[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
G3/ PTR Mag Sale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Got an email from CTD, have some cheap as fuck mags if you want em.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/mag-h-and-k-g3-762x51mm-aluminum-20-round-original-military-mag-304.do
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 848x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 848x456
>>29996075
Reminder, never do business with CTD.
>>
>>29996095
Aside from that being an obviously bad deal, what is wrong with CTD? I've always seen posts like this but never heard the backstory.

Never shopped with them (or even been on their site now that I think about it) but what's wrong with them exactly?
>>
>>29996102
They priced gouged like a motherfucker after sandy hook.
>>
>>29996102
https://imgur.com/a/Kaz71

That being said if they are the only place with something I want in stock I'll order from them, albeit reluctantly.
>>
>>29996102
They're proce gouging assholes, as you can see by the picture.

The minute there's a scare on something becoming rare it goes up in price 500%.
>>
>>29996075
Why the fuck are G3 Mags so cheap? The FAL was used by 90 fucking countries and the mags are like 20 god damn dollars
>>
>>29996095
>not joining the army and stealing 20 brand new ones when they replace the old ones (which you have 20 of pre-stolen for this occaision)

so worth the 3.5 years of soul raping depression
>>
>>29996102
Part of it is after Sandy Hook happened and it became clear that people were willing to spend mucho dineros they cancelled a bunch of orders and told people to re-order at 200%+ markup.
>>
>>29996114
>>29996116
>>29996118
So it's exclusively because they price gouged on stuff after the scares and all that? But if they have a good deal on something you still shouldn't do business with them?

I'm confused. Is the hate just from jew business tactics or is there something more substantial (like the Troy hate from Ruby Ridge)?
>>
File: image.png (99 KB, 445x541) Image search: [Google]
image.png
99 KB, 445x541
>>29996102
To expand on what >>29996114 said, they also suspended online firearms sales following sandy hook so they could gouge customers even more once panic buying was in full swing. This was in addition to magazine price gouging, something no other major online retailer did.
>>
>>29996148
>>29996131
Ahh, got it. The cancelling orders to force gouged reorders seems like legitimate reason to hate them. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>29996075
That's normal mag price everywhere else
>>
>>29996164
Ah, hadn't looked desu. I don't own a PTR or G3, sadly. Just figured I'd try to help out. Disregard.
>>
>>29996142
You should never do business with them even if the deal is good. They WILL fuck you over with their shipping prices (especially on ammo). You'll end up spending more on their "good deal" than you would if you had ordered from midway or brownells.
>>
File: PoppinAWoody.jpg (792 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
PoppinAWoody.jpg
792 KB, 1632x1224
>>29996120

Most of the FAL surplus has been sold and has dried up.

As for G3 mags, I recently ordered a shit ton from ClearviewInvestments for $1.99 each, I need a few more to make an even 100.
>>
>$2.97 mags
>$60 shipping each
That's generally my experience with CTD
>>
Local hardware store that does ffls has boxes of these 4 mags with the pouch for $7
>>
>>29996193
yeah it was $7 shipping fuck that
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.