[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best beginner AR-15? Under 7 or 800, if possible. And should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: CE1000_700w.png (91 KB, 700x233) Image search: [Google]
CE1000_700w.png
91 KB, 700x233
Best beginner AR-15? Under 7 or 800, if possible. And should I build or buy? Pic related, Colt Expanse M4, MSRP $699 and my top choice so far
>>
>>29991743
Looking at buying a Bushmaster w/ my bar mitzvah money (end of this month).
>>
You can build one for under $600 easily using PSA parts.

>also mozzles you jew fuck
>>
>>29991743
OP, are you looking for something right out of the box or are you desperate for something right now?
>>
>>29991743
S&W Sport 2
>>
>>29991791
Excuse my ignorance, what are PSA parts and do I just get them from anywhere?
>>
I just got the new ruger AR. It's dope. Was $650 in my local funshop. Already put a few hundred rounds though it with zero hiccups.
>>
>>29991809
PSA stands for Palmetto State Armory, and you can get their parts kits off of their website.
>>
>>29991809
https://www.palmettostatearmory.com/
>>
>>29991796
I'm waiting to purchase one until I have a comfortable amount of cash saved. It'll be this summer for sure that I get one. If I get a stock one I will probably buy parts and mods for it at some point
>>
>>29991816
Also along with >>29991822 the Ruger AR556 like the anon above suggested is reported to be a pretty good intro AR.
>>
>>29991823
I'll check it out in a bit. Thanks
>>
>>29991809
Not the guy you are replying to but you order the stripped lower, parts kit, and put it together yourself.

However if you are lacking in the skills and tools to do the job right you can buy the complete lower, it will be sent to an FFL, you wait a day or two then order the upper and the upper can be shipped to your door.
>>
>>29991816
Ruger AR 5.56 is also a bretty good out the box budget AR.
>>
>>29991830
Well, if you got your heart set on a Colt, they do sell OEM models, meaning you will have to clap on your own buttstock, fore grip, trigger guard, and rear sight. You can find one for less then 750 if you shop around.

Otherwise go with an M&P Sport II (that one has the dust cover), Ruger makes some ok, AR's.

If this is your first AR, then I suggest go with a Palmetto State one, get an upper that is CHF made by FN, those are nice barrels.
>>
>>29991929
>>>29991830
>Well, if you got your heart set on a Colt, they do sell OEM models, meaning you will have to clap on your own buttstock, fore grip, trigger guard, and rear sight. You can find one for less then 750 if you shop around.
>Otherwise go with an M&P Sport II (that one has the dust cover), Ruger makes some ok, AR's.
>If this is your first AR, then I suggest go with a Palmetto State one, get an upper that is CHF made by FN, those are nice barrels.

Fuck me running sideways, i literally clicked on this thread to post exactly this. My buddy got a ruger ar556 and loves it for plinking and shooting critters on his land and he snagged it for like 500. Has some good features on it and comes good to go out of the box.

Best thing to do though is get a colt 6920 oem and put your own furniture on it. Slickguns.com shows some sales for em occasionally in the 700 to 800 buck range
>>
>>29991743
If you're going to buy Colt, buy a real Colt LE6920 and not that abomination.
>>
Honestly, this.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/ar15bearcreekarsenalm4a3carryhandlew-magandcase
>>
>>29995119
I dig the fuck out of the OG triple OG retro look this bitch has. Plus it's chambered for 223 Wylde.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.