[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amsterdam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2000
In September I'll have a 25 hour layover in Amsterdam.

Honestly, I don't give a fuck about smoking weed, buying a whore, or visiting the house of jew. I just want to go explore some WW2 sites, bunkers and shit.

Where do I go? There has to be things like this not far from the city right? Anyone?
>>
>>29986747
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=fun+stuff+in+amsterdam
>>
>>29986755

I've already done that. 99% of the shit listed is stuff I don't care about.

I want to go see /k/ stuff.
>>
>>29986747
/k/ stuff isn't going te happen in amsterdam, they got 1 base in the city but it isn't really an operational base.
>>
>>29986921

What about the surrounding cities?
>>
>>29986747
https://www.nmm.nl/mobile/

I don't know if there is alot of /k stuff in nl though. Most people faint if you pull out a victorinox. Ugh.
>>
File: image.jpg (677 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
677 KB, 3264x2448
>>29987380

Thanks for the link!

shouldn't there still be old ww2 pillboxes that are still standing? when I went to Sicily there was Italian pillboxes scattered all over the countryside
>>
You can visit the anne frank house, but that's probably not what you're looking for.
We do have a new military museum which opened last year, and I think there's probably some market garden related stuff if you visit the cities involved.
>>
>>29987437
There are, alot, just not around Amsterdam. I also wouldnt advise you to travel to them, because there's really not much to see. Zeeland and North-Brabant have a shitload of them.
>>
Zeeland would be your best option
>>
>>29987480
>>29987494

Thanks!

I think old relics like that are really cool. are they fenced in or can people just freely walk up to them? In Sicily I couldn't get close because most of them were on private farmland
>>
When I had a layover in Amsterdam a couple of years ago, I got to see their police in semi-tac gear walking around with full sized mp5s which was cool.
>>
>>29987525
Most around here you can walk upto/into. I wouldnt worry about private lands. Most farmers around here don't mind it, as long as you don't go around messing up their crops etc.
>>
>>29987545
Schiphol airport is a good place to watch MP5's in the wild
>>
Get a train to Arnhem.
>>
>>29988489

I want to
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.