[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OC or Brandishing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
Is doing pic related open carrying or brandishing?
>>
File: 21346354478.jpg (22 KB, 294x316) Image search: [Google]
21346354478.jpg
22 KB, 294x316
Depends on the cop.
>>
Brandishing is about intent.
>>
>>30021355
too many cooks?
>>
If you have the rifle in a ready position to fire, it's brandishing.
>>
>>30021331

What is that thing and what does it do? The part on the side, I mean.
>>
Brandishing is about intent

Also, it's pointed vaugley out the ground, it's not being shouldered, hand is off the pistol grip and trigger, and the weapon is on safe. This is open carry, for someone so poor they can't afford a sling.
>>
>>30024011
Are you talking about the thing between the selector switch and the bolt release? I'm curious too.
>>
>>30026179
>>30024011
pressure switch for the illumination or other powered features in the optic is my guess
>>
>>30021331
Thats an asskicking. You dont carry your rifle by the carry handle. The fuck you thinkin.
>>
>>30021331
Gee, OP. Sure am glad you clarified where you are geographically and provided a link to your statute regarding the matter and cited applicable case law.

>assuming youre in a free state in the US where OC is lawful

If you get arrested, you have a pretty solid defense since the nomenclature for that part is "carry handle" and you used it as such. So long as you had no intention of intimidating anyone, its likely that youre good to go.

*Disclaimer
>1-800-ASK-ANON is a law referral service and not attorney spokes person, local, state and federal laws apply and may vary. Contact your doctor if you experience an erection lasting longer than 4 hours.
>>
File: From_Dusk_Till_Dawn_Dick_Gun.gif (658 KB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
From_Dusk_Till_Dawn_Dick_Gun.gif
658 KB, 360x200
>>30028602
Kek
>>
>>30028563
why not
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 379x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 379x243
>>30028547
>acog brand acog
>powered features
>>
File: MVC-005F.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MVC-005F.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>30024011
>>30026179
>>30028547
Had to google this one, it's a very odd laser mounting.
>>
>>30028627
In US military combat arms culture, you do not carry a gun or rifle by the carry handle, period the end. We hold a high standard of discipline (a firearm is either slung if not in use or held so that it is ready for immediate use). We werent allowed to attach our slings at B 2/58 for infantry school because "slings make shitty soldiers". It all starts with the grooming standard ;)
>>
>>30021331
Brandishing, in general, and I can only speak for a handful of states, is any method of carrying a weapon in which a reasonable person (ha!) thinks that the weapon is what most rifleman consider "hot" or "active".

For example, local police here in Dover, NH have assisted me in open carrying my rifle, wherein I remove the bolt from the action temporarily 'deactivating' the rifle. BUT if I were to brandish my 'deactivated' rifle, or anything that LOOKS like a rifle to, once again, a "reasonable person", the perception is more important, and brandishing becomes the action.

it's so convoluted, ask local LEO's.
>>
>>30028627
this : >>30028677

also change your socks and take motrin
>>
File: 1446512214342.jpg (112 KB, 572x303) Image search: [Google]
1446512214342.jpg
112 KB, 572x303
>>30028677
>"slings make shitty soldiers"
Why would slings make you a shitty soldier? Is it because you don't have your gun in your hands ready to use it at all times?
>>
>>30028627
The carry handle was originally designed as a comfortable and convenient place to carry the rifle, however in Vietnam the troops realized that advertising a relaxed state resulted in VC attacks. Since then rifles are always carried at the low ready, or whatever the term is. Both hands, basically. Even among civilians it is a major faux pas to use the carry handle.
>>
>>30021355
>>30021437

Tooooo, many coooooks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8
>>
>>30029077
Discipline. To make soldiers feel weird or wrong if they get complacent. Go look at the difference in combat readiness between arab militaries getting their shit pushed in compared to western militaries in recent conflicts in the mid east.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.