[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Open Carry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 640x640
Does anyone here actually open carry around town? I get doing it while you're backpacking/hiking/camping but does anyone do it while in a densely populated area? If so what kind of reactions do you get? Just curious.
>>
>>29991384
it can only advance the cause of gun rights, it worked for gays.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 534x712
no
>>
>>29991581
Is that Bob Chipmen?
>>
>>29991384
I used to open carry when I worked the late shift at my old job. I was always too tired to change clothes so I just threw on a holster when I went to get groceries. For 2 years the cashiers thought I was some kind of cop. Always got a few stares but no problems. Not sure if it counts for your scenario since I wouldn't call a grocery store at 9pm densely populated.
>>
>>29991384
I do, mostly to advance gun rights, most people say thanks or ask about how they can get a carry license, I live in a shit state. Oddly I get asked for directions more when I OC. Only had a handful of people make passive aggressive comments.
>>
>>29992260
What state if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>29993178
Texas.
>>
>>29993229
Really?? I thought that open carry of handguns was your salvation. Other than that you always had some pretty decent laws. Are there some shitty limitations or something?
>>
>>29993283
We should be a constitutional carry state, our license fees are pretty high, and our knife laws are utter garbage. Other than that, it is a pretty great place, just not the /k/ state the fudds here like to jerk it to.
>>
File: 13245367343885.jpg (76 KB, 877x635) Image search: [Google]
13245367343885.jpg
76 KB, 877x635
Nope, not gonna even consider open carrying until I lose some more weight. I'd rather not contribute to the hordes of people giving gun owners a bad image.
>>
>>29993283
Texas isn't as gun-crazy as everyone thinks it is.

Austin is very liberal and having a gun there means you'll have soccer moms screeching at you.

The rest of it, it's mostly ambivalent when it comes to open carry. They don't really see a need to open carry when you can conceal it and be even more effective of a carrier.
>>
>>29992260
>Oddly I get asked for directions more when I OC

Holy shit, this. Maybe it's because I live in a hunting town in a shitty part of freezing cold Wisconsin, but I feel like people that don't know me already (small town) treat me with more respect. When I don't carry sometimes people are dicks, but when I OC, it's like Moses splitting the fucking Red Sea. People are just so much nicer, easier to deal with in customer service at wal-mart, no one cuts in front of you in line at the RedBox, I mean, it's great. I could go on and on, and I haven't even started about all the sexual things you can do with a barrel that you carry anywhere.
>>
>>29991384
I see more women OCing than men.
>>
>>29993330
Funny, that's one of the reasons I dropped 125 pounds this past year.
>>
>>29993365
They have a hard time concealing, if they aren't fat as fuck, and the deterrent can work better for them.
>>
>>29993330
One of the most reasonable things I've ever seen on /k/
>>
>>29991384
>vz58 and an AKM
>pride
Can't say I'm surprised.

Not frequently outside a few specific contexts myself.
>onnaway to innawoods or the range
>the occasional late night food or grocery store run when i cant be arsed to do anything more than slap my easiest holster on
>a couple legislative protests where it was relevant
>camping, though it's honestly more comfortable to use something like an A2MP and conceal until i arrive at my site, holsters suck under hip belts. it's simply more convenient and comfortable to stick pistol and holster in the pouch for the hike

It's pretty rare to see anyone open carrying anything other than a knife here.

>>29993360
>Austin
hipster/numale/liberal central
>>
>>29993364
I'm laughing, I shouldn't be.
>>
File: 2016-05-18 22.22.48.jpg (524 KB, 1219x2178) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-18 22.22.48.jpg
524 KB, 1219x2178
Oc everyday, but its pretty normal in Phoenix. Always get compliments on my gun as well. Females love shiny things.
>>
>>29994768
Ever worry that someone will rob you for your gun? Phoenix is a pretty methy area. Or are you in a more rural part?
>>
>>29994806
Not ruger guy but does that actually happen with any sort of frequency?
I know there's some greentext horror stories on here and honestly in line with them the only times I've ever really been concerned for my weapon was when someone was mean mugging me from behind in line somewhere.
Thinking about picking up an AIWB or higher level retention holster because of that actually.
>>
>>29994876
I've read two news stories about it in as many years. I don't know that it happens very often but I can say with some certainty that it can make you a target. I have two retention holsters for open carry and honestly I can't believe that anyone would use anything else. Some nig nog isn't going to know how to release your pistol if he tries to snatch it.
>>
>>29994806

My commute is rural into downtownish methed out industrial phoenix.

That holster has a leather loop around the hammer thats a pain to get off with out wearing it, ive only had one person ever go to grab a gun I was wearing and they were met with an elbow to the throat. It was a teenager that was drunk as fuck and probably not 14 yet. Sad.
>>
>>29994372
>akm
Most definitely a ak74 variant
>>
>>29994980
Eh you probably taught him a valuable lesson. Bet that little faggot doesn't try it again.
>>
File: catgirl-love.png (426 KB, 552x800) Image search: [Google]
catgirl-love.png
426 KB, 552x800
I live in Madison WI. Considering open carry once I lose weight and make some mad gainz.
>>
>>29991581
This is going to sound stupid but I love that guys hat. Does anybody know what it is or where they can be obtained ?
>>
>>29995163

Hopefully, the fucked part about it was it was at a gas station thats in a very affluent part of town by a white kid that looked the "lawyers son" part. It was an eye opener for sure.
>>
>>29995309
Some variation of slouch hat maybe?
>>
>>29993330
ty anon.
As someone with shitty self control and problems due to it I wish you success and all the best.
>>
>>29995419
Oh , do you know where I can get one ?
>>
>Gays use liberals to get what they want and then take up gun rights advocacy after
This is okay with me.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.