[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How important is it to be able to shoot a gun before you buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: f2df12af.jpg (123 KB, 799x596) Image search: [Google]
f2df12af.jpg
123 KB, 799x596
How important is it to be able to shoot a gun before you buy it? I just got my permit and I'm trying to buy my first handgun. Unfortunately, the shop near me does not have a range or any sort of rental procedure.

I picked up and held a bunch of guns but the two that I really liked the feel of were a 1911 and the cz 75 b. Is it smart to just buy a gun based on how it feels in your hands, without shooting it?
>>
>>30004940
What's important is to see how it feels in your hand. You can look up YouTube reviews to get an idea of how it shoots.
>>
>>30004940

That and reviews, CZ 75s are /k/ approved as are 1911s provided they are made by a decent company.

If its your first handgun I'd say get the CZ 75. 9mm is cheaper and the maintenance on it is easier than on the 1911.
>>
>>30004940
I never tried any gun that I've bought. I've been extremely lucky though, as my carry gun fits me like a glove.
>>
>>30004952
>>30004973
>>30004979

The 1911 was a springfield. I'm leaning towards the CZ as it just seems to "fit."

I've only fired a few other handguns. I shot a P226 and H&K pistol in 9mm. I also fired a few different Wilson Combat .45 1911s. I felt like the .45s were war more accurate than the 9mms but I assume this is because they're WCs?
>>
File: 1443640208018.jpg (10 KB, 217x218) Image search: [Google]
1443640208018.jpg
10 KB, 217x218
>tfw you're coming to a realization that the first handgun you bought wasn't the right one
>>
>>30005072
This is why I tell people to buy a glock, or a sig in 9x19. If you can shoot a glock you can shoot any modern pistol with a decent break and most sigs I've shot don't have a break at all. Easy to learn on just don't develop a flinch
>>
>>30005107
>or a sig in 9x19

It is a sig
>>
>>30005072
I have the opposite problem. I want to change carry pieces because I want a different caliber, but I can't walk away from my current one. It just fits me so well. I even bought a replacement for it, but I ended up selling it because I never carried it.
>>
theres only one gun i regret buying after shooting and thats my 308 vepr. ive owned it for two years now, lots of mags and ammo but have literally 50-60 rounds through it. bland and heavy- it does nothing for me.
ive halfheartedly tried to get rid of it a few times but im not hard up for cash or anything, i just dont care that much.
>>
no handgun has shot much different than than any other one to me.i think too much is made of all of it.
>>
File: Kit-Kat-Wrapper-Small.jpg (38 KB, 411x257) Image search: [Google]
Kit-Kat-Wrapper-Small.jpg
38 KB, 411x257
>>30004940
I'm in the same situation OP. I'm picking my gun tomorrow after just trying a bunch in different shops. I'll spend like two hours there just finger fucking pistols. I hope $500 goes a long enough way
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 700x554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 700x554
Didn't see a QTDDTOT so asking it here: what would be a good first 1911, was just thinking of getting a Auto Ordnance(partly because of Pulp Fiction) and because their actually really good for the cheap cost.

But also Springfields seem pretty great from seeing and reading about them lately, and would most Colts be out of a price range of the other two? And which 1911 Colt would be better too look into, government? Series 70? 80? Also are Inlands worth a damn?
>>
>>30005072
I got a makarov as my first handgun, the trigger isn't amazing, the finish was rough, the thing is also almost too small for my hands but I can still shoot ir better than any other handgun I own.
You just gotta learn to love it.
>>
>>30006906

>Didn't see a QTDDTOT so asking it here: what would be a good first 1911, was just thinking of getting a Auto Ordnance(partly because of Pulp Fiction) and because their actually really good for the cheap cost.

Auto Ordnance 1911s have heavy triggers with really sharp edges.
They recently changed the trigger design, and it's fucking painful to shoot more than a few mags.

>But also Springfields seem pretty great from seeing and reading about them lately, and would most Colts be out of a price range of the other two?
Springfields and Colts are both good, and are around the same price range.
Also Remingtons are nice.
I've got an R1 Enhanced that I turned into my cc pistol.

>And which 1911 Colt would be better too look into, government? Series 70? 80?
It's mostly aesthetic.
70 is better in my opinion tho.
I prefer the arched mainspring housing.

>Also are Inlands worth a damn?
Not really.
>>
>>30004940
It's not important at all, as long as you've shot the caliber before you have a general idea of what you're in for. It's `100x more important to read accurate reviews and performance statistics of the firearm you're looking to purchase. I personally like to know how to totally disassemble the firearm I want to purchase before I buy it.
>>
>>30005072
If you don't like it...sell it at a gun show, or something. I traded my first gun for another that was worth twice as much.
>>
>>30004940
CZ's are the most copied guns ever made for a reason. They are all around solid guns, with great ergonomics. Can't really go wrong with one.
1911's also have great ergonomics and are tried and tested. Not everyone likes them, but also solid guns. Just buy something you think you will like, that isn't insanely expensive.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.