[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do i....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1341639991758.jpg (111 KB, 1600x1273) Image search: [Google]
1341639991758.jpg
111 KB, 1600x1273
Going on a prairie dog shoot , next week. Was originally going to be staying in a bunk house, but that has fallen through due to land owners family coming into town . ( free hunt, and it is a holiday so i wont complain)

will be out on a 200 acer p.dog town by myself. for 3 days.

my project gun will not be done in time , so no 1000 yrd p dog kills.

taking my 20" ar 15 with 3-15x scope and atlas bipod,

22lr with 3-9 scope

22lr pistol.

what else should i bring?

supply wise, i figure,
Tarp,
Tent
ground pad
sleeping bag
clothing
spare shoes
rain gear

gun gear
cleaning kit
spare BCG and firing pin

taking 1500 rounds of 22lr
500rds of 5.56

Should i bring my mosin for giggles?

help an excited /kommando out?

pic unrelated
>>
also this will be in western nebraska.

over the memorial weekend
>>
Do you have access to a portable shooting bench? That will make things a lot more convenient. Bring plenty of beverages and water. The AR should suffice.

Bring the mosin, I've tried to get a prairie dog with mine but haven't been successful, so get me pictures please.
>>
>>30005170
Adding to this, soft point .223 is what you want for the AR, I've had to stomp a few prairie dogs hit by normal 5.56
>>
>>30003671

>Going on a prairie dog shoot

Are you going to eat them?

No?

Then don't be a dick and shoot a paper target.
>>
File: champion_loader.jpg (20 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
champion_loader.jpg
20 KB, 480x480
>>30003671
Yes, take the Mosin.. Pics or it didn't happen. :}
Don't forget your Champion speed loader for .22lr.
It kicks the ass on the competitors, doesn't jam to death.
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/champion-ruger-10-22-magazine-loader-40430-076683404305.do
>>
>>30005170
>Bring plenty of beverages and water

Surely you mean "TAKE plenty of beverages and water". How could he possibly 'bring' something to a place that he hasn't arrived at yet? Or are you going with him?
>>
>>30005242
kys
>>
>>30003671
Don't forget your suppressor, after the first couple shots, no dogs within 150y will come out of their holes.

>>30005184
Varmint loads work fine, no soft point needed. Not to mention its cheaper.
>>
>>30005378
Is it? I've got varmageddon reloads that I've made for cheap, but I've found the softpoint to be cheapest. Granted it's re-manufactured not too far away. What do you use?
>>
>>30005328
Cringe'd
>>
File: winston churchill.jpg (87 KB, 426x457) Image search: [Google]
winston churchill.jpg
87 KB, 426x457
They live in large packs with look-outs. Your 22lr will be mostly worthless.

When I went 10 years ago in Wyoming; at ranges of 150-300 yrds, it was about a round every 3 seconds each (3 persons). I recommend bringing extra .223 rounds and a spare .223 gun for unexpected breakage.

High-powered binocs are nice if you plan to spot via your car.
>>
also, yes, bring the Mosin. After about 50 kills it gets boring, and this is coming from a 13 y.o at the time.

They are pretty smart but their telescopic vision is not the best. Stay ranged and use your weapon optics.
>>
Prairie dogs are cute tho
>>
>>30003671
What are you taking as far as food and firewood goes? If you're going to be on your own and far from town you'll want a fire every night and real food, bring a pot and some water to wash it and cook Campbell's soup a few times. MRE's, ramen, and power bars get old quick.
>>
>>30006652
And pests
>>
>>30003671
Bring a decent pistol for defense out there as well (I take my 4" gp100). Last thing you need is to run into a surprised bobcat with nothing on you.
>>
>>30005328
My sides
>>
Thanks .

As to why kill them?

This is on a family firends cattle ranch. This 200 acre plot is unusable for grazing cattle on for fear of them breaking legs in the holes ( it has happened)

Ill bring my gp100 . and my suppresors. .

Ill look up plans for a portable bench.
>>
>>30005328
>Teacher, can I go to the bathroom
>>
Hatchet, e-tool/shovel, birdseed or whatever they like to eat, and a bucket of tannerite.
>>
>Atlas bipod

If you want to pay too much for an inferior bipod

Harris or nothing
>>
>>30005378
Yup. Best way to go doggin is with a back hoe or ditch witch.
Dig a trench through their area day lighting tunnel sections. Then sit in the ditch waiting for them to pop out each wall running through.
Good money if you find a cattle rancher, one broken leg in a hole and you got to put down hundreds of dollars worth of live stock.They hate P. dogs.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 550x413
The guys that do it all the time are using .223 or better bolt guns with 12x minimum scopes and shooting from benches at 200-300 yards or more.
>>
>>30003671
Bring gloves. Handling any carcass should be done with gloves.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.