[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dating a German WWI helmet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
This is all alleged as my mom has a tendency to skip on details and knows nothing about either world wars. She just saw it labeled as WWI and thought "Oh, my son likes that stuff". My WWI knowledge is minuscule compared to WWII so I figured I'd go to you guys.

>Mom at garage sale
>Sees helmet, coat, sleeping bag, etc.
>Everything is priced extremely high for garage sale standards.
>101 year old man and his 50-something daughter.
>Daughter is pricing everything, claiming "I'm pricing it like you would on ebay."
>Bitchgotofuckingebaythencunt.jpeg
>Mom chatted with elder for a bit.
>Guy claims that (Again, this is my mom's retelling) that he found it in Germany in his military years, his "safety team/group" was walking through a bombed out church, found it laying there, and brought it back with him.
>He told her he'd sell her the helmet for $15.
>Coat was long, green, had fur lapel/hood, but daughter was wanting $250 and it was pretty torn up.

Looks pretty awesome. I'm more of a collector of guns than equipment, but glad she picked it up

Any idea on how to date these things? Only info on it is by the left ear it's stamped "E.T.64."
>>
>>30009735

Well what are its interests? You could try a classic movie and a walk on the beach. Maybe read it some nationalist literature and serve it wine.
>>
Don't just take it out to coffee or a movie; it will start thinking you only want to be friends
>>
>>30009757
>>30009772

You motherfuckers. I was coming to do this.
>>
>>30009757
>>30009772
kek

Also, found a dome stamp which is 6D65
>>
>>30009735
>Only info on it is by the left ear it's stamped "E.T.64."

Made by Eisenhuettenwerke Thale A.G; it is a size 64. It looks like a Model 1916 or '17.
>>
>>30009798

As the owner of a '16, I think it's a '17 or '18. '16 doesn't have those holes in front of the sappenpanzer lugs.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (57 KB, 1000x491) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
57 KB, 1000x491
>>30009735
last german war helmet i dated gave great head

bring her flowers and schnitzel and I bet she'll let you wear her out
>>
>>30009757
>>30009772
This was my first thought too.
>/k/: a magical place

ET64 is the maker mark and size of the shell.

Your helmet is either an M16 or M17, but you'll never really know. Reason being the difference between the M16 and M17 is in the liner, which you don't have. So your helmet would date between 1916 and maybe early 1918 (they came out with a new helmet called the M18 that is missing those bolts on the skirt).

You got a fantastic deal on the helmet, and seems to have the original paint from what I can see.
>>
>>30009817
>'16 doesn't have those holes in front of the sappenpanzer lugs.

Yes it does, that's for the liner.
>>
File: images-3.jpg (6 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
6 KB, 265x190
>>30009735
stay avay from mein little girl
>>
>>30009867

I put mine on just now while apparently huffing paint and the little wing bolts stabbed me in the temple, reminding me of the holes' existence.

And the fact I have no liners for it.
>>
Pretty sweet legit helmet bro.

My mother got had at a different garage sale.
She bought what she thought was an SS helmet as a surprise for me, but it was a Hungarian m65 helmet that was rattle canned gray with SS decals stuck on it.
>>
>>30009980

> it was a Hungarian m65 helmet that was rattle canned gray with SS decals stuck on it

People who pass off stuff like that should have been the folks that went into the death camps t.b.h

Looking at you, Mitchell's Mausers.
>>
>>30009735
Well first you gotta take it out to dinner.
>>
>>30009735
Your mom is so nice for buying millitaria for you.
>>
>>30010694

That was my first thought too. What a nice mom.

As much as I hate women sometimes moms are pretty cool
>>
>>30010732
my mom once bought me an ushanka hat to keep my head warm, because she made a joke about it when we were watching tv one day, but she got me the one with the soviet crest on it. which is pretty cool but at the same time I live in quite a right wing area so i'll never be able to wear it outside.
>>
What ever you do, don' t let her take you home to meet dad.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.