[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
9mm luger same as 9mm parabellum?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: DSCN1673.jpg (744 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1673.jpg
744 KB, 2048x1536
Quick question. I'm 90% certain they're the same
>>
>>29979623
yup
>>
>>29979623
Yes
>>
Yeah
>>
>>29979623
>>29979623
your mum sucks nigger cock, yes
>>
>>29979623
Yes, 9mm Luger is shorthand for 9x19mm Parabellum.
>>
Thanks a lot guys. I have a glawk 19, but am thinking about maybe selling or trading and getting some old historic or vintage pistols WWII-cold war era. I don't dislike the glock, it's just like having a car for many many years, eventually you just want something else, even if it's perfectly fine.
>>
Nevermind, this Zastava M70A apparently is like, less than $300 lol how is it so cheap?
>>
Did you really make a brand new thread just for this question?
>>
File: Walther P1.jpg (63 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Walther P1.jpg
63 KB, 640x360
>>29979707
It's made in Serbia, possibly on old Soviet tooling from back when it was Yugoslavia, it's also a very dated design, a clone of the old Soviet TT-33 from WW2

It's had some minor changes done to it, so that it's legal to import into the US, one is that it has a proper manual safety added onto it.
It's available in both 7.62mm Tokarev, and also made it available in 9mm Luger for markets where that is cheaper and more common (like North America)

Basically, it's an obsolete old piece, made at a competitive price, holds 8+1 rounds, is a bit quirky in design, and it works.
If you want something that feels old, but is cheap, the M70A is alright, typically works fine.

Another WW2-ish piece is the Walther P1 and P4, basically, WW2 was over, Germany was all fucked up and the Soviets had taken half of it, eventually they were allowed to make a new army, because shit son, the Cold War is on and the commies are on the other side of that fence!
They needed a sidearm for their defensive force, and it was decided, the P38 works just fine, if we make those again with some tweaks, and an aluminum alloy frame, that'll be good enough. 8+1 capacity.
The P1 and P4 are cheap today because they're woefully obsolete as service pistols and people kind of forgot they were a thing for whatever reason, despite being a part of the Cold War.

Then there's the Rock Island Armory GI, a 1911 clone, built to, you guessed it, GI spec, it's made in the Philippines, so that's why it can be so cheap. It's actually fairly good quality for it's price, the GI model being the cheapest and most basic.
It won't put holes in holes or anything, but it's adequate in most regards, fun to shoot with.
Holds regular 7+1 in .45ACP, can be had in 9mm Luger with 8+1 capacity.

If you already have a 9mm and is looking for something practical, your Glock will already do that, but getting a new gun just to have that too, just for fun, is perfectly reasonable.
>>
>>29979700
Now, since you already have a modern plastic framed 9mm pistol, I'm going to suggest you give the RIA 1911 a look, it's all steel, and is often available in classic .45ACP, shooting this gun will feel very different, and that's fun.

It's heavier, so it recoils less than a polymer gun of comparable size, but .45ACP, shooting a heavier bullet, recoils in a different manner compared to 9mm Luger (though ultimately, they both roughly perform about as good when they've entered a fleshy and meaty body)
>>
File: Melon.gif (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Melon.gif
4 MB, 480x270
LOL 9mm.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-BMc8Ocre0
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.