[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm watching this movie and my opinion is that is forced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Triple.9.jpg (50 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
Triple.9.jpg
50 KB, 333x500
I'm watching this movie and my opinion is that is forced "grim-dark".
I'm on half the movie but I feel that it probably wont end good for protags.
I stopped watching because it feels too grim but I wonder ...
Hollywood movie bullshit aside, does USA has such huge problem with corruption and gangs .
I'm from EU, and we have crime but it is really well hidden, there is just no "dangerous areas" or projects or whatever, bad people here wear ties , couldn't beat 5 y/o, sit in comfy leather chairs, live well , have a nice job in huge bullshit complex that is EU bureaucracy .
It's a rare country in whole EU where there is city where you should be afraid to walk alone at night.

Again, i know this is the movie and everything is exaggerated tenfold, but one wonders, you have by now around 10 generations of "vets" who are usually fertile ground for organised crime or just plain violence(when they come home, disillusioned , see that economy is in shit, cant find job yet aggression and training stayed pretty much the same).
Anyway, story of movie is in Georgia(AFAIK its semi-redneck country?!).

Does average US citizen feel safe in everyday life?Do gangs openly walk on streets showing their tattoos and crap like that, did Cartels managed to collect so much power to not be afraid to leave heads publicly around USA with messages?
I went on /tv/ with this, IDK if this is /pol/(too much racism bias),/tv/(well, no one got out of his house since Clinton administration) or /k/ territory (just right amount of bullshit mixed with reality).
Also is this movie tacticool?
>>
>>30001941
There are dozens of European cities I wouldn't feel safe walking in. You clearly have just never left a very safe area at all. The US and Europe both have such places.

In the US it's limited mostly to small sections of major cities, same as Europe.
>>
File: banlieue-paris1.jpg (49 KB, 640x417) Image search: [Google]
banlieue-paris1.jpg
49 KB, 640x417
>>30001941
>there is just no "dangerous areas" or projects or whatever
something something banlieues
>>
>>30001941
>there is just no "dangerous areas" or projects or whatever

You're a sheltered delusional idiot.
>>
Visit London and walk around Hackney counting a wad of money and let us know how you get on.
>>
>>30001993
oh, cmon, you can walk there at night, if you mind your own business no one will touch you.
You can be any color, religion or whatever .
>>
>>30002024

Whatever you say, mohammed
>>
>>30001941
The problem with you Europeans is you watch too many American movies and actually use it as your frame of reference for the US. There are very small parts (literally like a dozen streets) in entire cities, all across a nation far bigger than any European nation. At the end of the day, these are just movies and this one was ridiculous and pretty shitty overall, though they did craft a very well done gritty world.

The average American, goes to work, comes home, spends time with their families and friends, and basically does all the same stuff you Europeans do. I find it pretty odd how Europeans become swayed into absolutists when thinking about the US. Georgia is not a 'semi-redneck country'.
>>
>>30002013
Hoxton maybe...
>>
File: 1459656519826.jpg (16 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1459656519826.jpg
16 KB, 450x600
>>30001941
>ITT
>/k/ has to convince a yurocuck that the United States isn't like the latest American crime flick he just saw
>>
>>30002059
this was the answer i was looking for.
thnx.
No one in EU thinks this way, people know, i just got curious(but I did knew, honestly, I was actually wonder did Cartels got enough power(courage) to pull shit as they did in Sinaloa, chopped heads and crap like that in broad daylight in USA) and end up stupid
>>
>>30001941

movies aren't real life. they would be too boring.

95% of people will do anything to avoid a confrontation, let alone a fight, let alone a murder.
>>
>>30001941
>does average US citizen feel safe?
Vast majority of the time I feel safe. Hell there's parts of Paris and Rome that did not feel safe when I visited.
>major problem with gangs
Mostly in inner cities in very distinct neighborhoods
>cartels leaving heads in the US
afaik that hasn't happened here yet, but if a certain someone in the Department of Justice didn't have the bright idea to run guns to the cartel maybe we wouldn't have that issue (Eric Holder should fucking hang)
>>
>>30001941
>Yfw that couple in the trunk of the car that had all their teeth pulled out was fucked by dogs

Pretty brutal for Russian Jew mobsters
>>
It was alright. Wasn't "stellar" or anything. Certain scenes really made the movie, like that police raid about halfway through was really well done. That tension is really the only reason I'd recommend it, as it's not really a new story by any means.

Maybe that's what they were going for, it's filled with clichés from different era's really, and while it's campy as Hell and not terribly creative, I think it was well shot and underrated. The biggest "real" complaint I've heard I agree with, the characters are not very fleshed out, the main character being a blank wall. This complaint was often used along side complaining about Norman Reedus and Aaron Paul having small rolls, which along with making fun of groups like Black Lives Matter, was the basis of most of the hate towards this movie.

B-

Watch it when you're bored and it's hot out. "I'd kill a cop just like that" Rodriguez guy was funny.
>>
>>30001941
>movie cuts to woman dancing on dumpster for no purpose
>"Putt-in" instead of "Putin."
That pretty much sums up this piece of shit movie. 0/10.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.