[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Americunt joining foreign military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4
File: Blackhawk.jpg (519 KB, 2070x1139) Image search: [Google]
Blackhawk.jpg
519 KB, 2070x1139
Anyone here ever done it? Which country, how was it?

Formerly US Army Aviation 15T
>>
Applied for the Aussie AF after getting out of the USAF but wasnt accepted.
>>
>>29981545
PMC
>>
A few of my friends joined the IDF. They enjoyed it.
>>
>>29981610

As a crew chief?
>>
>>29981715

I checked out their website, but no one in my family is Jewish and the language barrier makes me nervous. Hebrew is a tough language.
>>
File: ORION1.jpg (293 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
ORION1.jpg
293 KB, 1280x722
>>29981715
Oh Vey! Good Joys!
>>
unless you are a operator forget about it
>>
>>29981545

why join a diff military, just re-up
>>
>>29981545

Not many armies hire foreigners.

Have you tried the private sector? Look also into tech corps and the likes.
>>
>>29981545
britbongs might take you.
>>
>>29982151

I'm looking joining again for the same reason I joined in the first place, the real world is fucking boring.

The only private sector jobs I qualify for are monotonous military contractor aircraft maintainer positions turning wrenches all day and I don't care how much they pay that shit is soul crushing.
>>
>>29982411

looking at*
>>
>>29982411
Foreign legion or a PMC group, 2 options for you.
>>
>>29981545
I joined the FFL and deserted after a year following a stint in the U.S. Army. You won't find what you're looking for so don't bother. Honestly, the only difference was the language barrier and slightly gayer uniforms. The treatment was a bit rougher but it's really the same shit: cleaning and fucking waiting around.

Deserting was pretty easy. My brother lived in Grenoble at the time, so I just went to his place while on a weekend pass, and he drove me into Germany. I went to the consulate in Frankfurt and American Citizen Services gave me a new passport after I told them mine was stolen. I can probably never return to France but since it's about a generation away from being an Islamic republic, I really don't care.
>>
>>29981545
Join the Shitposter Defence Force; one of, if not the best paying military
>>
>>29982511
Dude Wat. Seems like there's gotta be a million better ways to get out of the legion
>>
>>29982511
What is the name of the beret at Castelnaudar during selection?

and what were you referred to after arriving at Castelnaudary?

I'm calling bullshit on you firstly joining and then deserting.
>>
>>29982511

That's pretty bad form mang.
>>
>>29982151
Actually a lot do, but there are many restrictions which foreigners. For example Ireland and Belgium accept all EU citizens, Spain accepts people from former colonies, Serbis also supposedly accept foreigners. Then we have the French Foreign Legion and the Australians accepting needed personnel with military experience (heart a lot about that one). Now regarding what I read on wikipedia but don't know for sure, Canadians accept experienced aircrew, so if OP was a 15T-Crew Chief, he might explore that option. Russians accept, but require command of language.
>>
>>29982524

thanks
>>
>>29982511
Assuming this isn't bs, why did you desert? Every military group has mins numbing jumpsuit, what were you expecting? Waiting a full year to do so sounds way too long to make such a rash decision.
>>
>>29982511

There was a West Point cadet a few years ago who actually graduated then deserted the US Army and joined the FFL. As I recall he got caught because someone from the Academy in Afghanistan literally recognized him walking around with a famas in a french uniform.
>>
>>29982600
Though I don't know about the guy you are talking to, it isn't unheard of that people desert from the FFL. The Serbian "Legija" dude deserted in the 90s when the Yugoslav war started. Other famous commanders from the FFL fought in those wars too, but I don't think most of them defected/deserted, they just finished their tour and came.
>>
>>29982660
IIRC he came back to the US after his contract and admitted to deserting. He said he got a fobbit medical job and wanted some real action. Got a few years in the brig.
>>
>>29982660

gonna go ahead and call bullshit on that story too
>>
>>29981815
Yeah, C-17's
>>
My older brother joined the Royal Marines and did a couple tours in Afghanistan. He was a section leader and everything. Our maternal grandparents were irish immigrants so we were both able to claim full irish citizenship when we were young. Irish citizens can join the brit army. Other than that, we're american as apple pie. Always said the training was hell because of his american accent but now he still lives over there and has a british gf. My grandmother damn nearly disowned him. I meanwhile havent done shit with my life.
>>
>>29982663
People desert yes, but it's fucking difficult and it fucks everyone else over, there's a system in place for leaving during basic, the offer to "go civil" is there all the time, doing so carries no consequence, trying to leave after basic and with your contract signed is a lot harder.
>>
>>29982684
https://news.vice.com/article/a-us-army-deserter-is-getting-four-years-in-jail-after-joining-the-french-foreign-legion

Could you stop embarassing yourself?
>>
>>29982718
I'd like to meet the golden snitch that ratted his ass out, the ultimate buddy fuck.
>>
>>29982634

I seriously doubt the ruskies are gonna take some prior service american, regardless of how well they speak slavshit
>>
>>29982713
Don't have personal experience with the FFL, but if its like any other military out there. After basic should be easy. Get a weekend vacation? You are gone if you want to. Whether one should "go civil" on the regular route, rather than desert. I don't think we are talking about some gods gift to humanity kind of guys, in Legijas case I doubt he wanted to risk a few more months of bureaucracy and lose on the action and early-arrival postings in the JSO.
>>
>>29982741
I agree, I am just talking about the fact that there are a lot of countries that accept foreigners. Likewise, if he is just a 15T maintainer, the Canucks probably don't want him either.
>>
The FFL looks pretty shitty compared to the rest. I'm looking for something with a quality of life standard at least on par (if not better) than the US army.
>>
>>29982762

Also not just a maintainer, was a crew chief.
>>
>>29982824
You're being way too fucking picky.

you want to be a war fighter but you want to be comfortable?
the fuck?

What are you looking for exactly?
>>
>>29982832
drop warrant and fly. you have a lot of requirements and stipulations for this.

>beggars can't be choosers
>>
>>29982841

I'm looking for someone (from the US) who has joined a non-meme tier military in another country and I want to know how they enjoyed the experience. (i.e, AU, NZ, UK, etc)

I'm not sure what you mean by war fighter, but if you mean knuckle dragging 11b grunt shit then no I'm not a "war fighter". I scored too high on the ASVAB for that sorry.
>>
I thought of joining the Irish Defense Forces once but then I realized they never shoot people.
>>
>>29982886
So... you want an exciting job in a foreign military.

you think you're mot qualified for these exciting jobs than their own citizens?

understand it's a lot of effort on the foreign nations part to bring you in and manage all the shit that comes with it.

The NZDF takes foreigners, you have to:

be a current or recently serving (within 6 - 12 months) member of the UK, Australian, USA or Canadian Armed Forces,

have been a citizen of either the UK, Australia, USA, or Canada for a minimum period of 10 years, or have been living in NZ for a minimum period of 5 years,

be eligible for release from current service within 18 months of applying, and
meet current vacancy criteria at the time of application.

Since you're an airforcefag
http://www.defencecareers.mil.nz/air-force/jobs

See if anything there takes your fancy.
>>
I'm an 0811 in the Marines 2 months from getting out. My waifu is Korean and I'm moving there with every intention of joining the ROKMC as soon as I get my Korean citizenship.
>>
>>29982930
Enjoying getting rekt.
>>
>>29982886
holy fuck you're a prick
>>
>>29982942
Fugg, I was in long enough to experience a little bit of real hazing just before Amos outlawed it, might as well see what it's really like.
>>
>>29982886
lol what a shitcunt. Some of the most intelligent people I know (with high GT scores to prove) are 11B. Some people just like the job you condescending prick. I hope you have fun getting broken off by the FFL.
>>
>>29982953
Yeah, from what I hear from 0311s that train with ROK marines they really don't give a fuck about western ideas about being 'nice', they definitely want warriors.

I envy Asians and their dedication to only accepting perfection.

go balls deep and bring back stories of your journey.
>>
>>29982930

not OP, do you speak Korean?
>>
>>29982990
Will certainly do, I'll always be a /k/ommando. I did the yearly training with them for the last 2 years so I know they're top lads.

>>29983003
예, 공부 하고 있어요.
>>
>>29983046

신은 위대
>>
>>29981855
what is this
>>
File: spiderman2mandvi.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
spiderman2mandvi.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
>>29982511
>Deserting voluntary service
No wonder americucks won't fight a civil war, they're unloyal as fuck
>>
so many rustled jimmies in this thread lol
>>
File: Masterface.jpg (70 KB, 550x310) Image search: [Google]
Masterface.jpg
70 KB, 550x310
>>29983097
It's a UAV made up to look like an air-liner.

Which is pretty fucking shady, even by Company standards.

There's a reason civilian air-liners get shot down, assholes.
>>
>>29983158
It's 'cuz OP is a raging faggot who doesn't even know what he wants and isn't willing to work for it.

I think he was hoping for a recruiter wandering around /k/ ready with pen and paper to snatch him up.
>>
>>29983199
>UAV
It's a fucking cruise missile you mong.
>>29983097
Anyways it's obviously shopped to appear to be "evidence" of the theory that cruise missiles were used on 9/11.
>>
>>29982643
Because it was fucking boring. Same reason I ETS'd out of the U.S. Army. I had to wait a year because it the first pass I got to go to Paris. If you get caught deserting in France you'll do time, like six months.

I'm not knocking military service generally. I'm just telling this guy, who is thinking of joining another army for exactly the same reasons I did, that he's not gonna find what he's looking for in life by doing so. My advice to anyone feeling unsatisfied in the conventional forces is to transfer into SOF or get out and try civilian life.

Every other guy I met in the Legion who was prior service felt the same way I did. The only dudes who seemed content were the foreigners who needed the citizenship or the frogs who felt they were fulfilling a patriotic duty (and in my view they were).
>>
>>29982886
90 AFQT, 11bambam, get fucked mate
>>
>>29983120
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War
>Total: 705,000–900,000+ dead
B^)
Just because all these coward immigrants that ran away into this country doesn't mean all Americans have those values.
>>
>>29982511
> A futfut deserted
No surprise, that's when all the cowards left.
>>
>>29983305
I'm calling bullshit.
What regiment, how was your first language class, what did you wear for the Lec Luger, what are the steps to donning the Kepi and what locations were authorized for the graduation ceremony from Castel?
>>
>>29982151
I'd say every western army hires foreigners nowadays
And non-western armies would likely be ok with hiring a westerner
>>
>>29982832
Dont have much to say about the experience in foreign armies after UsA. But the aussies operate blackhawks and pay nicely. Belgians require prior knowledge of french or dutch. but you can file the ppaperwork in German too. Two year contracts are in theory available. Not much in excitement though. Conscription like.

10/10 for the 03 comment. Easiest way to twist panties on /k/.
>>
>>29981545
No one has done as it would mean learning a new language, even for the British Armed Forces, which Americans don't do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGuGzH3Ne5w
>>
>>29982886
Fuck off you fat yank cunt, why the fuck would our military pick your autistic picky ass?
>>
>>29981545
Is a Aviation Technician job transferable to a PMC
>>
>>29981545
I'm pretty certain the Australian Army needs senior enlisted aircraft everything.
>>
>>29983046
>>29983067
Oooohhh! Korea runes!
>>
>>29985685
absolutely
>>
15U crewdog here

We had some Aussie guys come to Campbell once and fly with us and they seemed really good. But The thing you haven't really considered is if you want to actually live in those countries. Those "non-meme" tier military's as you described them are also unfortunately in "cuck-tier" countries.

Look up self defense laws and shit in britbong or nz, etc, country is a fucking joke, you can't even own a pocket knife in most parts.

I wouldn't mind flying with the Australians or Kiwis, but I sure as fuck wouldn't want to live in either of those places for any period of time
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.