[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New British virtus gear opinions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: virtus.jpg (92 KB, 960x615) Image search: [Google]
virtus.jpg
92 KB, 960x615
I still think the L85 needs to be replaced but the new gears alright, what do you all think?
>>
>>29975931

L85 is cancer
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 600x800
Helmets tip top
Body armours alot sleeker
>https://youtu.be/Tzpld1xnVok

Still waiting for kewl shin/knee guards though
>>
File: 1457308489696.gif (2 MB, 300x182) Image search: [Google]
1457308489696.gif
2 MB, 300x182
>>29976000
If it's so bad why don't they just buy surplus American rifles?

Are they too embarassed?
>>
>>29976297
The A2 versions pretty good though
>>
I agree, there are so many more things we could use.
>>
>>29976000

meme opinion

>>29976297

There's nothing wrong with the current version of the L85.
>>
>>29975931

The Virtus body armour is good, but that's because it's basically just a plate carrier and is a fuckload lighter than osprey. The bergan is shit though, and the spine thing is a gimmick. So in typical defence spending style they've spent millions to come up with what everyone would have just told them to buy in the first place years ago.
>>
File: Virtus Mask 2.jpg (82 KB, 650x402) Image search: [Google]
Virtus Mask 2.jpg
82 KB, 650x402
>>29975931
The vest is actually really good. Lighter than Osprey, it doesn't dig into your neck (apparently. never had this issue with it since I'm not a manlet) helmet is only lighter, but I've heard that the Mk7's have better protection than the Mk8, but it's only battalion rumour. Only one way to test it.

As the other anon said, the bergen is trash and the spine support system is just a hassle which could be easily avoided if manlets manned up and worked out to get broader shoulders

The ballistic mask was a good idea. And no to those who think you're always supposed to wear it everywhere, it's only for vehicle gunners and heavy weapons teams
>>
L85 is fine, no point wasting limited mod money on something that diesbt need replacing
>>
>>29975931
Wow they went with a helmet shape that doesn't look retarded
>>
>>29977628
>>29977829

Opinions may vary, I'd been using a civilian version of the weight distribution system for years on hillwalking before we got it from Virtus, once you find the sweet spot and your own timings it really helps in a sort of unseen way, you don't feel the difference so much because you're shagged anyway at the point that it matters, but if you do some comparitive hillwalks, you really start to notice the distances creep up a little.

Vest is fantastic after Osprey.

Bergan could use a few changes, for certain.

Altogether, better with it than Osprey. Fuck doing the Helmand Shuffle ever again.
>>
>>29975931
>Virtus system
poor cunts.
>>
>>29977829
Get some scrim on that helmet boi
>>
>>29975931

Looks very yankish
>>
>>29975931
So what did they do, replace a system like the IOTV with a plate carrier/plate combo backed by some armor or trauma pads of some kind? I see that the helmet is closer in style to an American one.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.