[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any experiences with the springfield XD ? Thinking about trading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: springfieldxd.png (781 KB, 1200x782) Image search: [Google]
springfieldxd.png
781 KB, 1200x782
Any experiences with the springfield XD ? Thinking about trading in my sig for one.
>>
>>29977806
Croat gun best gun.

Srbe na vrbe, remove slivovitsa.
>>
Don't, keep your sig it's atleast better then anything XD, if you can't glock then try M&P.
>>
>>29977806
It's the worlds most 5/10 gun there is. It's literally the ultimatum of "okay". It's not great, it's not awful. It makes boolit go bang though.
>>
Fire it before you buy it. I like the idea of a grip safety on a non-1911 but the texturing is just too aggressive for my tastes.
>>
>>29977806

I've had one for about 5 years. Never had any problems, even with dirty steel ammo. More accurate than I am and liked the ergos more than a Glock. Had some FTEs when my friend was limp-wristing.

Good gun for the price. There are better out there though.
>>
Why on earth would you trade a Sig for an XD?
>>
>wanting the leddit gun

Buy three hipoints instead, Learn to fire the third one by tensing your anus to pull a string.
>>
>>29977889
Sigfag BTFO
>>
>>29977806

>springfield XD
>XD

Fuck off with that emoticon shit.
>>
File: Selonian.jpg (218 KB, 813x1224) Image search: [Google]
Selonian.jpg
218 KB, 813x1224
>>29977806
I can honestly say it's the most bafflingly unergonomic fullsize modern handgun I've handled.
Felt somehow simultaneously too thin in places and too thick in others. Guy who owned it worked it though and I have pretty small hands so your results may vary.
Other then that, it's a glock clone like so many before it. it does glocklike things and generally menaces with spikes of glock.
My main real gripe is it's a bargain import from fucking croatia selling for brand name money because "muh springfield"
Springfield armory is generally a pretty cancerous company as well.
>>
>>29977806
Dad has a fullsize 9, shot ~1000 rounds though it no issues at all. Don't like the grip texture but it's a reliable gun from what I see, just like any striker gun that comes out nowadays.

Really no real reason you should get one over an m&p or even a glock.
>>
>>29978648

Why is Han Solo fighting a river otter?
>>
File: lazor.jpg (196 KB, 1200x450) Image search: [Google]
lazor.jpg
196 KB, 1200x450
>>29978735
The Star Wars Expanded Universeā„¢
>>
>>29978968
I'm pretty sure that series pictured there was dismissed as non-canon the nanosecond it was released. Not once has a retarded triclops ever been mentioned as being Palpatine's son since.
>>
File: ow_the_edge.jpg (133 KB, 1280x751) Image search: [Google]
ow_the_edge.jpg
133 KB, 1280x751
>>29978988
It's all tears in the rain now, friend.
>>
>>29978648
Brand new they cost half the price of a sig. Your lgs is ripping you off.
>>
>>29979039
I didn't own the thing, I see them cheap from time to time but I see a lot of LGSs selling them for $500+
Honestly, even when it's cheap it's not really worth it. It's a $350-400 gun
>>
>>29979066
I'm in CA and they are $450 new. Unless you are using it as a heavy use training gun then you get similar performance for half the price.
>>
My friend is left handed, so it his only choice. His wife is righty, so he wanted a gun equally useful for them both. I believe HK or FN have some ambidextrous models but cost quite a bit more.

Switching the mag release wasn't something he wanted to do
>>
>>29977806
You'd be an idiot to trade any sig for that gun.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-16-21-47-22.png (168 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-16-21-47-22.png
168 KB, 480x800
>>29977806
I've had one for about a year and a half with 900 something rounds through. Not a single fucking problem.

Pic related is next on my list
>>
I've shot a few. They seem reliable and otherwise unexceptional. The long model was really accurate for me, but I haven't tried comparable long barreled Glock or M&P guns. I like the ergonomics better than Glocks.

They're all-around acceptable but unexceptional, imo. They don't have the low profile of a Glock so I see no reason to choose the XD unless you can't scrounge up $200 extra and need a gun today.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.