[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What legislation/policies, or lack thereof, would you like to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 800x533
What legislation/policies, or lack thereof, would you like to see in regards to firearms in your country?
>>
>>29978850
A lack of all legislation related to weapons of any kind, up to and including CBRN weapons.

Not even American.
>>
Legislation specifically prohibiting legislation about weapons of all sorts.

Wait, we have that already
>>
>>29978850
NFA abolished.
Nancy Pelosi and Kevin DeLeon types deported to Venezuela.
>>
>>29978870
>>29978850
Git rid of all them damn gun and make the /k/ube the state religion. With a stipend for weapons every year.

I'd still buy shotguns only though. Even if the rest of the world buys like full auto rocket launchers or whatever.
>>
Realistically I'd like to see suppressors removed from the NFA and some sort of legislation that shits on anti-freedom states that require licenses to buy ammo/guns or licenses for handguns and any kind of registries.
>>
Nothing really, I live in the UK and our gun laws are the most sensible in the world albeit not the most fun.
>>
>>29978850
The legalization and formation of rural militias for farming communities. Residence: South Africa.

Oh yeah also shorter or no waiting periods to licence a firearm. And no arbitrary rules like "have a good reason to own this AR-15" and "self defence is not a good reason to own an 'assault' rifle"
>>
>>29979010
I'm inclined to agree with this.
>>
>>29978850
Forensic testing of weapons so that when someone finds casings or projectiles at a crime scene they can just be matched to the weapon.
>>
>>29979094
The AR-15 is a great rifle for hunting coyotes
>>
>>29979094
Your right though, It only seems logical that if someone wants to purchase any weapon or even an AR. They should probably have good reasons and understand the different types of uses for that weapon. If not it seems like they are already just an irresponsible gun owner.

I just want a weapon because it looks cool on my wall and I can take selfies. It's an accident waiting to happen.
>>
I'd like my Constitution to recognize my right to possess and bear arms. That's mostly it. Right now gun ownership can be arbitrarily forbidden by the government.
>>
>>29979107
You talking about at the factory, a forensic test matched for the gun after it's proofed?

It would be as easy as taking a very fine file to the chamber and barrel right? You don't even have to remove .0001" of metal to change the 'fingerprint' of the gun with no affect on accuracy. Cops would be none the wiser. Also, guns wear over time, as do their barrels.

If that's what you're talking about, you're retarded.
>>
>>29979107
They tried that

Never solved a crime and just didnt work
>>
>deregulate SBS/SBR/AOW/DD/Suppressors
>remove sporting purpose clause
>open machine gun registry
>need a purchase permit to buy guns
>this permit will be free, all you have to do is print out a form, fill it out, show up at your town hall/police station and turn it in
>concealed or open carry for $25 and a proficiency test (can hit targets at ranges >10 feet)
>nationwide carry permit reciprocity
>>
>>29979202
**<10 feet
>>
>>29979181
Not even that

For the program in Massachusetts where they tried that exact thing they found that firing as little as 50 rounds through the gun changes the fingerprint so much as to be unrecognizable
>>
>>29979215
Maryland not Massachusetts

My mistake
>>
Californian here

I'd like for my 2nd amendment right to actually be valid in this state
>>
922r stupidity be gone
>>
>>29978976
>Nancy Pelosi and Kevin DeLeon executed as enemies of the state.
Ftfy
>>
>>29979181
When a round is fired out a chamber the barrel leaves scratches on the casing and projectile similar to a finger print.

I highly doubt the crack heads that are running around robbing people are going to alter the forensic evidence on their guns given that they don't even wear gloves when they break into shit.

You are pessimistic and weak.
>>
>>29979232
Don't forget feinstein
>>
>>29979232
>executing political opponents
how unamerican can you be, anon?
>>
>>29979236
Except that firing the gun at least 50 times completely changes the fingerprint
>>
>>29979189
You are wrong, That is about the standard for how guns are matched to crimes.
>>
>>29979255
Maybe on CSI but its not possible in the real world.
>>
>>29979254
Firing the gun 50 times will make the profile more profound and give you more to match up to.
>>
No regulations on small arms whatsoever. Increased penalties for using small arms during the commission of a crime. Deregulate big bore firearms and cannons. Maintain NFA for all explosive munitions.
>>
>>29979263
It is exactly how it is done in the real world. Police officer finds shells at a crime scene he sends them too a lab. Lab does ballistic testing and may send a bill.
>>
>>29979282
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/08/maryland-ends-ballistic-fingerprinting-database-15-years-5-million-no-crimes-solved/

>Barrels, firing pins, slides, bolts and similar parts affecting these marks can easily be replaced or altered. Without a system to “register” gunsmithing work, marks would become impossible to match…

Conversion kits for various firearms are available to permit use of a different caliber of ammunition. Currently, these are not classified as “firearms” and are sold via mail…

In a California Department of Justice study, 50 fired cases from the Federal Cartridge Corp. were compared. The cartridges had all been fired in the same gun. In microscopic examination by “experts,” 38 percent were missed! When different cartridge makes were added to the mix, still all from the same gun, 62 percent were missed. Obviously, this presents a serious problem with only one fired case or bullet from each gun.
>>
>>29979254
The bolt on the weapon also leaves distinct marks on the back of the casing as well as the firing pin.
>>
File: i dont think so tim.jpg (32 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
i dont think so tim.jpg
32 KB, 276x276
>>29979266
You realize the bullets themselves will be ever so slightly marking the barrel, right? Also copper / lead buildup, which will change the profile. If anything, firing the gun 50 times will make the 'profile' LESS profound. Due to fouling and buildup.
>>
>>29979293
As this post proves
>>29979284

Matching casings to guns is inaccurate at best
>>
>>29979247
Pretty goddamn American actually. Or do you not know your own history?
>>
>>29979303
They just failed because they weren't managing the project correctly or they didn't have enough funding to develop the software correctly.
>>
>>29979320
>implying america has historically lived up to its own ideals
it's a battle, anon, and you're fighting for the wrong side
>>
>>29979303
I think computer software has changed a lot in the last 15 years. That is also a factor.
>>
>>29979328
>>29979341
They also tried it in california with experts hand comparing casings and they had a horrible success rate
>>
>>29979300
Further, Barrels(and to a lesser extent every other moving part of the gun) are wear items. Albeit very long wear items. A very small percentage of their mass goes out the barrel every time a bullet is fired. Couple that with carbon, lead, and copper build up, the 'fingerprint' of the gun changes significantly with each box of ammunition the gun fires.

Do you really want to risk your freedom in court over something that, at BEST, is only accurate roughly 60% of the time? referencing >>29979284
>>
>>29979247
Pretty goddamn American actually. Or do you not know your own history? They also took an oath to uphold the Constitution, which they have actively tried to subvert while delaying implementation of the law (US 2A). That's sedition under US code.

>>29979242
She can live. I want to see her publicly reverse her stances on gun control then lose reelection and promptly die in shame.
>>
>>29979010
How in the fuck is not being able to have firearms "sensible?" You britbongs have knife turn in boxes FFS. There is nothing sensible about being a red coat.
>>
>>29979343
They did it in a controlled environment. They got results back that could match 38% of the time.

I think they just need to identify what flaws were occurring that were not letting them get better results and attempt to improve.
>>
>>29979330
That's why the people who founded those ideals would tar and feather representatives of the king? You so know that boiling tar burning 90% of your body is usually fatal, right?
>>
>>29979394
I think its a terrible idea and it wont work. It will just contribute to the extreme government waste my tax dollars already finance.
>>
>>29978850

Mandatory (free) training, licensing and registration of guns with a SHALL issue design.
Licensing graduated from rimfire rifle at A level to "NFA" weapons at E level. (Suppressors would be part of the "D" level along with concealed carry)
Clear Constitutional protections of the right to own weapons stated so boldly that even libtards can't twist it.
Registration accessible online so no need to go to an FFL to transfer weapons.
Training available in high schools to anyone who cares to attend and to any children who will be 18 by the end of the school year. Children that will not be 18 by then may attend with parental permission.
Expansion of the CMP to include all firearms used by the US military, allowing citizens to purchase mil-spec weapons at government cost if they are members.
>>
>>29979384
>That's sedition under US code.
Not a capital offense.

>>29979398
>That's why the people who founded those ideals would tar and feather representatives of the king? You so know that boiling tar burning 90% of your body is usually fatal, right?
Which founding fathers did that?
>>
I'd like to see import bans removed, so we can git more HK and Russian guns. (Imagine surplus AK's and Dragunovs), SBR/SBS shit completely removed, canucks can have short shotguns and they dont kill anybody with them. Full fun legal and no more retarded ass state exclusive laws and shit. Background checks should actually be used though, and anyone denied for a background check should have a chance to legally expunge/prove themselves.
>>
>>29979412
The thread is about what laws I want changed.
>>
>>29979394
In a controlled environment 38% is horrible.

The world is not a controlled environment. I bet having the casing bounce around on the ground will fuck it up bad enough to make identification impossible.
>>
>>29979416
You want it to be a capital offense to oppose your interpretation of the constitution?
>>
>>29979442
"Shall not be infringed" isn't very open to interpretation, friend.
>>
>>29979247
The revolution and the civil war were nothing but Americans killing people over political differences
>>
>>29979407
>unironically wants licencing
For what purpose?
>uses "libtards"
Oh, you're one of those.
>>
Abolishment of the NFA

SBR/SBS are completely deregulated

Machine guns are completely deregulated

Federally recognized castle doctrine

Destructive devices are no longer recognized as a thing so long as the payload is non explosive
>>
>>29979556

1. To provide proof of training, in the hopes of reducing the number of fucktards that accidentally shot themselves or other people.

2. To eliminate the need for repeated instances of filling out NFA type paperwork, I wouldn't get rid of the NFA because I do believe it has SOME value, albeit not that much.

3. To provide ease of handling the registrations, which I believe have value for nabbing straw purchasers and shitty gun stores.
>>
>>29979587
Accidental shootings are a non issue in this country. More people drown to death.

The NFA is already convoluted and retarded. You are only making it worse by adding a licencing system.

Straw purchasing wouldn't be a thing if we spent the time and energy reforming our law enforcement and prison systems instead of this bullshit. Also, "Shall not be infringed," if they aren't in prison they should have all rights restored.
>>
File: bobandy.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
bobandy.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
So this is where all the anti-gun shills are congregating for the evening.
>>
File: gadsen5.jpg (36 KB, 780x512) Image search: [Google]
gadsen5.jpg
36 KB, 780x512
>>29979675
This thread is now a SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED thread.

>SHALL
>NOT
>BE
>INFRINGED
>>
>>29979648
>if they aren't in prison they should have all rights restored
even if the vast majority of felons go on to commit violent crimes after being released?
>>
File: gadsen4.jpg (122 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
gadsen4.jpg
122 KB, 640x426
>>
>>29979648

More people may drown, but that doesn't mean that accidental shooting don't happen. Training is a trivial thing that can possibly reduce that.

It would not make it more convoluted. You fill out the paperwork once, get your license and from then on you don't need to think about it ever again.

To a fair degree that's true, that's why if the OP had started the thread with "What would you do to reduce violence in the US" I wouldn't have even mentioned gun laws. However the question OP proposed is what gun laws would you implement, not how would you reform the entire criminal justice system in the country.
>>
>>29979710
>reading comprehension, how does it work?
>>
>>29979710

I'm not him, I'm the other guy, recidivism is IMO largely a symptom of how our criminal justice system fails to address the CAUSE of crimes. If we treated prison as rehabilitation as opposed to revenge then recidivism would likely drop considerably.
>>
>>29979729
Do you really think the ATF, which is doing everything it can to make getting NFA items more difficult will allow it to be so simple as "just fill out the paperwork"?
>>
>>29979739
You didn't say we should restore rights if we fix our prisons, you said we should restore rights. Write better if you want people to understand you.
>>
>>29979574
Sensible. Some of those are already in place in Canada such as:
Non-restricted, short-barrelled, long-guns as long as they are not both centerfire & semi-auto.
No caliber restrictions.
Federally recognized castle doctrine.

Canada needs:
Non-restricted, short-barrelled, semi-auto centerfire long-guns.
Non-restricted handguns.
Concealed carry.
Abolish the list of prohibited guns that were banned because, I shit you not, they "looked scary".
>>
>>29979762

Do you not understand that the whole point of this exercise is that we're envisioning a complete restructuring of our laws?
>>
File: image_44.jpg (550 KB, 2560x1707) Image search: [Google]
image_44.jpg
550 KB, 2560x1707
>>29979766
I'm sorry, I forgot autistic people can't grasp context. You didn't have too much trouble on a second read through though, so that's good.

>>29979781
Do you not realize it doesn't matter what laws we have in place when Congress has delegated its regulatory authority to bureaus such as the ATF, which are politically motivated to fuck over the general population any way they can? As well a poltical elite determined to work around any existing laws protecting firearms ownership? Especially when a liberal executive is giving them orders.
>>
>>29979781
Let me make it simple for you. Fucktards will still get guns, no matter what you do. Just look at the fucktards on the New Jersey turnpike despite drivers licensing.

Q.E.D.
>>
>>29979845

Jesus fuck you're dense. If you're not able to grasp the point of the exercise there's no point in continuing to talk to you.
>>
>>29979845
>write better
>y-you're just a-autistic!
>>
>>29979010
C U C K
U
C
K
>>
>>29979859
The point of the exercise is to come up with something that actually works, not bullshit registration and licensing that would have zero effect on accidents.
>>
>>29978850

the best legislation would be none
>>
>>29978870
fpbp
>>
>>29979343
I just went for a run and came back this thread was still Up. The fact that they had 60% success rating means that it is feasible.

At one point in time the automobile and even phone or railroad or even mail system were thought to be impossible.

You can say it is a waste of your tax dollars but you have probably spent 5 minutes reading about tax spending in the last 5 years so your opinion on that matter is irrelevant.

If something is needed to work you make it work not whine and complain because you don't know how shit gets done.

If they were doing it for 16 years and got 0 hits then they were doing something terribly wrong. There results are simply an indication of a poorly developed and designed system.
>>
>>29979859
You're the dense one faggot. How do you not see licensing and registration for everything from .22s to silencers would be abused to the point of nullification of the 2A?
>inb4 make it shall issue
Connecticut and Illinois are shall issue, see how that's working out. When you can add so much regulatory BS that people don't want to buy a gun then you have effectively prohibited them.
>>
File: Ivan_says.jpg (46 KB, 720x427) Image search: [Google]
Ivan_says.jpg
46 KB, 720x427
>>29979872
>stuttering meme
>>
NFA abolished, and a set of four news laws put in its place. These laws texts are one word long.

114TH CONGRESS
2D SESSION
S. 2800
AN ACT
To make the 2nd amendment to the United States Constitution's text clear and concise to all who may wish to understand it.
1. SHALL
2. NOT
3. BE
4. INFRINGED
>>
>>29979919
Not to mention you could do annual ballistic test requirements.

No punishment or very small ticket until you fail to test for two years straight at which time I think a steep fine of around 500 dollars.

Even require a bill of sale or transferred title to privately sell fire arms as we do with autos.

Maybe require a drug test to buy firearms because people that rob mother fuckers at gun point aren't usually sober.
>>
>>29979920
I agree, often America ends up effectively prohibiting items or services just because how to go about it legally is too complicated or discouraging for the average person to carry out easily. It is bad for industries of all types.

I don't think silencers for pistols should be legal but, at the end of the day I don't really care because I haven't thought about it much or done research.

I don't think silencers have contributed to crime much but I of course could be wrong.
>>
>>29979935
The supreme court usually makes decent decisions about that.

That is a good point. To be honest if you are going to blame guns for gun violence then start banning them.

You might as well say that because this person used his words to incite a riot at a protest he is not allowed to speak publicly or speak against the gubment
>>
>>29978850
Romania
-Lift of all regulations off airguns and deactivated guns
-Ability to own antique bp guns with a simple and inexpensive registering and testing process
-Ability to own modern semi-automatics for target shooting purposes with a thorough but inexpensive process, including background checks and psychological testing
-Ability to shoot on private property as long as certain safety measures are met
>>
>>29979919
>Your opinion is irrelevant

Fuck off nigger
>>
>>29979970
Suppressors are so easy to make at home it's stupid to ban them. If someone wants a suppressed gun for crime committing purposes they'll make it themselves anyway.
>>
>>29979893

Please explain where it states that in the OP.

>>29979920

Hence the re-writing of the 2A to be book length basically repeating "People get their guns and if you try to stop them you get to get ass-raped in jail"

>>29979970

Their contribution to crime now is practically nil. Their contribution to crime if they were widely available is open for discussion as the NFA came into effect not long after suppressors became a thing and well before most people would be able to afford one.

I suspect it would be minimal, pistols are close-range weapons, which means it's likely that the people you're shooting at will be aware of it anyway. The only real value would be that people AROUND you wouldn't be as aware that SOMETHING was happening. So you'd be looking at maybe a marginal increase to police response times, but not really much else.

Rifle suppressors would be a little different, someone like Charles Whitman with a suppressor might be able to kill a LOT more people before being taken down, but then there's very few instances of that sort of thing happening. Most mass shootings these days are up close and personal.
>>
>>29979970
Ask the Norwegians about their rampant suppressor crime.
>>
The complete removal of ALL firearms laws, legislation, and taxes.

I want to be able to buy machine guns for $100.
>>
>>29979970
>I don't think
>I haven't done research
It shows. Fucking. Typical.
>>
>>29980018
It was clearly implied that it should be feasible and work.

Or else everyone could just say "let's all cut off our dicks and use them as ammo! Make it a law!"
>>
>>29980018
>rewriting the 2A to be book length
That will certainly stream line things and won't result in a judicial cluster fuck like we've never seen before. I am now convinced you are anti gun. Why you're on this board, idk, but fuck off.
>>
>>29980056

It was clearly stated that you are making your own laws, there is no mention of passing them through existing political processes/entities, nor is there a stipulation that they must meet an arbitrary level of functionality as defined by YOU.
>>
>>29980018
>>29979970
The only time rifle silencers popped into my head was in hunting it could be useful. I see how it might not be a "fair" thing for the animal though. Like using lights for fishing or whatever.

I personally have no use for a silencer. I'm sure their are many people that have found legal and practical uses for them.
>>
>>29980069
I think it's more like 40% chance he's a Redditor, 40% chance he's obnoxiously ignorant, 20% chance he's an unleashed tard

>>29980080
Fine, then here's my law. You, Mr. Anon, will be hacked into pieces alive and sacrificed to the Holy /k/ube. This will allow the weapons spirits to bless us with zero gun laws world wide for the rest of eternity. This is actually more feasible and likely to work than your suggestion.
>>
File: 1-10.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1-10.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>29980069

>We should encourage shooting in schools
>We should rewrite the 2A to make it abundantly and inarguably clear exactly what "The right of the people" means
>We should provide guns for cheaper to the people
>"Hurr you're anti-gun"
>>
File: broincorporated.jpg (43 KB, 355x457) Image search: [Google]
broincorporated.jpg
43 KB, 355x457
>>29980110
>>
>>29980046
I am by no means required nor, would it be even rational for me to do research on criminal use of suppressors.

By the way a thread is a conversation. If you are not capable of being one without whining like a 14 year old boy then leave.
>>
>>29980111
yeah, let's just ignore the licensing and registration system, hm?

>>29980118
not an argument
>>
>>29980119
>a conversation

A conversation requires engagement on both parts. You on a weapons board talking about improvements to gun laws and yet you don't know a thing about a topic you've been speaking about. It would be apropos to do some research first.
>>
>>29980140
That is because silencers are retarded. It would probably be in every ones best interest if you quick talking. You are cancer. This doesn't just apply to the thread but to the people close to you as well. You are more than likely turning them into idiots.
>>
>>29980119

It's fairly clear that the thread is infested by fucktards, I've said my piece, so I'm leaving. I'd suggest you do the same, anything else is just wasting your time.
>>
File: meme-bag.jpg (86 KB, 538x536) Image search: [Google]
meme-bag.jpg
86 KB, 538x536
>>29980111
>let's have a licensing and registration system
>i'm not anti-gun!
>>
File: 1458262023691.jpg (67 KB, 363x435) Image search: [Google]
1458262023691.jpg
67 KB, 363x435
>>29980188
>silencers are retarded
I bet you're one of those assholes who keeps telling people hearing protection is for pussies.
>>29980111
More like
>Hey, let's take this really bad part of the US gun regulation and make it apply to everything, with more paperwork!
You're law would do nothing to reduce accidental deaths, or improve the quality of culture in this country, because the people who are leaving guns around for their kids to pick up are trailer trash meth heads and niggers.

Instead you'll make it bureaucratically impossible for me to own a suppressed 10/22 instead of just bureaucratically annoying to own a suppressed 10/22. >>29979935 got it right.
>>
>>29978976
Why would you do that to poor venezuela?
>>
>>29978850
A Shall-Issue if we fit all the requirements, nowadays the Feds can, and have 90% of chance of just saying fuck you and denying your purchase.

Even if you purchase a gun, they will 100% sure say fuck you for the CC license later, in a country with 60k homicides a year you "don't need to carry a gun, you're not in danger".

And end ALL caliber restrictions, that's just retarded.
>>
no more cheapfag tier saturday night special guns
that only niggers use.

that will be all,
no other laws.
>>
>>29978850
Ctrl + F
"1986"
>No results
Literally fuck all of you.
>>
>>29979006
Right? Isn't the surressor thong bullshit? I know I can put earplugs in but the birds can't
>>
>>29979010
nice bait
>>
Ausfag:

Semi-auto longarms to be available for sports shooting purposes. Hell, I don't have a problem with licencing, but let us have semi-autos for sports purposes for fucks sake.

Also, encourage suppressors rather than list them as a prohibited item.
>>
>>29981902
>stopping with hughes
Try ctrl+F "NFA"
>>
Canuck here

Remove the law requiring you to have guns locked away in a safe bolted to a wall/floor with a trigger lock on
>>
>>29978850
Nationally recognized CWPs. No NFA for SBRs and suppressors.
>>
>>29979096
>>29979010
t. cuck
>>
>>29983462
there is no such law
>>
>>29978850
Complete repeal of NFA, GCA, ammo laws, import restrictions, brady bill, licensing, registries, and all other burdens and restrictions placed on gun ownership. If it isn't like Vermont in 1933, it's too restrictive.
>>
>>29983583
Really? Then why does everyone I have talked to, and the course I took, say you have to do it?

I understand it's not necessarily a safe, as a locked room will work, but do safes or cabinets have to be bolted or is it just a recommended but not necessary thing to do?
>>
File: 1463525455378.png (209 KB, 405x347) Image search: [Google]
1463525455378.png
209 KB, 405x347
Swede here, get rid of fucking all of it and make for real self-defense laws.
>>
File: 1462326057558.gif (1 MB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
1462326057558.gif
1 MB, 500x516
>>29978870
FPBP
>>
File: Freedominion.jpg (78 KB, 1089x815) Image search: [Google]
Freedominion.jpg
78 KB, 1089x815
>>29978850
I'd love to see a lack of gun laws worldwide.

Because the world belongs to America and therefore the 2nd Amendment is for the whole world.

And if any antis complain anywhere, they can get "liberated" real quick by the now armed pro-American paramilitaries set up.
>>
>>29983611
apparently you talk to idiots.
a handgun can be trigger locked and in a cabinet, or unlocked in a safe.
rifles can be trigger locked, bolt pulled, or locked in a cabinet.
There is no legal requirement ot secure the safe or cabinet to anything.
>>
>>29981851
Classist fuck.
>>
>>29979266
>>29979282

So are you taking classes during the summer for your CJ degree?

>sends them too a lab

And without the firearm what do they have to match with the casing?

And with the firearm why would they be worried about paying a lab which practices the least scientific "science" to match the casings to the firearm?

Forensic science, as it currently stands, is the worst kind of pseudo science. Even DNA matching has been found to be inaccurate and heavily affected by bias.
>>
>>29979710
>even if the vast majority of felons go on to commit violent crimes after being released?

Need a source for this.

As far as recidivism in general, that's a result of how the system is designed to keep people in the fuck barrel. A felon is automatically going to not be hired 99% of the time for any job, much less a job making a living wage. And upward mobility economically might as well be 0. On top of that our prisons are training camps for criminals. A non violent offender goes in, learns from violent offenders in gen pop, gets out and finds out legit job prospects are almost zero and he has these new skills/knowledge/connections for criminal activity that will at least pay rent.
>>
>>29978850
Australia, QLD

Pre-1996 pls
>>
>>29979954
>Not to mention you could do annual ballistic test requirements.

Do you realize how much this would cost?
>>
>>29984450
Even though it doesn't fit the conservacuck image of this board, I have to agree.

If someone is sentenced for something, let them get off probation or out of jail/prison, then let them get on with their lives. Don't make their conviction available to the public, it basically dooms them to a life of judgment and poverty, which is a contributing factor to recidivism. (Courts should be the only ones able to access criminal history, for the purpose of sentencing.)

Convicts in prison might actually try to better themselves if they know they aren't going to get buttfucked by society once they get out. Then all those rehab, GED, and parenting programs in jails/prisons might start to be taken seriously, and we would have fewer career criminals.
>>
remove all firearm restrictions.

confederacy uprising NOW
>>
>>29984632
>Convicts in prison might actually try to better themselves if they know they aren't going to get buttfucked by society once they get out.

For all their cucked up issues, the Northern Yuros seem to have gotten this right at least.
>>
>>29979328
>>29979341
>Literally need mo money for dem programs.
I can't even...
>>
>>29980018
>the NFA came into effect not long after suppressors became a thing and well before most people would be able to afford one.
This is amazingly wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 1000x1000
>>29979010
>>
>>29978850
To legally own semiautomatic rifles and a loosening of 3 round rifle magazines (for bolt actions) so that at least 5 are allowed.
>>
>>29978850
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>29978850
I believe in common sense arms regulation: Basically, you can have any weapon you can afford unless it cannot be reasonably used in a discriminatory fashion. I.E. Anything you can aim and expect to hit one person with.
>>
>>29983612
Because that's working real well for you. You posting while you wait for your girlfriend to finish welcoming immigrants?
>>
>>29978850
Remove supressor/sbr/sbs/aow laws, re open mg registry, change the $200 fee to a one time license fee for mg ownership, remove ammo restrictions, 922r, unblock foreign imports, improve rights restoration for people who have served their time and proven to be rehabilitated, sell surplus m16s etc through the cmp, allow (legit) mental health flags to be linked to NICS system, allow private sellers and buyers to agree to and run a NICS check at their local police station at zero cost, federally task the National Guard with the responsibility to hold quarterly basic firearms safety, maintenance and marksmanship instruction courses with m16/m4/M9 from their armories, available for public enrollment for a very small fee to offset ammo cost.
>>
>>29978850
Finland. I'd like to see legal concealed carry.
>>
>>29987681
What's working well?
>>
Absolutely no gun laws. Get rid of it all. None of it works.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.