[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
.22 bolt action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: savage mark ii fvsr.png (96 KB, 900x232) Image search: [Google]
savage mark ii fvsr.png
96 KB, 900x232
Whelp, should i go ahead and get pic related? i found one for 250.

I was leaning towards the ruger american until i did a bit of reading and people seem to swear by the fvsr. is the standard mark ii with a 21 inch barrel more accurate?

im leaning towards savage, but im open to any suggestions. i dont know anything about cz, and i dont particularly want to spend that kinda money, but im sure i could be talked into it.

ive got an xt22 that i like, but im gonna leave it as my nonscoped plinker because the barrel is slightly canted and im too lazy to send it in. the sights sit straight so its not an issue, but if i added a scope the axis would be slightly off. so im just gonna leave it be and buy a separate 22 bolt action to use as my scoped plinker.

suggestions?
>>
File: ruger american.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
ruger american.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1920
I own both but only shoot the ruger. the savage is as a rifle is really nice, no real complaints there (aside from it not having irons but what ever). how ever the mags are pure shit. I went through about half a dozen and they all did the same thing. they were fine for about 100 rounds then they would start to spit all the rounds out about half way through loading. I would have to take pliers and bend the lips of the mag and go from there...on every mag....every 100 rounds or so. so in the trash it goes.

the ruger? no complaints other then bx-25s will having trouble feeding the ~12th round so i just use 10 rounders.

I had the savage first and bought the ruger cause the savage was so bad.
>>
If you've read up on the FVSR you know that a lot of people complain about the stocks being flimsy and replace them with the boyds tacticool one. It's $100 more to do so which kinda negates the price. If you're going to spend that kind of money the CZ would be the better choice. Buy once cry once for a rifle you'll likely keep for life.

If you still want something cheap though the Ruger American Rimfire is an option and is going to be nicer out of the box than the Savage. I'd say poke around rimfire central for advice but it seems to be down at the moment.
>>
>>28266935
CZ455 is always a great choice if the budget allows. Or a used 452.
>>
>>28266264
Vostok CM-2 , .25 MOA @ 100 m with Eley Match Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Flat Nose
>>
Yes. And practice with it. In the right hands, a Savage Rascal will outshoot a tacticool richfag with a .308 out to 100 yards.
>>
File: 452.jpg (470 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
452.jpg
470 KB, 1280x960
CZ a best
>>
I am in same predicament op.

Between a Cz, Marlin, savage or the Ruger.

I have a 10/22 so ruger sounds like a no brainer.

CZ is nice but expensive.
>>
>>28266556
Why did you pick a ruger over cz? Just curious.
>>
>>28270732
threaded
irons
good mags (not saying cz aren't but i know rugers are)
all out of the box for cheapish
>>
>>28267797
>TechSIGHTS
MUH NIGGA

I have them on my 452 fullstock 22lr
>>
>>28270787
You like the ruger irons?

Is there some trick to using them decently at 50 yards? I replaced my 10/22 sights with techsights.
>>
>>28270810
havent tried the ruger ones, but i think they are like some m16 service rifle clone? I only use mine for punching paper at like 25m I'm thinking about replacing it with a low power vx2, nothing beats a good scope
>>
>>28270810
ya im in the minority that like 10/22 sights. i just bury the front post in the into the rear sight and cover what i want to hit.
>>
File: Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg (53 KB, 525x385) Image search: [Google]
Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg
53 KB, 525x385
>>28270833
>>
File: 100_4373-550x458.jpg (121 KB, 550x458) Image search: [Google]
100_4373-550x458.jpg
121 KB, 550x458
In terms of feeling like a real rifle. How does the ruger and cz compare?

Does the ruger feel chinsy as fuck?

Is the cz stock/finish durable? Or am I going to fear using it at the range in case a random loose casing dents my wood from some dudes ak or ar.
>>
>>28271006
Ruger doesn't feel flimsy, but certainly moreso than the wooden CZ 455.

Both are tack drivers, and it just comes down to personal preference.

Ruger
>great aftermarket support even for a new rifle
>reliable BX magazines
>threaded barrel
>accurate
>smooth and quick action
>comes with irons
>flimsy-ish feeling stock
>not much more expensive than FV-SR

Savage FV-SR
>great trigger
>good action
>accurate, more solid feeling than ruger
>threaded barrel
>shitty mags
>rough overall finish
>cheapest

CZ 455/452
>most accurate of the bunch
>good irons on most models
>very smooth bolt
>great overall finish
>not much aftermarket support
>also fairly shitty mags
>by far the most expensive
>>
>>28271088
you forgot over sized bolt handle on the savage. rather nice perk for otherwise shit gun
>>
>>28271135
Yeah, that's a nice plus. Honestly of the three I would personally go with the Ruger American for a general use gun.

Not too expensive that you're afraid of dinging up the wood like the CZ, not rough like the Savage.
>>
>>28271006
The stock on my CZ527 only has a couple minor dings, and I certainly don't baby it. 455/452 should be similar.
>>
>>28267725

Please start competing. Claiming you consistently shoot .250 moa out to 100 with a 22 would put you in first in any smallbore match at that range. The x ring iirc is 1" and it's not super often that people clean the sheet.

Unless you're lying.

That would be bad.
>>
>>28266264
YES!
The Mk II is deadly accurate at even 200+ yards.

I recommend the CCI AR Tactical CPRN 40gr.
>>
>>28271006
In terms of feeling like a real rifle the CZ wins hands down, I was looking at a cz452, ruger american and savage mk2. before handling any of them i was fairly set on the ruger american. I played with the cz for a little while and liked it, then i reckon within two seconds of picking up the ruger, i knew i was taking the cz home (savage was in a lower class all together but still pretty neat). Cz felt like an old school heirloom quality rifle with nothing but wallnut and blued steel. The savage and ruger felt hollow and flimsy in comparison
>>
>>28273344
>>28271305
Damn why do the mags have to be so fucking expensive comparitively.

Can you load cz rim fire mags while they are still in the gun like centerfire?
>>
>>28266264
>Cheapest low power round
>In the second slowest firing action

If you're going .22, you have to up the fun factor to at least pump action, if not high capacity semi.
>>
CZs really are worth the extra dosh.

I have a 452 trainer and it is a 100m tack driver.
>>
>>28272099
I'd love to honestly, but everything around me is USPSA and3 gun, and I'm not driving out of state to shoot.

Next time I am at the range I will video tape the whole sh-bang , walking and all, then post it for ya Van.
>>
>>28274165

Please do. Could you do 3 groups of 5?

I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>28274282
Sure thing, well I can try anyhow.
5 groups, 1 practice group, so 6 total, is that fair?
>>
>>28274341
More than fair.

You should actually look into the 6x5 challange on snipers hide. The top score at 100 yds so far is a .653moa average and .359 moa best group.
>>
>>28274781
Now there is a competition , thank you for pointing me towards it.

Should I be shooting in an outdoor range or indoor? I've got access to both that allow 100 Yards . Are we measuring center to center or are we holding to the break the line rule?

Sorry for all the questions i'm just extremely excited about this now.
>>
>>28274892
Indoor outdoor I don't think they care. I believe it's ctc
>>
>>28274998
Upon reading into I looks like both, but CTC is what they rate on.

I should be going shooter here soon, by the months end, and either you'll be impressed or laughing. Either way it should be a good time.

> Is gonna choke under pressure.
>>
>>28275033
I'd love to see a sub $1k out shoot those Anchultz's and that one guys sauer
>>
>>28275065
I'll do what I can, anyhow, what do you shoot? you're the guy that started the precision gun threads right?
>>
>>28275129
For 22's I've got a ruger american, 10/22 (which I'm probably going to give my dad for xmas) and a cooey 75. Nothing super accurate, but I keep inching towards ordering a Shultz & Larsen single shot.

I usually don't start the prg's but I partake in them.
>>
>>28275679
Describe dat boltgun for us. (ruger)
>>
>>28267797
>>28270809
Well this is a coincidence. I'm actually thinking of buying the CZ 455 FS. What's your guys' opinion of CZ rimfire generally? Anyone got a MOA estimate?
I can't help it but the Mannlicher style stocks makes something in my pants go hard.
>>
>>28277306
Ruger American with a vortex viper hst 4-16x44 mrad. Nothing special, breaks clays at 100 yds.
>>
>>28277359
Buy it in store and go through the ones they have in stock. They all have test targets. The place I used to work has one that had 4 cutting edges and one a little away
>>
>>28266264
Barrel length does not change accuracy as long as it's not like 2" long.
>>
>>28277391
>mfw im europoor noguns
There is literally no store which stocks it. I'm going to have it imported from an independent retailer, so that's a no go.
>>
>>28277453
Call and ask
>>
how are cz triggers compared to savage?
>>
>>28277442
Doesnt it change sight picture and velocity though?

>>28277453
Im in NJ and have same problem.
>>
I've got a savage mk2 fvsr in a boyds pro varmint stock with the dip upgrades. Only thing I'm looking at switching out is the stock pic rail to a dip 25moa version. The scope I've got on top is a Bushnell ar optics 4.5-18 in leupy low prw rings. Only ammo I've put thru it is SK rifle match ammo, and it shoots like a dream. I can keep it moa or better at 100m. I'm shooting it suppressed with a SCO warlock 2. Too damn quiet. When shooting at steel the report off the steel seems louder than firing the gun.

If I got another bolt gun I'd look at a CZ455 and put that into a KRG 180 x-ray chassis. They've recently come out with a cz455 model and that would be the tits for a 22lr setup. I'd prolly take the bbl off and switch that out for a lilja straight taper, and then for the scope put on a bushy dmr w/ g2 ret. It would shoot lights out
>>
>>28275679
Cm-2 guy here.
That Schultz& Larsen looks like a whole hell of a lot of fun.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.