[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AR Pistols
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: JUhjVQF.jpg (688 KB, 2937x2203) Image search: [Google]
JUhjVQF.jpg
688 KB, 2937x2203
I live in the People's Republic of Chicago where there's this awesome AWB in effect. We basically can't own anything more than an SKS. However the state has pre-emption on everything pistol related, so of course that makes me want an AR MOTHERFUCKING PISTOL.

I have no idea about AR pistols, could you educate me? What makes them different from AR-15s, and what parts should I get? Will the ATF anally penetrate me if I shoulder the buffer tube at my local range?
>>
Do you have assault pistol restrictions? Because an AR pistol will be over 50oz.
>>
File: QC10_AR.jpg (2 MB, 1296x864) Image search: [Google]
QC10_AR.jpg
2 MB, 1296x864
>>28265106
>What makes them different from AR-15s
The lack of a stock, pic related.

>what parts should I get
Entirely up to you. That's the best part about building your own AR. You can build it how you want.

>Will the ATF anally penetrate me if I shoulder the buffer tube at my local range?
No. Just don't shoulder a brace like the SB-15 or the Shockwave 'cause that's totally illegal.

Also, are you 100% certain that AR pistols are allowed in Chicago?
>>
>>28265114
>>28265138

Technically Chicago does include AR pistols on their AWB list, yes, but the state has pre-emption which invalidates all local restrictions. There has been no trial in court testing it but if I were to be the one forcing a judicial decision with the aid of an NRA probono lawyer, so be it. The state pre-emption would clearly win.
>>
>>28265161
>The state pre-emption would clearly win.
>clearly win
Oh boy, you haven't been into firearms for very long, have you? Take all of your logic and sense and throw it out the window right now.
>>
>>28265180
Clearly you havent been to gun stores in the land of the stinking onion.

The ban is in effect.
They still stock these "banned" firearms

No charges filed.
>>
why the fuck would you start an AR pistol discussion without a picture of an AR pistol? Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>28265138
The thought of that in 7.62x25 with a helix mag makes my dick diamonds.
>>
File: 32ib6yx.png (708 KB, 644x472) Image search: [Google]
32ib6yx.png
708 KB, 644x472
>>28266372
>pic must be related
News to me.
>>
>>28265106
A 16" AR with a Shockwave brace is a pistol, but is a rifle when you shoulder it. If you shoulder it with a barrel under 16" it's an SBR.

Remember, pistols do not have any maximum OAL or BBL requirements. You can have a pistol with an overall length of 50" and a 36" barrel if you want to, but it has to be designed to be fired from one hand. No stock, no second grip.

build a 16" AR
put on pistol brace of choice
AR is rifle when shouldering it
AR is pistol when not

THE SECOND AMENDMENT FINDS A WAY
FUCK YOU DETROIT
>>
>>28266443
On a state level? Federal level anything >26" oal without a stock is classified as a firearm, not a pistol.
>>
>>28266372
Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>28266495
Wrong! Over 26" OAL without a stock *that is not a pistol* is a firearm/other. This is most commonly accomplished by adding a forward vertical grip - which the ATF (incorrectly, but for another day) excludes from pistols.
>>
File: image.gif (424 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
424 KB, 250x141
2D finds a way
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.