[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PF9 vs LC9S Pro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1463274083494.jpg (55 KB, 746x595) Image search: [Google]
1463274083494.jpg
55 KB, 746x595
So, convince me of one or the other. I am pretty close to buying my first CC and I've narrowed it down to these two options. Which is better? Why?

Leaning toward the PF9 for the .02" less than the LC9S
>>
shield
>>
Theres a lack of flat women in girls with guns threads.
>>
>>29951522
Well one is made by the second best American firearms company and the other is a piece of utter dogshit made in fucking florida by people who live in fucking florida, OP.
>>
>>29951534
>flat women
It's "girls" with guns, not men with guns.
>>
>>29951544
You can't explain why one is better or worse than the other without memes.
>>
>>29951522
>selecting something with a shit reliability record over something with an outstanding record over .02 inches

It literally won't make a difference. Try to measure .02
>>
>>29951589
You don't know what a meme is.

OP go with the best aftermarket support and best current manufacturer reputation. Those two things are the universal tie breaker.
>>
>>29951558

Flat chested girls are still girls.
>>
>>29951522
I'm hopelessly drawn to those tits...what?
>>
>>29951661
Flat chest = low test

No.
>>
>PF9 vs LC9S Pro
>shield

>>29951522
I hope you are paying attention to this and do not ignore it because it is not in your limited list of pre-selected carry weapons.

I am not >>29951532
However, I STRONGLY agree with this poster.
>>
Haven't shot through PF9 but I cc a LC9Spro. The trigger is too light, but ergonomic are good for me, small groups at 20yards and is comfortable to carry. No FTF or FTE in 500 rounds.
>>
If you can find a PPS for cheap they're pretty good. Shields are good too, they just didn't feel right in my hands.
>>
File: Walther-PPS-M2-1024x798[1].jpg (217 KB, 931x646) Image search: [Google]
Walther-PPS-M2-1024x798[1].jpg
217 KB, 931x646
PPS M2.

You know the Germans make good stuff.
>>
>>29951670
>wanting women with testicleosterone
Stop bringing traps into /k/
>>
>>29951522
Lots of people have carried the PF9 and used it to dispatch some of the most vicious "youths" on the streets and in back alleys around the state of Florida. That doesn't mean that it's a fantastic carry gun. They aren't made to be super durable or super shootable. The trigger is a pre-cocked double action only type, which is not terrible, but not great either. Any Kel-tec can jam from time to time, depending on if you got a lemon, if you're using the wrong ammo, or if you look at it wrong. Go to any Kel-tec forum, and approx. 50% of the topics are about some sort of problem with one of their firearms or else some sort of tutorial for a "fluff and buff" to fix a jamming gun.

Rugers tend to be built noticeably better than Kel-tecs, as a rule. That doesn't mean that they are as good as it gets - you may still find QC oversights, rough machining marks, or some other sort of issue. However, these issues WILL be more minor and less frequent than anything you'll find with a Kel-tec. I carry an LCP Custom (my second LCP) and the gun has never jammed. I also own several Ruger P-series pistols and they all run like race horses. I've handled an LC9s in a store and the trigger was very nice, but I have heard some reports of owners running into minor issues with them, such as accidentally engaging the slide release while shooting (due to recoil), causing the slide to lock back on a loaded magazine. I tend to believe stories like this...it would be just like Ruger to release a gun to the public that hadn't been fully beta-tested and proven without a shadow of a doubt to be free of any issues.

So, of your two choices, I'd go with the Ruger, but....
(1/2)
>>
>>29953725
(2/2)
...if it were me, I would (and did) get a completely different option as my ideal single stack nine. What I own and carry most often is a Sig P938, and I think it's just awesome. Great trigger, very good weight, and awesome size. If you look around on Gunbroker, you can find new ones these days for only $550, so they're not that expensive anymore. The Glock 43, Walther PPSM2 and Shield-9 would also be high on my list, although neither the G43 I tried in a store nor my father's Shield-40 have what I'd call "excellent" triggers. I have not handled a PPS, but suspect it would have a slightly better trigger than the Glock. One thing I can say about the Shield, though, is I never had an issue when shooting it of the slide accidentally locking back on a loaded magazine. The gun feels much better designed than the pattern Ruger uses for their little single stack pistols.
>>
>>29953521
so much this
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.