[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do military vehicles have car keys? Thinking about it, having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Do military vehicles have car keys?

Thinking about it, having car keys might be counterproductive to military vehicles since when shit hits the fan you can't afford time searching for that shit if in case it is missing

But then again security issues.
>>
>>30008787
No, but entry points are pad-locked.
>>
>>30008798
They're upgrading those to retinal sensors now.
>>
>>30008805
That sounds stupid and expensive, so I believe it.
>>
>>30008798
>No, but entry points are pad-locked.

So, its searching for the padlock keys instead of the car keys.
>>
>>30008821
Keys.... Grandpa get off the internet.
>>
>>30008787
swiss army here: we have keys on our trucks, Puchs and Duros
I don't know about armored vehicles like the Mowag Eagle or Piranha though
>>
nah they dont have keys, in fact its common for people to fuck with newer marines/soldiers by telling them someone dropped the hummvee keys in a field and they need to look for it.
>>
>>30008844

Hey this sounds like I'm trolling but do you guys get actually issued some sort of swiss army knife or not?
>>
>>30008846
This.

They didn't have keys and we used to piss Motor T guys off in Iraq because we'd just go take one if we wanted it.
>>
>>30008873
yes the Soldatenmesser 08
>>
File: 1328738317706.jpg (30 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1328738317706.jpg
30 KB, 313x313
>>30008787
I'd key her, OP.

Might damage the lock, too.
>>
>>30008787

relevant:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Nelson_%28plumber%29
>>
>>30008787
depends, Land Rover Defenders have car keys, as do many other similar European vehicles
>>
Trucks and gators have a steel cable padlocked around the steering wheel.

You can still drive it, but range of motion for wheel is limited.
>>
>>30008811
>be operating on foreign soil on behalf of God Emperor Trump
>leave vehicle camouflaged inna-ditch
>on seek and destroy patrol
>all's going well until you hear some goat fucking in the distance
>you round a berm and see a convoy of 60 jihadi-johnathans coming down the road towards you
>OhShit.sai
>run back to your vehicle and go to open the door, putting your eye to the retinal scanner
>access denied, try again
>door won't open
>eventually get captured and forced to listen to bad Afghan music
>>
>>30008967
I like your attitude.
>>
>>30008844
Pirhana driver here, they don't have a key normally but we lock them if a padlock
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.