[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been wanting an 92 series Beretta for awhile. After
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: m9a3_zoom003.jpg (37 KB, 840x577) Image search: [Google]
m9a3_zoom003.jpg
37 KB, 840x577
I've been wanting an 92 series Beretta for awhile. After figuring out what I wanted, it seems like the most inexpensive options is just getting an M9A3 decocker model. I thought about buying a Vertec and having it converted or buying a 92G and having the frame reduced, but in the end it would be about the same price. Or rather, for the prices I've seen M9A3s going for, if anyone ever had them in stock.

Just wanted to know if anyone has one, what they think, like or dislike, how much they paid. And i guess a general Beretta 92 thread.
>>
W E W L A D S
E
W
L
A
D
S
>>
>>29952855

So uh, thanks for the bump but I don't get the meme.
>>
>>29952496
I would be a lot more interested in an M9A3 if they came in an all black finish. The FDE color looks like it's trying too hard to be tacticool.
>>
>>29952496
I want one very badly as a side arm to match my SCAR
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (296 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
296 KB, 1920x1080
>>29952887

I'm not a fan of the tan, but it's not a big enough deal to turn me off. Especially when all the other options cost as much or more.

Also I just noticed that pre-production ones had a much darker frame. I think that looks better.
>>
>>29952868
no problem (WEW) memester
>>
>>29952496
Sounds like you made your decision OP. Do eet. Kind of an expensive gun, but if you like Beretta's it shouldn't be an issue.

Also comes in a neato case.
>>
>>29952904
Damn, they are sexy indeed.

What are the steps required to get a silencer if I already have a CC license/mil background?
Don't feel googling. I live in a gun friendly state too.
>>
>>29953037
You gotta stop by the Dept. of Go Fuck Yourself.
>>
>>29953034

I'm signed up for at least a dozen sites. So as soon as a decocker model comes back in stock, I probably will. The price is a little more than I would like, but it's not out of line with comparable guns.
>>
Decocker is for pussies who cant handle the mentality for a glock
>>
>>29953108

Interesting opinion. I would disagree though. If the lever were placed differently I wouldn't mind the safety version. I've never been able to comfortably move the safety with my firing hand, which is what I'm most familiar with. So since I don't care for that set up the decocker makes the most sense to me.
>>
>>29953159
>Beretta Babby defending their saftey switch because they cant handle the responsibility of having a pistol without one

You fucking faggots should stick to airsoft
>>
>>29953228

Nah you don't get the same pleasure from airsoft guns. Although I do wish Beretta would make a model with a frame mounted safety that wasn't so expensive. They clearly have the ability to do so, and it seems like enough people want it. Not sure what the hold up is.
>>
>>29953228
>Autistic fag posts obligatory "GLAWK" in a pistol thread.
>Anon intelligently offers why he likes the other pistol better.
>Glocksucker responds with cuck and other stupid insults.

Glock fanboys are the fucking worst, with 1911 fans coming in at 2nd.
>>
File: bestgirl.jpg (706 KB, 1355x900) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.jpg
706 KB, 1355x900
>>29953271
Italians like to keep and mantain functional designs even if they are old. They stilled used the Cr.42 in WWII. A biplane, that while outdated in design, could still knuckledust the fuck out of other fighters. At the same time they had the Mc.202 and Mc.205, which are touted by some as superior to the Bf.109, P-51, and Spitfire
>>
>>29953293
Mirin' that keychain
>>
>>29953293
You masterbate to that Victoria secret?

I miss the good old days.
>>
>>29953315
... thats my wifes coupon book
>>29953308
Yeah. Need to make my Revy hand guards
>>
>>29952904
I saw a guy on gun broker with 10 or 20 M9A3 "clones". Pretty loose fucking sense of clone considering they were all basic bitch 92fs and M9s FDE'd to hell. That was it. No new sights or beveled may well, nothing
>>
>>29953108
Ah yes the "safe action" which acceles at mediocrity. You sure are living live on the edge.you slip 3.5# kit in there yet? How long before you graduate to SAA
>>
>>29953274
>Glock fanboys are the fucking worst, with 1911 fans coming in at 2nd

Incorrect. The gun doesn't matter, it's all about the voracity of the fanboy
>>
>>29952496

Most people would advise against the shaving milling down the frame. You'll probably be paying out the ass for a machinist/gunsmith to mill it properly without fucking anything up and then checkering and refinishing the backstrap.

I'm pretty sure the Elite is already a G-type so you don't have to spend money converting it which means with the A3 you'll have drop the extra dosh for the G kit. The main thing that the A3 has going for it is the threaded barrel. But if you don't plan on getting a suppressor and buying/loading your own subsonic rounds or installing some other ridiculous muzzle device then that shouldn't matter to you. The Elite also has the Brigadier slide, but that's really a security blanket detail which reduces it to more of an aesthetic choice. The Elite however lacks the internal buffer seen on newer 92 models.

Personally I feel the A3 is just too expensive now and it's role is relegated to a collector or hardcore Beretta fan. Also, I wouldn't pass up a good deal an a regular F-type just get a G sometime down the road.
>>
File: EDC-2016-04-14.jpg (2 MB, 4752x2568) Image search: [Google]
EDC-2016-04-14.jpg
2 MB, 4752x2568
>>29952496
They are fucking sexy guns.

I thought I would want/need the G model or conversion, but I've actually found it to be just fine as-is.

They're smooth, good shooters, and awesome overall.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.