[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best <200 dollar scope?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: vortex1.jpg (21 KB, 800x338) Image search: [Google]
vortex1.jpg
21 KB, 800x338
I'm looking for a new scope for my mini-30. My old one I got nearly 20 years ago for less than 100 bucks and it doesn't hold zero well.

I want something in a 3x9 probably, but not too concerned with reticle or any of that shit. What's the best 200 buck scope? I was considering the Leupold VX1, the Viper Diamondback maybe, or Nikon Buckmaster?
>>
File: shotgunscope.jpg (35 KB, 480x431) Image search: [Google]
shotgunscope.jpg
35 KB, 480x431
>>29981111
>Mini-30

This tbqh familia
>>
>>29981111
Literally anything that will hold zero.
>>
>>29981132
come on man, they're not that bad.
>>
>>29981174
I was just being funny. I have an old Bushnell 3x9 that was pretty cheap, has worked well for about 12 years. Can't remember the model but it holds its zero perfectly.
>>
no other suggestions? Experience with the three models suggested?

Is the Leupold worth the ~50 bucks more it would cost over the others?
>>
Nikon buckmaster is probably the cheapest you can go that can hold a zero. The scope works fine.
>>
I've had good luck with my two primary arms 6-16x scopes... They are moa/mil though which gets lame trying to dial and do hold overs...
>>
I have a Vortex Crossfire II that I paid $150 for with a mount. It's still in the box since I don't actually have anything to mount it on, but I assume it's decent.
>>
I like my Nikon p-300 for $199, but it's for a different application than yours
>>
>>29981111
Burris 3x9. Nice and bright, rugged as hell, lifetime warrantee, made in USA, costs well under $200 on Opticsplanet.com. All my rifles save one wear Burris glass.
>>
>>29981111
Get one of the new dog optics they are ultra prime especially the models that come with the dog ballistic turrets to adjust for range based on your caliber also super choice pricing and clarity
>>
>>29982370
I think at that price they all use around the same quality glass, look into who uses the best glass for the money.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29981111
I've got a 4-12 buckmaster on my gAyR. It's a really great scope for the shekels. Mine holds zero really well and has surprisingly clear glass. I can easy hit 8" gongs at 600 yards with it. The only problem I've had is the eye box on it. There's really no play in it so if your eye isn't centered up exactly where it needs to be you will get a shitty picture
>>
http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-4x-compact-prism-scope-with-the-patented-762x39300bo-acss-reticle/p/kt-pac4xak300bo/

Surely you can save another $60 for a scope.
>>
Bushnell makes some pretty reliable shit. I recommend them.
>>
>>29981111
vortex cross fire 2
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.