[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone here get their concealed carry license online? Am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: IowaConcealed.png (351 KB, 1712x1308) Image search: [Google]
IowaConcealed.png
351 KB, 1712x1308
Did anyone here get their concealed carry license online?

Am I falling for a meme here if I try to get my carry license through this site?
>>
did you bother to check website certificates and credentials? is it https? have you checked google for any sources on legitimacy?
>>
It's like they didn't even try to make it not look like a scam
>>
>>29953567
It seems fine legally from what I've read, I'm mainly wondering if the sheriff is just going to call me a faggot and tell me to "take a real course" if I do it online or something. Rather than waste $80 on it I'd just take an in-person class then.
>>
>>29953546
I did. Also iowafag.

I agree open it felt pretty scammy when I did it, but I definitely have a ccw permit.

I think I used a different website. Let me check.
>>
>>29953590
Thanks senpai.
>>
>>29953588
No the Sherriff can't do shit if it's a certified training place. Here is the one I used:
https://www.mycarrypermit.com/

I picked it for being the cheapest one (I think I had a groupon).
Anyway it worked like this.
Go online, fill some shit out for the permit application on a state website ( or maybe County website? ). Then did the online course. Yes it's as dumb as you probably think it is. When I passed the online test they emailed me a pdf of a cheesy looking training cert to print out.

A week or so later, the automated permit system website emailed me to tell me the permit was ready.

Then just had to walk into the sheriff's office, show ID and training certificate ( which no one looked twice at) get my picture taken for the ID card, and they printed it out.

The whole time I felt like the online process was too easy and I was missing something, but it worked fine.

Polk County BTW. I don't know if other counties use the same process. They all have to accept the same training programs though. State law.
>>
And I looked at my email archive again. the application website was County specific. Polk County uses a vendor called permitium to process applictions. Idk if all the other counties do as well. Some your process might vary a little. I imagine some smaller counties still use paper.
>>
>>29953664
Alright, thanks. That site is even half the price of the one I was looking at, so even better. It does sound very scammy, but as long as they'll take it, whatever.

I wonder what is different about Carroll county.

>>29953700
I'm in Linn County, and this is there list of what constitutes and approved course. It looks like this would fit under point 2.

I can't imagine Linn being much more liberal/anti-gun than Polk, but I'll set up an account on that site and see what it says. Thanks.
>>
File: scrot2.png (110 KB, 740x363) Image search: [Google]
scrot2.png
110 KB, 740x363
>>29953746
forgot pic
>>
>>29953759
I haven't got mine yet, but my uncle said they just accepted his dd214, they don't care about small weapons training.

I only have pulled the vet card to avoid hunter safety course requirement for hunting.
>>
>>29953868
Yeah I'm reading the info on mycarrypermit now while I'm waiting for turnleft to start, it seems like they have all their ducks in a row.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.