[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just learned about Thai fight camps and am seriously thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Suwit%20camp%20August_08[1].jpg (79 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Suwit%20camp%20August_08[1].jpg
79 KB, 640x480
I just learned about Thai fight camps and am seriously thinking about it. Any of you cucks know anything about them? Can someone with /o fight experience survive? How much will it cost? What should I expect/bring with me. Whats the optimal stay time
>>
>>30019572
Bloodsport the movie. It was a documentary filmed in real time.
>>
>>30019572
Whoo boy. I would ask /asp/ like it should be, but the WWE move-in fucked things up.

Expect a slow response
>>
>>30019589
Can you smell what the rock is cooking?
>>
Nowadays those camps are more like guest houses with added gyms. So don't worry. Fairtex camps are pretty commercial, others are more geared towards fighters. Just search on Muay Thai forums.
>>
>>30019600
People's elbow that bitch.
>>
My buddy went to one last year in Phuket. Was $400 USD for a month, meals and a nice room included. They trained for 30 days, 6 days a week 8am to 4 pm. He said it was a blast, the gym even had a tiger on site they could get in the cage with and pet.
>>
>>30019654
>>Phuket
that name still makes me laugh
>>
>>30019666
It's pronounced POO-KET, just FYI. Thailand has no standard romanization system, so most spellings are pulled out of their asses and are sometimes (or used to) even be spelled differently in different official documents or signs.

Some times they like to transliterate to reflect the usage of specific thai characters that have redundancies. Probably the case with phuket, since I think there's like three P equivalents.
>>
>>30019572
>calls us cucks
>has no fighting experience
>>
>>30019602

pretty much this.

if you want the true Buakaw por Pramuk "fighting your way out of poverty with elbows and Wai Kru" experience... expect an angry thai man to pluck you out of poverty at 7 years old for a lifetime of hitting speed bags and thai bags and 6am running in order to have a shot of making Lumpinee only to top out at 14 and have to try to figure out if you can be a mid-level coach (or you could move to the US and teach Muay Thai in a market that's increasingly saturated)
>>
>>30019572
You will not really gain anything from those camps that you can not get at home, if you want to spend 6 hours training a day you can stay home and save the money.
>>
>>30021039

There's that famous adventuresome spirit of yours again
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.