[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Big Boy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: H006-large-1.jpg (389 KB, 2460x683) Image search: [Google]
H006-large-1.jpg
389 KB, 2460x683
what does /k/ think about the "Henry Big Boy" .357
>>
Tube loading is for fags. Get a Marlin 1894 or a Rossi 92 instead.
>>
File: 2015-big-boy-silver.png (69 KB, 900x198) Image search: [Google]
2015-big-boy-silver.png
69 KB, 900x198
About the smoothest action you get out the box. Little on the heavy sode, but those octagonal barrels are essentially bull barrels, and helps with heat and accuracy.

I plan on getting pic related soon in 357
>>
It's a big gun
>>
>>30019717
4 U
>>
I prefer the steel versions but that's just me. I really wish they'd make the steel in a carbine length. Extremely smooth action.

As for the "hurr durr muh front loading tube!" I've found that the gun is just as fast to load as a Marlin. Rossi's are absolute shit.

Also no manual safety or lawyer lock on the gun. That's a win for me.

I don't think you'll be disappointed OP.
>>
File: Henry_Big_Boy_314758.jpg (9 KB, 640x176) Image search: [Google]
Henry_Big_Boy_314758.jpg
9 KB, 640x176
>>30019681
This

I have it in .30-30. Smoothest lever action I have ever fired. Plus it's a fucking beautiful rifle, much nicer than a winchester or marlin with their stupid curved levers.
>>
>>30018714
Not big enough. Try 45-70
>>
I've been contemplating buying this as my first rifle as well. My friend has a marlin, so that got me hooked onto lever actions. However, 30-30 is expensive as balls, and being the American I am, I want a brand that is known in the west as the go to gun.

I'm kinda bummed that there's no loading gate type reloading, but then I thought to myself: when will I have the need to reload faster? And if you bring a lever action to a gun fight, then you're a retard.

I'd do it op
>>
Handled both steel and brass in 357 at the range. Don't like the way you load it but the steel was sweet and light.
>>
thanks for you input, guys. convinced me to buy to be my first rifle. will go with my revolver in 357
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.