[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Russian Airborne will be testing the Typhoon at the end
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
>Russian Airborne will be testing the Typhoon at the end of 2016

https://defence.ru/article/10736/

Probably as option if Bumerang ends up as shit.

when were you when MRAP flies?
>>
>>29985134
The two serve different roles and were developed together, not as a replacement.

Also good luck slinging a Bumerang out of an 76. That's what the BMDs are for.
>>
File: 2726163.jpg (90 KB, 700x475) Image search: [Google]
2726163.jpg
90 KB, 700x475
>>29985134
Your pic is wrong, m8.

The VDV testing 'mini-typhoon'.

picrelated.
>>
File: OAnn3e3nH7k.jpg (227 KB, 1300x938) Image search: [Google]
OAnn3e3nH7k.jpg
227 KB, 1300x938
>>29985152
>>
File: EKxRd1faxpk.jpg (139 KB, 1500x409) Image search: [Google]
EKxRd1faxpk.jpg
139 KB, 1500x409
>>29985155
>>
It's interesting how Russia can develop technology on par with the west all by itself. With China, they just steal everything, but Russia actually develops its own shit.
>>
>>29985167
Russian stuff is nowhere near on par with the west.
And they were stealing stuff like crazy too, the west was filled with commies & jews feeding them info.
>>
>>29985134
>Russia buys Eurofighter

good
>>
>>29985134
Typhoon is a MRAP
Bumerang is IFV/APC
they are not serving the same purpose
>>
>>29985172
Security and identification procedures are more advanced than they used to be. I highly doubt that Russia has any spies inside the western military industrial complex these days.
>>
>>29985172
>He who screams vatnik

>>29985134
I don't think you understand how that works, typhoons would more then likely be for russia's logistical or artillery forces, BMD still exists and doesn't look like it is on it's way out, has always been the go to airdrop shit.

The armata group is more then likely limited to ground forces.

>>29985155
>>29985158
Swear I saw one in crimea, there was also a tigr.
>>
>>29985152
>>29985155
This is good and all but they should just let MRAPs fly.

>Be VDV
>Inna Typhoon
>Somewhere in Syria
>Suddenly airdropped
>>
>>29985167
I'm not sure what are you reffering to as 'on par'. Russia has a separate branch for airborne troops, fully mechanized with specially designed air-droppable armored vehicles and self-propelled artillery. Americans can't airdrop even a fucking Humvee.
>>
>>29985158
17" ground clearance. Not bad!
>>
>>29985167
It's not because the equipment is competitive that it's actually as technologically advanced.

>>29985522
That's not technology, it's just engineering which depends on funding. You don't need new technology to achieve 'air-droppable' armored vehicles. You're just working with existing technology to produce something new. If the US don't put the effort into funding something specific, that doesn't mean they don't have more technology or that they aren't capable of doing it properly either. It just means that it's a field that Russia prioritized while the US didn't.
>>
Sweet! I was worried I wouldn't get my daily /k/ration of russian propaganda !
>>
>>29985575
>any news about the Russian military are propaganda
It's a thread about them testing an MRAP, holy shit you asshurt faggot.
>>
>>29985575
b8
don't reply to that post
>>
>>29985167
Not really on par with the west, because they dont dump the same amount of money in it, but nobody can deny they make some nice technology and weapons.
They mostly make it to sell later, US military stuff is expensive, better/the best, but expensive. Many countries would rather pay cheap slavshit that is reliable, tested and easy to use, save some money and get some US gear too, or euro gear to upgrade everything.
Its mostly to satisfy the market.
Just watch the russian military export after Syria, and after they build the Patriot park.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.