[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /k/ I had what may be a dumb idea or maybe a great idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Okay /k/ I had what may be a dumb idea or maybe a great idea for an upcoming debate class.

>Worst fears in nation ring true
>All magazines limited to 10 round capacity
>.50 Beowulf rounds are designed to fit in 30 round AR-15 magazines.
>Only 10 rounds will fit in standard magazine
>Ta-dah ten round magazine

I don't see how one would fight in a court of law against this.
The flip side of this logic is that any magazine could just be filled with 22lr or 22 short even and claim its a high capacity magazine

How retarded is this idea?
>>
>>30003384
What's the debate? Your basically just stating that you can put 10 .50 Beowulf in a 30 round mag.
>>
>>30003384
Issues.

1: standard magazine capacity based on the cartage it was intended to use, I.e 5.56 only in 5.56 ,

2; Modifying a 50 Beowulf mag to accept 5.56 could be considered illegally modifying the weapon, even if you didn't have to modify it and just did it.
>>
>>30003384

The argument that was presented to us was that all magazines should be limited to 10 round.

I'm against she is for it.

I'm just trying to point out that that regulation will accomplish nothing in so far is you can quite easily circumvent that law.
>>
>>30003451
I think the point is you can fit 30 rounds in "10 round .50 Beowulf" mag, or just as easily fit many small calibers into large caliber magazines to defeat low-cap magazine laws.

This implies the entire attempt would be futile since it's hard to prevent people from circumventing the law.
>>
>>30003497
Chicago reload is your best bet, Also make a note that with fewer rounds , more people " make them count" , it's a common mentality people use even with money.
>>
>>30003497

>The argument that was presented to us was that all magazines should be limited to 10 round.

That sounds like a statement to me. Without presenting any argument, logic behind it, facts, data, etc... there is nothing to debate; it's just two people making statements. If you want help you gotta say what the argument is.
>>
>>30003527
Then couldn't the person respond then that if you're caught with more than 1 rounds in a magazine you should be charged? It's hard to prevent people from circumventing a lot of laws, but we still have them.
>>
>>30003384
I actually have a friend in California that does this.
>>
>>30003384
I don't know why they want to limit the clip size though.

Does it really matter when you can just reload it in like 2 seconds?
>>
welcome to canadian gun politics.

we have been fighting this exact point for several years.
>>
File: 1442030838484.png (133 KB, 339x296) Image search: [Google]
1442030838484.png
133 KB, 339x296
>>30003605

>clip

Also you can get it done much faster than two seconds if you practice even just a little bit.
>>
>>30003628
Yea that's what i'm saying.

restricting the clip size at best is just a nuisance.
>>
>>30003384
Same with .458 socom. 20 round ar15 mag holds 7, 30 round holds 10
>>
>>30003497
The way I would go about this, would be to call into question how arbitrary the number 10 is.

Did it come from study that shows the 11th round is what always kills no matter the caliber, placement, or distance the rounds are shot?

Did gun owners agree 9 rounds is just enough for enjoyable target shooting?

Or did some idiot who's never even held a gun arrive at the number because he has 10 fingers and was terrified of guns so he said 10 rounds max, without any sound reasoning?
>>
>>30003384
>and then .50 Beowulf is banned
>>
File: 7b2.jpg (12 KB, 320x337) Image search: [Google]
7b2.jpg
12 KB, 320x337
>>30003605
>>30003686
>clip
>>
>>30003727
>>30003528
These are the best two points in my opinion.
Limiting magazine size will have zero effect on school shooting body count. High magazine capacity is useful for putting rounds down range to surpress the enemy while your squad mates move up.
Basically, limiting magazine size would only put a "well regulated militia" at a firepower disadvantage (which is the real reason why the govt wants to limit it).

A 10 round magazine will not give a movie theater massacre victim the opportunity to stumble over a pile of bodies to tackle the shooter when he's reloading.
>>
File: lead_large.jpg (102 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
lead_large.jpg
102 KB, 615x410
First and foremost thing to remember when debating about guns is that liberals don't have a clue about anything that they are talking about. Dianne Feinstein didn't know what a barrel shroud was but put it on her list of things to be banned on the Assault Weapons Ban.

Otherwise I'd ad that the bigger the magazine capacity the more likely it is to fail. Gabriel Gifford's shooters Glock jammed because he bought Korean made 33 round magazines. Arvada theater shooter's AR with a 100 rounder jammed and started using a shotgun with birdshot. Meanwhile the San Bernardino shooters used an ass load of 10 rounders, look at the backpack at the top of the picture.
>>
>>30003384
I think I've heard canucks do this with ".458 SOCOM magazines".
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.