[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of getting babbies first semi auto rifle. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 54213.jpg (462 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
54213.jpg
462 KB, 1152x864
I'm thinking of getting babbies first semi auto rifle. I'm trying to decide between getting an a2 style ar and dropping $1,200 on an acog, or getting a ds arms fal with a stanag mount and a red dot.

Are acogs good? What brand of ar should I get that has a fixed carry handle and fixed stock? What is a good red dot that can fit on a fal's stanag mount? I hate rails and am trying to have as few as possible if any
>>
>>29996660
10mm Mosin Nagant with camo paint and an anime girl carrying case.
>>
>>29996716
Perfect.

Get a battle rifle. FAL, G3, M1A. Something like that.
>>
>>29996660
Rifle do whatever.

The scope tho.. if you have the Benjamin's for an acog go for it. (I was issued one back in the day but can't afford one currently).

You don't have much advantage over a typical deer hunter tho.
>>
What's the best magnification to get an acog in?
>>
>>29996660
Ar15 is a better choice for babby first.

Git gud with irons first or you gimp your shooting potential.
>>
>>29998377
This
To hell with dsa
>>
>>29998401
What's wrong with fals?
>>
Get a standard AR15 and some cheaper 1-4 optic instead.
>>
>>29998465
He's probably butthurt about the discount voyager cast-reciever FALs.

Get a proper forged DSA58 and have fun.
>>
>>29998733
What's the better combo though? Ar15a2 with acog or dsa58 with different optic
>>
>>29998733
Had a real fal poorfag, they group like shit. Have fun supporting chicago crooks

>>29999031
AR and acog all day erry day
>>
Well, for one, mounting scopes to the carry handle is retarded. Rip cheekweld.
Acogs are good but not perfect. You get that amazing fov, but the eye relief is criminally short. It's also expensive.

I'd say the ar15 over the fal because it will be a cheaper rifle thats cheaper to feed but still rock solid and adequate for fighting.

Buy an ar15, but not a2 style. Do a normal fucking AR with flattop and adjustable stock. I carried m16s and m4s and let me tell you, the change was good.
>>
>>29996660
>A2
>Carry Handle mounted ACog
>Not a Colt 4x20
smdh
>>
>>29999031
AR15 with acog. One day i will have a FAL also, but I would want to strictly use the iron sights on it
>>
File: image.jpg (498 KB, 4320x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
498 KB, 4320x1200
>>30000184
What's wrong with a2s? I'm thinking of getting a windham government rifle,
>>
File: image.jpg (573 KB, 2484x1269) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
573 KB, 2484x1269
>>30002190
Thats not an A2, its got a flat top.

Optics are vastly better than irons and mounting optics to the carry handle is awkward and inferior to mounting to a flattop receiver.

I just got my ACOG two days ago and mounting one any further than how it is right now is inconceivable due to the eye relief.

Excellent optic though.

You should get an AR15 because its going to be cheaper and of more consistent quality than the DSA.

You're also going to shoot it more because of ammo costs.
>>
>>30002295
I ment why ar15 carbine are more better then a full size ar15.
>>
File: SR25EMC.png (402 KB, 599x515) Image search: [Google]
SR25EMC.png
402 KB, 599x515
>>30000198
But anon an acog is a superior optic.
>This isn't raifu cosplay
>>
>>30002642
They really aren't and I think you'd be well served by a 20" AR

Just remember that building an AR is much better and cheaper than Buying a prebuilt AR.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.