[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I'm currently in the process of planning a big trip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Bucket List New Vegas.png (201 KB, 635x531) Image search: [Google]
Bucket List New Vegas.png
201 KB, 635x531
Hey /k/
I'm currently in the process of planning a big trip
I would like to have a handgun on me to protect myself from potential dangers (biker gangs, wildlife, etc.)
I'm from California and want to know how I should go about acquiring a CCW for Nevada and would a 1911 be a good choice for a defense weapon?
>>
>>30002567
PATROLLING THE MOJAVE ALMOST MAKES YOU WISH FOR A NUCLEAR WINTER
>>
>>30002593
damn straight
>>
>>30002607
Dont take the road north, Sloan got taken over by a pack of Deathclaws
>>
>>30002615
I made a map silly
>>
Be careful near Searchlight, last I heard there were a lot of ghouls there.
>>
>>30002701
im getting the feeling that im not going to have my original question answered
>>
>>30002710
kek
>>
>>30002710
If somebody asks, we never spoke
>>
You need a CCW permit that Nevada recognizes - Arizona is the most available one that allows out of state residents to get it.

Californistan ranges mostly do Utah and Florida courses because of how easy the OOS CCW is but some places offer Arizona - expect to spend about $200 and a good bit of time getting it.

>would a 1911 be a good choice for a defense weapon

Whatever you are most comfortable with. Something subcompact would be best because of weight and concealability but if you do best with a 1911 (I do too) just suck it up and carry a 1911.

Once you get into California things get more problematic. Look up the local BLM office for rules about hiking when carrying - having a hunting license (even if it is out of season and area) gives you a lot of flexibility for LOC and UOC in many BLM, NF and park areas. Have a bag (even soft) and a gun lock for urban areas etc just in case.
>>
File: A_Light_Shining_in_Darkness_02.png (804 KB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
A_Light_Shining_in_Darkness_02.png
804 KB, 1200x850
>>30002710
only correct answer
>>
>>30002710
Working on it sugarplum

>>30002752
Things I forgot in this:

Your main problems will have 2 or no legs, nothing big will pose a threat out there.
Carry earplugs and a mag with either dedicated snakeshot or some cheap FMJ to deal with any rattlers on the trail.
>>
Don't waste your time walking through Henderson and Vegas. Absolutely nothing to see most of the way except depressing suburbia and a fuckton of dindu's, mexicunts and pacific gangplanets looking to steal your shit if you are on foot.
Take the bus in and out, spend more time in the desert.
>>
>>30002844
I would really prefer to only go on foot to really immerse myself
Would you recommend a detour?
>>
>>30003382
On mobile right now so can't give you the exact details but there is a great patch of wildernesses in Sloan to explore. Of the thread is still alive later I'll post it, if not check in at the k meet thread tomorrow.
>>
>>30002844
Seconding this warning.
>>
>>30005035
all good
thank you everyone for the advice
>>
>>30002785
Last time I heard, a group of folk only found those in Utah.
>>
File: 20100927-IMG_6969.jpg (633 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
20100927-IMG_6969.jpg
633 KB, 1280x1920
>>30005557
One trail I really liked was the one that goes through 35°54'47.3"N 114°54'33.4"W. Nothing special about it, nothing near it - just a nice straight dirt trail with nothing in either direction.

Some fucks had to put a big solar farm on both sides but north or south it's a good desert experience.

A few shots from the area.
>>
File: 20100927-IMG_6993.jpg (626 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
20100927-IMG_6993.jpg
626 KB, 1920x1281
Got any questions - check the california k meet threads, get a slack account from there and message me.
>>
File: 20100928-IMG_1868.jpg (339 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
20100928-IMG_1868.jpg
339 KB, 1920x1440
>>
>>30002567
If you're going to be hoofing it I'd reccomend getting a poly frame or a compact model, having hiked for five days with a cap and ball Remington I really appreicated how fucking bullshit a big iron is when having to actually carry and manuver with the damn thing on my hip.

As for actual aquisition of said firearm, I have no idea given how short of building your own or hopping the border to NV for a quick FTF buy given you live in Cali.
>>
>>30007984
I cannot read maps or read words. Just find a place with cheap transfers and buy a used Glock, Shield or something similarly small and light without getting too snappy for followup shots if you live in NV, they have okay gun laws there. Are you set on .45?
>>
Don't bother with a handgun or CCW if you're gonna be innawilderness the whole time.

Get a Sub-2000 instead.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.