[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/! I am a relatively new member to the board and am interested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: knots.png (28 KB, 673x871) Image search: [Google]
knots.png
28 KB, 673x871
Hey /k/!
I am a relatively new member to the board and am interested in purchasing a Mosin Nagant sometime soon. Can anyone help me out with where I should get a pre wwii model for a fair or very good price, where I should get ammo, and what I should look for before purchasing.

Pic not related. I'm ok.
>>
Mosins are too long to shoot yourself with anyways. But seriously, you're late to the cheap nugget party by about 5 years.
>>
>>29958464
To be completely honest, Mosins are barely worth it anymore, but if you're set on getting one I recommend either a 91/30 or an M39. The M39's a regarded as the highest quality Mosin style rifles of all time.

I used classicfirearms.com for both my M91/30 and M39.
>>
>>29958481
I know, it hurts. As an addition to that actually, does anyone know of any other types of solid, accurate, affordable rifles?
>>
>>29958492
Thanks! What do you think would be "worth it"? I would like to get a quality, accurate rifle for an affordable price.
>>
>>29958505

Plenty of rifles, Mosin, Savage Axis, Some K98s, K31s would fit that bill.
>>
File: 1462734899580 (1).jpg (27 KB, 440x398) Image search: [Google]
1462734899580 (1).jpg
27 KB, 440x398
>>29958497
How affordable are you talking? If you got around $500 get an AR.

I fell for the meme a week ago and ordered a M&P sport 2, waiting on my ffl to get it. It's if fucking crazy how flooded the market is, I got mine for $499, $530 after shipping and ffl fees. It's insane that they are this cheap.

I originally wanted an sks or AK, but they aren't even worth it anymore. Russian sks's dried up, Yugos are like $430 before shipping or fees. I was looking at Wasr 10/63's and they are $599 on a good day.

They are practically giving away AR's, $500 rifles, $7 mags, it's fucking bonkers.
>>
>>29958626
I would like to have a wooden, solid, accurate rifle. Just as a preference thing. What do you think about options in that category?
>>
>>29958610
thanks man.
>>
>>29958666
No problem.
>>
The only good value gun anymore is the AR

AKs cost more than them, SKS is nearly as much for way less capability and same priced ammo, nuggets are $300 fucking dollars and can't shoot for less than 5.56 or 308 for gods sake

Seriously
I can shoot my FAL cheaper than I can shoot my Nugget
>>
>>29958649
Like >>29958959 said, AR's are the only good vale any more.

I wouldn't bother with a k31, 7.5 swiss is like $1 a round now.

I saw some 8mm mauser for $.51 per, but that is you spend $450 for 900 rounds. Supply dried up like 20 or more years ago iirc.

I'd probably look for a used .308 hunting rifle. .308 is popular unlike 7.5 and 8mm and is like $.38 per round (Tulammo steel cased) and easy to find.

>>29958959
It's sad really. I got a type 53 for a $100 a few years ago, only recently got the time to go out with it, but at the cost of 54r now there is no point.

I'll probably end up selling it for $200 or whatever they are now and put it towards a used ithica 37
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.