[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weapons for the UK home.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: 3e3r3r4.png (1 MB, 558x864) Image search: [Google]
3e3r3r4.png
1 MB, 558x864
Hi /k/. First time poster here with a question. Let me give you the background. I'm moving out of my family home, I'm about to live on my own for the first time in my own apartment. Naturally, I'll be feeling on edge when I live by myself and have thought about protective measures. Problem is, I'm living in the U.K. and as the rest of the world knows, I'm living in a pussy state.

My question is concerning what kind of weapon I could own within legal limits for my own protection, should a burglar or assailant get into my house. I've made a list of what I could possibly use and here's what I'm thinking:

>Pepper spray, Baseball bat, Cricket bat, Chain lock, Golf club, Tire Iron, Hammer, Sledgehammer, Tonfa (Baton) Axe, Machete, Bill Hook, Pocket knife 3'' blade, High-powered BB gun/rifle. Bow, Crossbow.

>Augmented:

>Billiard balls w/ sock, Kitchen knife attached to pole.

I'm trying to think of other augmented weapons I could combine. Thanks in advance /k/.
>>
>>30010197
Pepper spray is illegal to own.
>>
>>30010211
No shit? Well that's out the window.
>>
File: london.jpg (24 KB, 512x351) Image search: [Google]
london.jpg
24 KB, 512x351
>>30010197
Im from the uk and some of your ideas are a bit retarded. Air rifles/pistols have a power limit and bb guns arent going to do jack shit. Pepper sprays illegal. And probably carrying any of those out the house will result in pic related.

But inside of the house all the things in the top list except pepper spray and a bb gun are fine. A golf/baseball/cricket bat and a ball shouldnt result in any "WHAT HAV U GOT THIS FOR THEN SUNNY JIM"

Also if you dont have a criminal record you should be able to get a shotgun license easily, but that depends as well on if the landlord of the apartment wants the safe bolted in to your wall
>>
>>30010267
I don't intend to carry any of the weapons I'm considering outside of the home. I've looked into the idea of owning a hunting shotgun, and although it's possible for me to get the license, the gun itself is off the cards; it's too expensive. (From what I've seen so far).
>>
>>30010382
Fellow bong reporting.

I have lots of lovely weapons. What is your budget and I will advise.
>>
>>30010406
£200 tops
>>
>>30010406
Not him but is it hard to get a semi auto (.22) and a bolt action? Also can I go huntin with a nugget or a enfeild ?
>>
File: WP_20160421_19_45_32_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160421_19_45_32_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>30010433
Ok then.

One option is the Esee 3
http://uk.knivesandtools.com/en/pt/-esee-knives-model-3-grey-esee-3p-ko.htm?gclid=CLeM9sWp6cwCFQ2eGwodLFkFCQ

Mine stays on my belt 24/7. All day comfy and concealed. If you use it for self defence at home then you say you have it for "bushcraft". Brilliant knife.

Spend the remaining £110 on a chain lock and a bolt to reinforce the door.

Or... you could get something like pic attached for £110. 260fps 50ft lbs and legal. Add broadheads and kill a sucker dead (don't miss)

Hope that helps
>>
>>30010454
Unless he has land, and interest in shooting and a gunsafe (and a lot more than £200), then yes. It would be more trouble than it would be worth.
>>
>>30010480
Nice knife. I'll keep the link saved.

As for the crossbow, I heard broadhead bolts are illegal.
>>
>>30010197
Aren't most types of clubs exempt from UK weapons laws? Those seem great for self-defense.
>>
>>30010501
What if I joined a gun club? Can't I jut keep most of my shit in there

Also what do you have
>>
>>30010518
Nope, utter lies. Illegal to hunt with (and crossbow in general) but legal to own. You brought them for a "youtube review"
>>
>>30010526
You would have to keep all of your shit there. If that suits you then it's fine.

I have a high powered air rifle. Could own a .22 or shotty as have land but not that interested in anything other than sniping rabbits.
>>
>>30010197
Get a baseball bat, gloves and a few balls, a maybe an uniform as well. That way if the police ever catches you, you can honestly claim you play baseball for fun.
>>
>>30010576
Probably best to join a gun club then. I just have an interest in stalking deers but yeah it must be a long process. It would probably be easier to just join the army ahah
>>
>>30010197
>>
>>30010609
Kek
>>
File: Crosman-Pioneer-Airbow.jpg (77 KB, 1087x600) Image search: [Google]
Crosman-Pioneer-Airbow.jpg
77 KB, 1087x600
Oh britbongs.
You make me so sad. We used to be so proud of you! Hell, I even live in an area so British it's hilarious! (Town of Picton, Prince Edward County)
When will your government learn they have gone too far?

Anyways, that aside, we have a fair amount of unregulated stuff that I am curious as to Brit law regarding...

>black powder weapons?
>airguns as high as 500fps?
>flamethrowers?
>airbow? (Pic related)
>>
>>30012961
>We used to be so proud of you!

Your opinion really doesn't mean anything to me, m8
>>
>>30010197
You can own a gun, a knife, a sword, a baton, a bat, a mace etc
You just can't carry them about for self-defence
If they were lying about your house and you just happened to grab one to defend against a home invader then it's fair game.
>>
File: wolverine21-1347243729.jpg (28 KB, 584x249) Image search: [Google]
wolverine21-1347243729.jpg
28 KB, 584x249
>MFW I see this thread as a burger
>>
>>30012988
I phrased that wrong. It wasn't so much our opinion of you, should have probably read
>we used to be so proud to be a part of you!

Anyways, that bit's irrelevant, because unlike murricans, I don't like to shit on the british situation. I just hope it gets better for you guys before it gets worse. We're dealing with our own problems here. Trudeau's liberals have already made moves against gun owners twice since he came in. They just keep doing it all sneaky, quiet bills proposed so nobody realizes what is happening.

I just wanted to know the status of the things I listed, because here those are largely unregulated (black powder needs to be flintlock/matchlock/wheellock. Percussion caps need a lisence.)
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.