[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone ID this pistol for me? Thanks!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Can anyone ID this pistol for me? Thanks!
>>
>>30020963
looks like old colt or fn browning
>>
Is that a famas??

it looks to be worth around tree fiddy
>>
French Ruby pistol, the Hi-Point of the early 20th Century.
>>
>>30020963
It's a one nine one one
>>
>>30020963
Generic spanish colt copy

Plenty of different brand names even tough all are practically the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8K0FC5PXng
>>
>>30020963
A Ruby. I'd guess Spanish but if that's the only picture there's no way for me to tell for sure. Neat little .32, the French used them in WW1.
>>
>>30020978
>French
Should clarify, while it originated in France, Spain manufactured the absolute hell out of it.
>>
>>30020963
It's name is Sharon and it identifies as female.
>>
>>30020989
As did the Italians.
>>
>>30020978
TY!
>>
>>30021006
They only bought them if I remember correctly.
>>
>>30021025
Now you're going to make me double check. Or maybe the Italians only made mags for them. Fuck.
>>
>>30020978

This. Made for French and Italian military by large number of Spanish small-scale manufacturers during World War 1. The French also delivered them to Serbian military during the war.

These pistols show pretty serious variations of quality form one manufacturer to another. France and Italy got rid of them once WW1 was over, probably due to rather ineffective caliber, quality issues and since maintaining them was a logistical nightmare. Not even magazines made by one random manufacturer are likely to work in pistol of another random manufacturer, much less any other parts.

So French and Italians dumped large number of them with fire-sale prices to Finland and Yugoslavia. Finnish military knew the pistol as 7.65 mm pistooli m/19 while Yugos knew it as Pistolj 7,65 mm/VTZ 1933.

They are 7.65 x 17 Browning / .32 ACP caliber and usually have 9 round magazine.
>>
>>30020963
Spanish "Ruby" pistol, I have one that was passed onto me from a family member who passed. I was excited at first to own and shoot it, but the fucker fails to eject every couple rounds.
>>
>>30021025
It appears you're correct. My bad.
>>
>>30020978
>>30020989

>Hi-Point
I have one. It's more akin to Jimenez.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.