sight. Everything else was great though. Not like it was something I couldn't fix but it was kind of a let down.
>>
>>30024237
These threads are the only time I trip and I still somehow manage to fuck it up.

Anyway, looking forward to coming out. I'll bring my "Perfect Grade" Type 99 Arisaka and jam-o-matic Luger again for anyone who wants to shoot them plus my PTR for that one anon who wanted to shoot one.
Bringing plenty of $5 bills for Josh as well.
>>
File: Kbuyingalltheguns.jpg (100 KB, 600x473) Image search: [Google]
Kbuyingalltheguns.jpg
100 KB, 600x473
>>30024299

That sounds awesome. I have a Type 99 but it's not in shooting condition. I'll pay to shoot that one.

I'll be passing through Louisville and most of the state. Interested in a passenger?
>>
>>30024340

I know who I'm cosplaying as at nuggetfest.
>>
So the plan is for me to bring my Winchester 1300, Winchester Model 88, Remington 1100, and probably my 10/22. If no one else is going to bring a clay thrower I'll find one to bring.
>>
>>30024375

Blackfacing, I hope.
>>
>>30024299
124 grain ammo is your best bet for that P-08.
Had a BYF 41, thing was useless with 115 grain, but the (then) common white box "Nato" 124 grain ball made it run fine.
>>
>>30021950
Check the mass email.
>>
>>30024340
I'm carpooling with a non-/k/ommando friend who wanted to come this time. Maybe next time brotha. Even though 7.7 is pretty expensive I won't charge you (or anyone else) anything to shoot it. Sharing is caring lol. Which reminds me...
>be looking around in one of my regular lgs spots
>see boxes of Norma 7.7 Jap behind the counter
>already prepared for mild sticker shock, I ask how much for a box
>"$67.50 bud"
>stare in confusion at the boxes of fucking gold bullion for what felt like hours trying to come up with something to say other than "fuck that shit mane"
>finally utter "too rich for my taste; thanks anyway" and leave.
Bought 2 boxes of surplus 6.5x55 for $20 at a different lgs to make myself feel better.
>>
>>30024592

The shows in West Kentucky (Paducah) 7.7 was selling ~$30.00/20.
>>
>>30024489
Forgot to mention; it's a 1921 DWM Commercial in 7.65 Para (.30 Luger). It works perfectly when I lube the shit out of it.
I say jam-o-matic jokingly, but we did find out at MWNF that my Luger will FTF the last round in the mag every time if it's even a little dry.
>>
>>30024424
The clay thrower will be much appreciated. Definitely willing to chip in for the clay pigeons.
>>
>>30024195
>>30024237
Sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been busy.

That sucks, they have an option to pay an extra $20 and get one "hand selected for exterior cosmetics" but if that doesn't mean much maybe I should just hold off.

I should have also mentioned not only would it be my first milsurp rifle it would be my first rifle period, and I'm getting ready to buy an AR as well. I'm a little hesitant to have to stock up on 2 calibers of rifle ammo at first.
>>
>>30024691

Ahh, had one of the Stoger "American Eagle" pistols in that chambering. Very pretty, and very tempermental.

Yeah, current loads are very tame, you're better off rolling your own.

The last round FTF seems to be an age related mag spring issue, as I've seen it in enough of the breed.
>>
>>30024646
I'll have to check that out, thanks! Most of the time I can find some Hornady Custom for around $30-$35/20. Lately all I can find is Norma for about $40 on average.
>why couldn't we have confiscated all the surplus and brought it home instead of dumping it in Tokyo Bay.
>>
>>30024744
I would venture to guess that the extra $20 doesn't mean much, and that's why I didn't bother with it. I was probably unlucky to get one in that condition anyway, but I'm happy with it now. Wasn't expensive to fix at all.
It's all about personal preference, but if it were me I would go ahead and get one. I usually suggest a .22 for someone's first rifle but it's all about what you want. I think you'll enjoy an M39 though.
>>30024779
The quirks are part of their charm I suppose. I love mine when it's lubed.
>phrasing.
>>
>>30024691

I had a Brazilian 1911 that would FTF every 2nd to last round for whatever reason... every magazine, every ammo type. I got rid of that POS. Only gun I ever sold.

>>30024744

Hand select these days means how big of a cracked stock do you want. They're at the end of their line with the m39s, if you were to buy one from them, the time to do it was during the 1st and 2nd shipments.

Your first rifle ever? Well, a nugget of any sort is on okay choice despite what people will say on here. I mean, how familiar are you with guns? A first gun should be a .22 but I'm assuming you're not an 8 year old that has never fired a "real" gun before?

I will say skip the AR but I also don't like ARs.
>>
>>30025354
>>30025526
I've talked myself out of it by now, and have actually been looking at some 22s today just to get a plinker. I'm not new to guns at all but I'm fairly new to cleaning and maintaining them.

The main reason I'm looking to buy an AR is just to get one before Hillary bans them if she gets elected. I'll be bugging /arg/ with questions over the next few weeks I'm sure.

If a good example of an M39 I can hold before I buy comes up in the future I'll probably grab it, but for now I'll just let it lie. I'd rather put that money into getting a quality AR. Thanks. I'll stop shitting up this thread with non-nuggestfest related posts too.
>>
>>30025610
You're not shitting up anything man; we're having a good nuggetfest thread for once lol.
>>
Not to get too far off topic, but Adventure Outdoors in metro ATL is shoving decent Nuggets out the door for like $209 at the moment.

Got one. Pre-war, hex, all matching, not counter-bored.
>>
I'm a gay trans blasian (black/Asian like Tiger woods). Am I welcome at nuggetfest?
>>
>>30026182

That's a good find for 2016

>>30026892

Yes, brotha! Come snuggz in mah tent.
>>
Fisrt Shitposot
>>
>>30028883
I think the gay trans tiger woods fella beat you to it, bud.
>>
>>30021435
>tfw gonna be in radford that weekend
id rather not eat semen brownies tho
>>
>>30029070
Go for the pot brownies instead.
>>
Is this open to any /k/ommando?
>>
>>30029169
No you need to be a 4chan platinum black member to go and will be forcefully ejected if not.
>>
>>30024375
The girl?

Pls be the girl
>>
File: 1455393708485.jpg (34 KB, 353x280) Image search: [Google]
1455393708485.jpg
34 KB, 353x280
>>30029639
>Pls be the girl
PPHHHHHT silly willy!
Didn't you know there's no such thing as girls on the internet! Well except for the 12 year old ones, and those are actually FBI agents from what ive heard.
>>30024592
68 fucking bucks for ammo that is hardly sought after anymore? I bet its flying off the shelf in that LGS.
>>
I... I like memes!
>>
File: summer nuggetfest 2016..png (102 KB, 977x945) Image search: [Google]
summer nuggetfest 2016..png
102 KB, 977x945
Making threads behind my back again, lol.

Whenever someone makes a NuggetFest thread they never put my email in the OP so people can ask to be put on the mailing list.

Alright, consolidate in the new thread.

>>30030905
>>30030905
>>30030905
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.