[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
biological warfare, chemicals,...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Why arent airborne viruses and chemicals more of a thing, /k/?
After reading R6, Inferno and some others, you would think that someone in a position would already try. Or is this what anthrax, mad cows disease, zika, ebolachan and all the recent rest were?
Why do you think they were not more successful?
How about good ol mustard gas or ether?
Discuss
>>
>>29978536
>Why aren't airborne viruses and chemicals more of a thing, /k/?
All the major players have massive stocks of chemical/biological weapons, they understandably just don't want to let the genie out of the bottle. Its MADx1000
>>
>>29978536
>Why do you think they were not more successful?
Because of dudes like Rainbow Six.
>>
No one capable is that batshit crazy.

Bio weapons tend to come back to bite you.

in the off chance you release super virus you have a secret vaccine for. the collapse of society will get you anyways.
>>
From past uses of biological weapons (especially terror attacks) they were not that effective. Also Geneva.
>>
Because real people don't work like mustached cartoon villains.

At least, the rate of them is low enough that a large scale endeavor would have such poor information security as to be doomed to failure.
>>
>>29978536

One reason is that the bad guys in R6 were batshit insane and had had incredible resources. Also, ,mthe good guys got lucky a few times
>>
>>29978712
As in, it is better to defeat and reign over the enemies instead of eradicating them?
>>29978787
Noone gives a shit about geneva, or hague, especially not organized groups that have nothing to do with national militaries.
>>
>>29978536

The US government used to have a fucking huge stockpile of VX gas for god knows what reason.
>>
>>29978536
Easy. Stop reading shit tier books and you learn to understand that the world is not full of cartoon villains.
>>
>>29978536
I would say that because most people that are smart enough to make or get these types of things are smart enough to walk the line. But all it really takes is someone motivated and not afraid of any consequences.
>>
>>29978536
Ayyyyy I'm reading this right now!
I'm really liking it honestly.
Not much else to add besides that.
>>
File: 1461905492123.png (159 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1461905492123.png
159 KB, 600x400
>>29978536
>Why arent airborne viruses and chemicals more of a thing, /k/?

Kill yourself you worthless piece of shit. I am so tired of you uneducated teenage shitstains coming on here and saying ignorant garbage like this. If this is seriously how you conduct yourself at age 14 you are going to be absolutely curbstomped by adult life.

Now get the fuck off of my board and do not come back.
>>
>>29981375
Kek'd
>>
File: simultaneously.gif (645 KB, 480x180) Image search: [Google]
simultaneously.gif
645 KB, 480x180
>>29978536
i was just thinking about this book's plot the other day in traffic. its probably stopped a bunch of movies with that theme being made due to copyright concerns.
>>
>>29978536
A lot of cities invest a lot in detection for these things too there are detectors all over NYC and the DHS is doing a study on basically this plot but in the Subway system
>>
I think Rainbow Six was the scariest book I have ever read. What the terrorists did to their test subjects haunts me.
>>
>>29981313
>But all it really takes is someone motivated and not afraid of any consequences
Exactly who I meant.
>>29981271
>shit tier books
subjective
>the world is not full of cartoon villains
it only takes one
>>
>>29978536
>anthrax, mad cows disease, zika, ebolachan
None of those are airborne diseases
>>
>>29978536
Viruses are double edged swords. No matter how far away your enemy is, there's always a significant chance that it's going to come back and infect you. The only exception is if you, say, are besieging a city and can shit upstream of them. That's a potentially effective form of biological warfare since you're using water-borne contamination to a water supply you do not share. Anything highly contagious or airborne is very, very high risk.

As for mustard gas and such, people do use it. ISIS has repeatedly used improvised mustard gas bombardment.

The problem is it's just really not that super effective. Even in WW1 it was more a weapon of terror than a battle-winner, and that was when it was made industrially and deployed against dense, static positions. In terms of a modern military engagement, the deployment of gas is just not that effective.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.