[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
30 years of Hughes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 1200x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 1200x740
Happy birthday to the Hughes Amemndment!

Exactly 30 years of no new full auto guns as of today.
Now, if that confounded Hollis v Lynch case could hurry up......
>>
>>29996459
I hope that Jew from New Jersey dies of Ass Cancer
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 450x248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 450x248
Hopefully Hillary doesn't get elected, wants too bring back "Bill's" salt weapons ban
>>
Whats depressing is that realistically all of this waiting and hoping will yield little tangible results. Yet we all sit and wait and hope, knowing in the end what good it will do. Just can't bring myself not too dream
>>
I love my guns. And I'm all for having full spartan mode guns. Thing is, I can't see any use for them outside of recreational shooting and HD. And even then, for HD use, it's still kind of iffy. I don't see it ever being repealed by our current government. Or in the future either unless something drastic were to happen.

Honestly I would love to see it change, but I'd love to see it mandatory for people to undergo training on full auto firearms. Basically the same process for getting a CCW. Go through a sponsored class to teach you how to properly use and control it. A proficiency test. And then bam. A class 3 permit to own. You still pay your tax stamp, you still go through your extensive background check. But instead of submitting paperwork and waiting 6+ months, it'd be like purchasing a regular firearm with the addition of submitting your class 3 ID info. The store goes through the same routine and the FBI gives a yeah or nay for ownership. All other rules still apply, this just streamlines it and allows the ability to purchase new F/A guns. With a possibility to manufacture if you have your class 3 ID. For that, it'd be the same process you would go through when building your own SBR or Suppressor. But the time frame would still be a lot shorter as they just cross reference you C3ID to make sure everything is in good order.
>>
>>29997649
If you do not dream and take action, they win by default...
>>
>>29997766
Anon, it's not about useful in full auto, it's about being able to buy shit that's useful as fuck in semi auto but can't be bought because it's open bolt, or full auto in some way.
Honestly I care fuck all about wasting ammo in full auto, but being able to get a MAC-10 for $190? That I care about.
That and three round burst pistols like the Raffica and stuff.
>>
>>29997956
It's not about that either. It's about the slow dissolution of our rights.
>>
>>29997649
Only the enemy can decide when they've truly won.

Only you can decide when you've truly lost.
>>
>>29998091
A combination of those two things.
>>
>>29997766
>training to own firearms
Fuck off asshole.
>>
>>29996459
Watson Lawsuit failed.

Court says they didn't approve of the 'reading' to create the loophole.
>>
>>30000893
they argued it would allow a loophole that allows prohibited persons to circunvent the GCA of 1968 and NFA of 1934 because trusts can't own property and are not far removed from the persons who are members like a corporation is.
>>
>>30001043
Well Hollis is in the 5th Appeals Court..we might get lucky.
>>
>>29997766
>I'd love to see it mandatory for
anything past this that does not read "you to be alive" is reason for you to kill yourself.
>>
>>29998112
This.....So much win here.
>>
>>30000893
They are appealing.
>>
>>29997956
This guy gets it
>>
>>29996459
>You will never know true freedom because of an unconstitutional law passed fraudulently 30 years ago.

The sad part is there are so many illegal full autos out there but noone can talk about them because of the stigma.
I wish machineguns were like marijuana...
>>
File: 1245366363673.jpg (51 KB, 388x464) Image search: [Google]
1245366363673.jpg
51 KB, 388x464
>Hughes is still alive
>>
>>29996459
Yeah, hurry up, great idea when we don't have Scalia on the bench anymore. Really would love to see it hit SCOTUS and go against us, that would be SWELL.
>>
File: IMG_04671.jpg (309 KB, 1435x1076) Image search: [Google]
IMG_04671.jpg
309 KB, 1435x1076
>>30006274
>we need to change that
>>
>>30006274
Death comes for all and when he does I will take a massive, Artie Lange style creamy shit all over his grave.
>>
>>30007496
Yeah!
>>
>>>/pol/
gun control threads and politics dont belong here cant you read the fukcing sticky holy shit
>>
>>30009428
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>30003513
Yeah to the split Supreme Court.

Not a good sign, but I believe that you can 'pause' appeals.

Lets only go for it if there are more anti AWB lawsuits getting up the chain too like in Maryland's 4th Circuit for instance, since that adds more precedents and friendly readings for a hopefully trump appointed proguns supreme court justice.
>>
>>30009651
If it is split, we win. If we do nothing we lose by default.
>>
>>30009428
Eat a dick you sad cocksucker.
>>
Fun fact: The Hughes amendment did not actually pass a vote
>>
>>30010380

But was included in the final bill anyway.

Yup.

Being anti-constitutional just wasn't enough, I guess.
>>
>>29996459
I don't want the Hughes amend gone particularly bad.

But it would be nice if the government auctioned off the right to produce new machine guns for commercial sale.

Ie this quarter we have rights for 300 new recievers for sale. And let the market decide.

But still keep them out of the hands of poor fags and Dindus.
>>
>>30010879
>poor fags and Dindus
Are they not the same group?
>>
>>30011331
I've seen some young Dindus driving MUCH nicer cars than me
>>
>>29997766
its not really about owning full retard guns (it kinda is, but whatever)
it is about rights.
its the principle of the thing.
and no - training is retarded.
look, if you're stupid enough to blow your dick off by clearing a honey badger on your leg, you deserved it.
>>
>>29996459
But the NRA promised to challenge it in court.

Also, thank you Reagan for doing more to harm gun rights in this country than Obama.
>>
>>30011350
Yeah but they are mostly drug dealers and cars lose soooo much value soooo fast. So just remember you are still ahead and have a higher IQ which matter most.
>>
>>30011619
I still think he was losing it at that point..
>>
anyone know how difficult it would be to make a homemade full auto?
>>
>>30011619

The reason most Republicans in office have refused to challenge it is because The Great Reagan signed it. They worship him like a god and believe he could do no wrong.
>>
>>30012144

Sup ATF. Leave the dogs alone.
>>
>>30012144
The answer is a google search away
>>
>>30012726
nice try NSA
>>
There's a company in BC that sells an LPK with an auto sear and the proper hammer. Would you just need to drill out the third pin hole and install it and it'll work? Seems top easy to get a dull auto AR
>>
>>29997766
>but I'd love to see it mandatory for people to undergo training on full auto firearms.

No, this is asinine.
>>
The Hughes Amendment is the #1 thing I want gone.

Along with Suppressors being controlled by the ATF.
>>
>>29997766
>mandatory training
>tax stamp
>background check
wow that sounds a lot like infringement.
>>
>>30012820
>controlled suppressors
just make your own, damn
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.