[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>join the marines at 18 >medically discharged after being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: rleeermey.jpg (177 KB, 1600x1599) Image search: [Google]
rleeermey.jpg
177 KB, 1600x1599
>join the marines at 18
>medically discharged after being stationed in 'nam
>get into acting, being typecast as hardass authority figures in several well known and acclaimed movies
>after that get your own cozy little shows n the history channel about guns and military history
>do so damn well you get a promotion in the marines after you've already retired
>also a spokesperson for glock

I want to be like him /k/, how do I do it? Is it even possible with all the PC soccer mom liberalism choking everything?
>>
You get very lucky. Now go do some charitable acts to raise your karma score high enough.
>>
>>29988735

Enlisted in 1961 when 17
Was a winger until 65
DI from 65 to 67
'nam in '68 for 14 months as a winger
Medically dischared as an E6 in '72

I could have just been reading it wrong, but your version made it look like he was a short timer in the Marines.
>>
>>29988735
he was actually a Drill Instructor. The guy basically showed just a small taste of what a Senior Drill Instructor does. And everyone knows the Senior is the nicest
>>
>>29988955
wow forgot the point of my post. lol he was cast in those roles because of that background
>>
>>29988926
11 years isn't terrible.
>>
>>29988926
Thanks for clarifying because OP's post gave me that impression as well
>>
>>29988955
He wasn't a Senior Drill Instructor though, was he?

He was discharged an SSG, and seniors are normally Gunnys aren't they?
>>
>>29988978
He also has a fine arts degree in acting. So that helped too. And the fact that he is a great actor (for the roles he plays).
>>
>>29989026
No. They can be, but there isn't a set rank to be a SDI. You can fill it as a Sgt. My SDI was a Ssgt and my 'drill' hat was a gunny.
>>
>>29988735
getting your own tv show about guns and military history, no. Sadly there are no good places for that anymore now that the history channel shit the bed, and SJWS would ouhs out anything of the sort now

You could probably be an actor, theres got to be roles for "military type number 4", just don't expect to get much variety
>>
>>29989026

When I went through, all SDIs in the Series were Staffs.

Our Series DI was a gunny, although I think I saw him once or maybe twice, final inspection and some health and welfare inspection with the Series CO.
>>
>>29988735

fun fact - the actor that was originally cast as as Hartman was moved to Helicopter Door Gunner #1 after Ermey, who was supposed to be a consultant, didn't feel like he (the other actor) wasn't doing a good enough job, so he rounded up a bunch of extras and taped himself yelling at them for 15 minutes straight without skipping a bit. The director liked it, so the role went to gunny.
>>
>>29989346
>Helicopter Door Gunner #1
the get some dude?
I couldn't imagine that fucker as hartman.
>>
>>29989331

Thinking of bootcamp reminded me of a funny story.

>Was final inspection before graduation
>So motivated to get the fuck out of there
>Was a squad leader and a bit of a smart ass
>Spent most of my free time in the class room making sweat or in the pit making sweat
>Standing tall for inspection
>All of my Alphas wired tight
>I was in second squad
>Our DI on duty was first, staring into space as he bored holes into my head
>SgtMjr of MCRD was next, asked me my name, I told him
>Asked me where I was from, I told him
>He unbuttons my Alpha coat and untucks my shirt
>He throws my piss cutter on the deck
>Tosses my tie over my shoulder
>I never blinked
>He asked me my MOS, told him
>He moves on to the next in line leaving me completely a mess
>COIC MCRD squares up in front of me with a sly smile on his face
>What happened to you Recruit?
>Sir the Sergeant Major fucked me up sir
>That doesn't sound like something the Sergeant Major would do Recruit
>Sir no one was as surprised as this recruit sir
>Here Sergeant Major laughing
>Carry on recruit
>Aye Aye Sir
>Senior DI is totally oblivious as he is still at the last man in the first Squad
>See him coming
>Squares up on me
>Literally thought he was going to explode
>Jaw trembling
>Eyes watering
>Veins pulsing

Once they got a couple of recruits down, retucked in my shirt and got squared away with everything by my piss cutter. Picked it up when they were moving to the front of the formation.

Never heard anything about it. I was sure I was going to be spending the night in the thrash pit getting strong, but nothing.

Maybe it's some tradition, who freakin knows but was some wild shit.
>>
>>29989361

that's the one.
>>
>>29989651
That was actually pretty funny decision senpai
>>
File: 1434830981567.jpg (8 KB, 206x210) Image search: [Google]
1434830981567.jpg
8 KB, 206x210
>>29988735
>the military channel is now the American history channel
>theyre starting to make shows on secret societies, government secrets, and some alien cover ups
>this is how the history channel began its downfall
>>
>>29989651
That's pretty funny. My rack mate hit the company commander with his rifle. Went to do inspection arms, and it just flew out of his hand.
>>
>>29989843
oh god
story is needed
>>
>>29988926
No way.
I mean it's cool if true but that is far fetched. I EAS'd in 2011 and started 4chan in 2005 as a /b/tard.

Tell me a juicy Vietnam story and I'll give you a 2000's Afghanistan equivalent. In my 5 years on /k/ the only legit Vietnam vet I met was a UK bastard.
>>
>>29989908
Sorry gonna kill self.

I now realize he was talking about R. Lee.

I met him IRL at a toys for tots charity once. And I got a boner because I have talked to Nam vets here and as a OIF/OEF faggot they are fun.
>>
>>29989767
God, I am still pissed off about that. They replaced my most favorite channel with this bullshit. I used to watch the military channel with my dad all the time. I am also angry that they replaced H2 and gave VICE it's own channel. It is nothing but "fug cabitalisum! :DDD" and SJW bullshit.
>>
>>29989964

This, VICE is just bad. I could handle some liberal BS if it was funny or informational but VICE is just people acting like they are smart while making really bad content.
>>
File: fhd001SSM_R__Lee_Ermey_012.jpg (219 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fhd001SSM_R__Lee_Ermey_012.jpg
219 KB, 1280x720
>>29988735
Yfw you remember R. Lee Ermey played the role of a gay coach in Saving Silverman.
>>
>>29990294

That sweet TD.
>>
>>29989651
>your job will never be to fuck with people
>>
File: 1454353788538.jpg (351 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1454353788538.jpg
351 KB, 1200x900
>>29988735
>>29989651

this is unrelated but my friend became squad leader in marine boot camp cause he was the only one who got excited when the DI said they were going to war with north korea lmao

>>29990032

"VICE is fox news for hipsters" -some guy
>>
>>29991318

I got the squad leader job because:

>Laundry day
>Was Linen Private
>Everyone folds their dirty linens (sheets, pillow cases, and fart sack) and turns them in for clean ones
>Everything going well
>Douchebag named Milani who liked to act like he was connected to the mob comes up
>Has all of his linens in a big wad
>Throws them at me and says "You fuckin fold em" (insert stereotypical NY accent)
>I commenced to beating the shit out of him, I didn't really mean to, I just snapped and went postal
>My Drill instructor thought it was hilarious because the next day was picture day and Milani looked like he had been run over by a truck
>Milani was the squad leader, he got fired and I got the job
>I still had to pay in the thrash pit, but it was worth every minute of it

I did so many bends and thrusts in bootcamp that my to toenails were driven up into my toes and cutoff the blood flow and my toes started rotting. Had to go to sick bay and they pulled off my big toes with a pair of pliers. Not a fun experience.

I would drink two canteens before going to be so I would wake up to piss before reveille so I could doctor my toes up so I wouldn't be dropped.
>>
>>29991489
>pulled of my toes
>>
>>29991489
>they pulled off my big toes with a pair of pliers.

so how do you walk now?
>>
>>29988735
He's also the spokesperson for Ka-Bar and was formerly a spokesperson for SOG.
>>
>>29988735

Well Stanley Kubrick is dead, so you aren't doing it the way he did.

He was an advisor (not an actor) on the set of Full Metal Jacket. Kubrick saw him giving advice to the actor hired to play the drill instructor and said, shit why don't we just have him do it and he proceeded to improv this epic fucking scene.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Lft6EQh-Y
>>
>>29991962

Oops, meant big toe toenails. Pretty big omission on my part.
>>
>>29990294
Still the manliest motherfucker in the movie.

"YOU BOYS ARE NUTLESS!"
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.