[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm about to buy my first firearm, would the Mosin Nagant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160518_230855.jpg (59 KB, 960x347) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160518_230855.jpg
59 KB, 960x347
So I'm about to buy my first firearm, would the Mosin Nagant be the best option?
>Dirt cheap
>Cheap 7.62x54r ammunition
>Can hit a target the size of my hand from 125 yards away with no scope
>Reliable and sturdy
>Easy to fix jams
>Fucking sexy
What downside (if any) is there to buying a Mosin Nagant as my first firearm?
>>
>>29995186

>7.62x54r

>cheap

lol
>>
>>29995186
>>Dirt cheap
>>Cheap 7.62x54r ammunition
hope youve got a time machine

its still cheapish but not really
buy it cause you like the gun design not based on price
>>
>>29995186
Not really cheap anymore for what you get. It's a $200 rifle that you'll be hard pressed to find for less than $250. You'd be better off saving for one of the better WWII bolts.
>>
>>29995205
I fucking love the gun, but it being as cheap as it is just totally blows it's competition out of the water in my opinion.
>>
>>29995217
not really for 300 you could get a savage axis in 308
at this point 308 and new 762x54r are roughly the same and the axis would be unfucked and optics ready if adding a scope was your priority
>>
>>29995186
>Can hit a target the size of my hand from 125 yards away with no scope
I didn't realize Mosins also came with the marksman perk.
>>
File: gardevoir.gif (2 MB, 540x230) Image search: [Google]
gardevoir.gif
2 MB, 540x230
>>29995199

I remember buying 880 round cases for $120. If I only knew I would have dropped a couple grand.
>>
>>29995258
>savage axis

That gun has no soul.
>>
>>29995186
>>Can hit a target the size of my hand from 125 yards away with no scope

good luck finding one that can do that
>>
>>29995319
you want a souless machine that works all the time everytime instead of a fucked up pos with a "soul" that expresses itself in numerous flaws

if you want a mosin get a mosin but dont buy it cause you think its "cheap"

the new "cheap" poorfag gun is the mixmaster ar 15
anything surplus or imported ceased being cheap years ago
>>
>>29995186
No.

They're no longer cheap, a Savage Axis now costs less.

x54r now costs more than new production x51 m80 at over 60c per.
>>
>>29995334
Is inspecting the bore to make sure it's not a ravaged counterbored sewer pipe an arcane art to some people or are people like these all neckbeards who order everything from the internet thus making pre-purchase inspection an unfathomable concept?
>>
>>29995261
I attempted to order an assload from century just before the prices sky rocketed (was at 80 a can, which was pretty fucking expensive at that point).

centuries were assholes and I could never establish a dealer account after countless emails. Never got through them via phone either, as I would always be put on hold. I usually give up after an hour.

It was during the height of the scare, so they were probably swapped with orders from actual dealer and didn't want to deal with a c&r holder. Nugget food prices didn't sky rocket to retarded prices until like late 2014. (I was able to find 70 dollar spam cans late 2013 still)
>>
>>29995413
if you want cheap moisn you have to order off the internet. the one you can examine in a store costs 20 bucks more and people buying based on price are retarded
>>
>>29995186
>easy to fix jams
kinda

rimlock is a cunt (I've loaded stripper clips backwards into muh riafu) and my m44 keeps fucking up with angling the top round below the feed lip
>>
>>29995319
Neither do Glocks. But they perform their function.
>>
>>29995186

Would recommend a .22 lr for your first rifle. A Marlin Model 60 is an inexpensive, accurate, and reliable .22 firearm. You also can't go wrong with a Ruger 10/22. Ammo can be hard to find in places, but if you look around you can still get it for 10 cents a round or less.
>>
>>29995441
>mosins cost 20 bucks more in stores
After transfer fees and shipping, it probably costs the same to buy one online. Plus, I consider $20 a reasonable premium to pay for being able to pick the gun out yourself imo
>>
>>29995445
rimlock isnt a thing on a perfectly functional mosin
however most of em arent perfectly functional
there just not blow up in your face tier

your interrupter is fucked
>>
>>29995445

Rim lock doesnt happen on a properly functioning rifle, the interrupter holds the rounds low enough for the other rims to pass over it, Yours is worn out.

If you don't want to buy a new one,take yours out and bend it inward, will most likely fix it.
>>
>>29995186
Do yourself a favor and get a Mauser. Mauser actions are superior to Mosins, and Yugos can be had for around 220-250.
>>
>>29995186
Mosin is a shit gun. I've had 4, the only one remotely not shitty was a 1928 hex with a clean bore. Got it for $99. Good luck finding a hex under $350.

They all were plagued by loose handguards, have gotten rimloxk twice and a fucking double feed once, not sure how, iron sights are meh. If you get one with a good bore it will be accurate but IMO dealing with all the other problems is why my mosins haven't been shot in a long, long time
>>
>>29995186
I have six Mosins, and only two are worth a shit. Of the remaining four, two shoot dinner plate groups at 100yds due to wartime quality and slightly crooked chambers. The other two are okay, with 4" groups at 100yds.

I imagine you are trolling or are here to have your opinion validated by Internet strangers, but consider something else if you are sincere. Any modern budget rifle is a better choice, except for maybe Remington.
>>
Buy a .22 or something

Take it from me, don't waste money on a mosin. It used to be worth it but now it's not.
>>
>>29995702
I would sell one of my ex dragoons for 250. Only retail shops are asking that muxh, the secondary market is still reasonable.
>>
>>29995186
you have a serious misconception of the mosin nagant on all levels
>>
>>29995186
Your first firearm should always be a quality .22 bolt action rifle, learn to shoot cheaply on that. i recommend a CZ

I hope you understand that nuggets are actually pretty shitty guns, they used to be so cheap that you could buy a decent one with pocket change. This led to literally everyone owning one as a fun fuck around bang stick. They are like a cheap ass shitty manual car, great fun to fuck around with but still peices of shit. You should only buy one if you actually specifically want a nugget for your milsurp collection as pretty much every other milsurp rifle is much better. And if its something to actually hunt with then new entry level rifles like savage axis, ruger american etc will be much better to use
>>
>>29995258
Have you seen a 7.62x54r before lad. Does it look like a .308 to you?
>>
>>29995451
A glock is a 2 x 4 nailed to a piece of railroad track that will fire covered in marshmallow peeps.
>>
>>29995186
5-10 years ago it would have been a good choice, not now. They have risen too much in price, same for the ammo.

Now you'd be better off to buy a cheap savage bolt action in .308. You'd get a gun better in every way, and it wouldn't be much more.
>>
>>29996889
Quite, actually.
>>
If youve never shot before don't do it op. You will develop a bad flinch because it has a shitton of recoil.
>>
I bought a nugget for $185 or so like 4 months ago and don't even really like it anymore. Apparently they cost $300+ now? Worth to resell it to make a quick buck?
>>
>>29995186
>mosin
>has had the worst jams and malfuncions of any gun ive ever owned
> dont buy
>>
>>29997013
A bolt action jamming. I've never experienced this in my entire life. Sounds like yours is just a lemon
>>
>>29997152
Just because you haven't experienced a jam in a bolt action doesn't mean it never happens. Its quite common on cheap, poor quality, or malfunctioning bolt rifles
>>
>>29995261
>A case for $120
I paid $50 a case for most of mine. But this was back in 2006.
>>
Just got my gun license, want a bolt action that reminds me of history.

Best WWII rifle to buy? Cheapest (ammo and gun)?
>>
>>29998734
What country are you in?
>>
>>29998814

Ontario, Canada. Sorry for not including that detail.

I understand that buying a .22 is the smart decision but I REALLY want a rifle from the Second World War; pictures of my grandfather with his Lee-Enfield get me all sentimental.
>>
>>29995186
>first firearm
>would the Mosin Nagant be the best option?

lmao who thinks this dumb shit
>>
>>29998886
Lmao rofl ikr
Xd
>>
>>29995334
Umm my Mosin does just about this at 100 yards
>>
>>29995398
I'm still only paying .27cpr.
>>
>>29998839
Then a Lee Enfield would probably be your best bet.

Honestly all these discussions about the 'best' WW2 bolt gun are mostly about preferences. The differences between any of the rifles isn't great enough to make a big impact, so find one that interests you the most and research it, then find a good example and buy it.
>>
>>29995186
Its fantastic in the >$150 range. Times have changed unfortunately. At least the easiest ammo to find now is non corrosive stuff but eh
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.