[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Army or Marines?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: M240B.jpg (88 KB, 800x274) Image search: [Google]
M240B.jpg
88 KB, 800x274
Now I know there's a similar thread down below, but I've been meaning to ask as well.

I don't know which division I want to go to for Infantry. Now, I'm from Clarksville Tennessee, where Fort Campbell is. So the temptation to go 506th is strong, but I wanna get your guys's input on it. I'm curious the pros and cons of both.
>>
Marines don't wash their hands when they go to the bathroom
>>
>>30011434
You think that you have a choice lol?
>>
File: not even james bond.jpg (330 KB, 700x546) Image search: [Google]
not even james bond.jpg
330 KB, 700x546
Just tell the recuriter that you want to go Delta. If you don't you'll just end up some hopeless POG.

Source: me, im a pog
>>
>>30011434
No no no.

Someone needs to get /meg/ back up.

You really don't deserve 2 threads for same question.
>>
>>30011434
506th, part of 101st Airborne (also known as "Puking Chickens")? Join 82nd ("All Alcoholics"), they are true Airborne while 101st is something else nowadays, or so I have heard from someone who served/serves in 82nd
>>
OP really thinks he'll have a choice of where he goes and what unit he gets into in either branch

Fucking kek.

anyway the only cool thing about the Marines over the Army is that no matter what battalion you'll go to you'll eventually go on a MEU and train in plenty of foreign countries. After I got out everyone in my platoon got split up and went to 3 different battalions. All of them have been to The baltics, black sea rotational force, and norway. Some of them 2 or 3 times already. Marines have also been getting better about sending guys to foreign schools. I know a few people who got to go to French Commando school and one is currently in the UK on an exchange with the Royal marines, and a few sergeants are in romania hanging out with the romanian army. In the army unless you are in a few select units you wont have as many chances to go fuck around elsewere. The army is still deploying to afghanistan so thats pretty cool though.
>>
>>30012262
101st is air assault.
>>
>>30012497
right, they are still called Airborne while in reality they are air assault now, that particular fact rustled the 82nd -guy's jimmies a little bit
>>
If you have to ask join the army.
>>
>>30011434
You don't get a choice about where you go. You get orders to wherever the Army sends you.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.