[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Innawoods Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Afternoon /k/. I' e seen many eoods threads but mainly in North America. I will shos you the landscscape of ghe commonwealth PR. There are many abandoned ranches and propertied here, there may be stuff to find. In the meantime share your stories innawoods
>>
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>29977560
River area, ground is vert loose, thus I had to walk carefully and not put too much weight in my feet otherwise the ground would sink
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29977659
>>
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>29977708
getting close, the thigh high grass, sharp thorns and wet mud from the rain two days ago makes it difficult to get there
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2446x3220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2446x3220
>>29977882
Encountered some feral dogs at a distance while crossing the river again. Thy left fresh track prints.
>>
>>29977659

Almost sunk up to my neck in mud like that while hunting with my uncle a few years ago was scary as fuck. Went and got out when I remembered if you use your back and do like a backstroke I learned off a survival show you can make it out
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29978236
Was quite a walk but I managed to get into the abandoned area. Seems like there's a presence of squatters since the olace seems to have some organization, and the door on the side is locked
>>
>>29978379
Ah nice. What were the hunting grounds like and what were animals where guys hunting?
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29978415
Seems there's signs of use around here. Ntothing interesting other than spare parts of plumbing materials, wood, scrap metal roofing and old dried wood
>>
Keep going, very cool
>>
>>29977560
Have things changed, gunwise, since the courts said the 2a applies to you?
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29978638
>>29978579
OP here, sorry for taking too long, I lost cellular service in the area and am currently at home after a few hours of walking through chest length grass and getting stuck in some hidden mud and rain water holes. Anyhow, nothing has chenged since the government appealed the judge's decision. It's been about three or four months already in the casewith the Commonwealth Supreme Court. We haven't gotten word but the 2000 Firearms Act still applies here. We only had Constitutional Carry and Federal Minimum for a day until the government's quick response. Hances are it's going to end up in the US Supreme Court
>>
>>29979792
As for the scavenging, the property was much larger depsite the develop site, there was a lot of littered bathroom appliances and such like bath tubs, toilets, sinks, etc. There was certainly a presence of squatters claimig the area after finding recently brought items such as building materials, some tools that I already have, etc.
>>
>>29977560
pretty hard for me here in north ohio, its all suburbs and cities.

I have to go to south ohio during the summertime every year to get my dose of innawoods.
>>
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 718x941) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 718x941
>>29979885
How are the woods over there in southern Ohio? Is it partially plains and mix of continental? Over here in my area its mainly tropical, plains, then big ass bamboo everywhere when the river is close by. They're very good for home makinng, and climbing up steep areas, I used it to get up on that abandones makeshift home
>>
>>29979951
its quite the struggle.

The woods are thick as hell, ticks are a problem.

But there aren't much in the way of predators, and when I do find some good open woods its usually a nice spot I can chill at. I just wish I lived in Georgia or Kentucky, so I can have more access to some nice deep woods.

But yeah, if you are going to ohio woods, check yourself for ticks every hour.
>>
>>29980015
I see, here we have to be careful for snakes, possibly rabid mongooses, poisonous spiders (Always check for webs in dark and covered areas) and aggressive ant species like fire ants in the bamboo thicket/plains area. Iguanas are also present but they'll usually run away. Ticks are sort of rare unless feral dogs or loose horses and/or cows crossed by. Most of the time, its usually stinging types of plants that are a nuisance in the tall grass areas, other than that,
>>
File: 2016-05-17 (1).png (1 MB, 1137x679) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-17 (1).png
1 MB, 1137x679
Used to go innaswamp a while back. Old farm house in the area. Nothing notable ever happened but it was nice trying to cross from one end to the other, tree to tree. Did it with some friends any time of the year. Here it is late November. Do remember falling in that time.
>>
File: IMG_6986.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6986.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>Does /k/ go innawoods
I patrol some Appalachian property for signs of drug manufacturers or grow ops, trespassers
>>
File: IMG_7024.jpg (59 KB, 480x324) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7024.jpg
59 KB, 480x324
>>29980597
>>
>>29980597
>>29980665
Bruh, that landscape
>>
>>29980665
I used to grow pot in the mountains. I wouldn't bother looking for pot plants to destroy or report. Most people who go through the trouble to grow and cultivate their own weed are good folks who just want to enjoy the benefits of cannabis without dealing with Tyrone or Jamal.
>>
>>29981377
Not him but Appalachia is a beautiful region. The mountain chain is ancient and heavily eroded, I live in the upper Cumberland area in mid Tennessee, it's sort of an offshoot of the chain. The terrain is very hilly and challenging to traverse, also fossils are easy to find as a lot of old rock is exposed. We also have our own type of small bamboo that likes to grow near creeks, it feels like youre in a jungle during spring/summer
>>
>>29980597
Something kinda related happened to me
>Be me
>Visit pop innawoods in CA
>somewhat remote area, and there were quite a few instances where drug labs were busted
>even dea planes fly over sometimes looking for shit
>He got new plate carriers, decide to do a small hike and try em out with lvl 4 plates
>Lives in a cuck county, so no CC and no open carry, so its just us with PCs and tactical jackets and shit. Everything is OD and color matching, so we look like a pair of FBI operators or some shit
>Hiking down small road near a creek, truck pulls up
>2 fudds open window
>"What are you guys doing?"
>Oh were just going on a hike :)
>"Oh yeah? Where do you live?"
>Nearby. What about you guys?
>"It doesnt matter. This road is private property you know that?"
road is very public and we have friends who live at the bottom of it, so were not worrying about it
>Yeah we know thanks for the tip. Have a nice day :)
>fudds visibly spooked, drive out of there at mach 10
>walk by friend's house, he just waves
>finish hike worried we were going to get ambushed by drug cartel
>decide not to hike anymore in PCs to avoid being shot
>>
>>29982413
Sounds like Anderson Valley.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.