[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Svt-40 vs m305
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 600x152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 600x152
I'm looking at picking up a full cartridge battle rifle in the near future. I'm looking at the nork m305 and svt-40.

I would love to hear from people who have owned/used one or both.

Will mostly be used at the range. Concerns are availability of ammo, ease of maintinence, reliability, accuracy, and usability/ergonomics.

And yes, I live in Cucknadia and only have my PAL.
>>
>nork
>>
>>30012987
Norinco. It's a chinese company that sells a lot of cheap stuff in Canada. The m305 is basically a clone of the m14 for $600-$700
>>
I've been debating this same question. I'd go for the m305b because there is an established market for parts here and it's a newer design so it can feed reliably from magazines other than the one it left the factory with.
>>
File: Family Photo.png (1 MB, 1217x601) Image search: [Google]
Family Photo.png
1 MB, 1217x601
>>30012955
I have both OP.

They're both fun rifles but I'll give you the rundown of what I think of both of them.

M305
-.308 is EVERYWHERE
-~$600-650 for longer varient
-Some magazines I've had to play with the feed lips so they don't spit out the last round
-Front sight post is frequently way off center and can be a bit aesthetic turnoff.
-Quite a few parts you can buy from places like m14.ca for it

SVT-40
-7.62x54 is not everywhere but still fairly common
-Extra magazines are expensive as fuck
-Muzzle brake (mine is the 6 port) not only works well for the shooter but blasts people beside you
-Makes many Americans jealous
-Spare parts don't float around very much
-Sometimes has FTE

These are all I can think of as things that stand out.
No not believe the retards that tell you SVT40s beat themselves to death because that entirely depends on what the gas setting is. If/when you get one start low on the gas and increase until it consistently cycles properly. These stories come from people leaving the gas setting on the highest and it starts damaging the rifle
>>
>>30014027
How exactly does one adjust the gas setting on an svt 40?
>>
Get a PTR instead of this hot piece of garbage.
>>
>>30015076
pliers or get the tool
>>
I seem to recall the m305 bolts being prone to cracking on the lugs, and the receivers meed modification to run a gi bolt.
>>
File: average_PTR_owner.jpg (856 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
average_PTR_owner.jpg
856 KB, 1080x720
>>30015095
>get a cold piece of garbage instead
Also,
>PTR
>Canada
kek
>>
File: PTR quality.webm (812 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PTR quality.webm
812 KB, 1920x1080
>>30015095
Chinks make a better gun than PTR though
>>
>>30015076
There's a small hexagon shaped knob a little behind the front sight post at the end of the perforated heat shield. You turn it to let in more or less gas.
>>
>>30015095
>PTR
>Canada
>>
File: 20140827_152823_HDR-1.jpg (3 MB, 2986x1100) Image search: [Google]
20140827_152823_HDR-1.jpg
3 MB, 2986x1100
Mhmmmm
>>
>>30015232

>this bait again
>>
>>30014027

>SVT mags are expensive

Don't they also use Mosin stripper clips? The mags are pinned to five rounds anyway, couldn't you just use clips?

I've actually been contemplating the same thing. I figured I'd pick up an SKS first and then a full sized battle rifle and was trying to decide between the nork M14s and an SVT.
>>
>>30017125
I use stripper clips for mine yes, but OP may be one of those guys who would want more than one magazine for it.
>>
>>30013057
Nork means North Korean.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.