[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>SAS reserve assessment is coming up Can anyone give me some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 6786786876786868.png (153 KB, 744x1024) Image search: [Google]
6786786876786868.png
153 KB, 744x1024
>SAS reserve assessment is coming up

Can anyone give me some general pointers? I've heard that there's no way to know if you will make it or not.
>>
>>29953261
You think anyone on /k/ has joined the paras, let alone the SAS?

The fuck you expect me to say? "Get used to running"? "Don't say anything weird to the colour"? Nigger, if you're asking for help, and an unrelated anonymous imageboard at that, god help you.
>>
>>29953294
Some people on /k/ (I presume) have military experience. The SAS reserves accept people with no military experience. I'm just looking for general pointers on things.
Considering I'm not joining the actual SAS, just the reserves, I figure it'd be more inline with standard military guides therefore people with military experience can give pointers.
>>
>>29953400
If you are joining the SAS reserves you willhave to meet their high fucking standards. Just because they are reserves does not mean they will lower standards. Every single thing the regular SAS guys have to do, you will as well.
>>
>>29953511

Reserve SAS don't do jungle training thanks to cuts
>>
>>29953825
No you won't jungle train, but you will still be sent yomping round Dartmoor in the dead of night.
>>
>>29953261
There are no real tips anyone here can give except be as fit as possible, know the role of your unit and what sort of training to expect. They will quiz you hard.
>>
>>29953261

Check ARRSE

https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Selection
>>
>>29953942

Do regular SAS look down on reserve SAS?
>>
>>29953988
Not being a member of either I would not know, but from what I have read they see the reserves as a shortcut. Just be the best soldier you can be and do not give them an excuse to bin you.
>>
>>29954000

A shortcut to regular SAS?
>>
>>29954034
It used to be the case that you could move directly from the reserves to 22 SAS, this is how Chris Ryan got in.
>>
http://gonzoj.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sas-survival-handbook-revised-edition.pdf
>>
>>29954069

Why did it change?
>>
File: IMG_2243.jpg (84 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2243.jpg
84 KB, 528x960
>>29953294
Not really

/actualbongPara/ here
>>
>>29953261
>Can anyone give me some general pointers? I've heard that there's no way to know if you will make it or not.

why aren't you running right now?
>>
Despite what people will say, the mental side of things is really what matters. I attempted the reserves a few years back and failed. I was there physically but just wasn't there mentally. You can't just 'want' to get in...your entire life needs to be centered around 'I WILL GET IN'. I accepted that I just didn't want it enough at the time.
>>
>>29953261
make sure you know the color of the boat house.
>>
>>29955177
>Why did it change?
I do not know if it has, as I said I have never served in either unit.
>>
>>29955537
This.
>>
>>29955530

Why the paras and not royal marines?
>>
>>29955815
>Why the paras and not royal marines?
You could also reverse that question, maybe he did not want to get stuck on a ship for 6-12 months at a time.
>>
>>29955850
or suck dick
>>
>>29955530
Got a picture with a pegasus trf? And timestamp?
>>
>>29953400
What sqn you going for big lad?
>>
>>29955815
Tradition. Come from a heavily army-fuel'd family. Father, grandfather, greatgrandfather etc etc where all army. Para's seemed the best when I went to the recruiting office, and there was better pay, as well as more excitement.

But truth be told, the main reason for me joining the para's was because merville barracks is only 15 minutes away from where I live, so I could go home after night parade finishes when all the other lads have to sleep in garrison
>>
>>29955878
if this thread is still up tomorrow when I get home, I will post one
>>
>>29955905
>after night parade finishes

You have to do drill and march every night in the British army? Fuck that
>>
>>29955942
Fair one. You been with 2 the whole time or rotated through other battalions?
>>
>>29955968
Parade means formation. It's not literal
>>
>>29955850
>to get stuck on a ship for 6-12 months

Sounds awesome being the badass royal marine onboard, could probably bang every female on the ship.
>>
>>29955984
>could probably bang every female on the ship.
Only if the marine is as stupid as the jokes suggest, women getting pregnant in the navy to avoid ship duties is a very real problem.
>>
>>29953825

They do if they use that funky back route to work with 22.

But that's getting rarer and rarer these days now that the operational drawdown is meaning Them is the only place to go shooty shooty bang bang overseas.
>>
>>29955970
Always been 2bn. Went as detail reserve for 1bn Coldstream guards, P Platoon during herrick 19 because they didn't have any training jumpmasters to spare but other than that, no
>>
>>29955687

Underrated post.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.