[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think about this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: elite-squad-557e8999b1ed0.jpg (389 KB, 1000x1426) Image search: [Google]
elite-squad-557e8999b1ed0.jpg
389 KB, 1000x1426
I personally believe its fucking great and i have watched it many times along with its sequels. But i want to here you're guy's opinion since i live in a nogunz country and people here think i am a maniac for liking it.
>>
File: m101orEjFg1r8mp63o1_500-1.jpg (27 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
m101orEjFg1r8mp63o1_500-1.jpg
27 KB, 500x270
>>29950710
>based Capt Nascimento
I really enjoyed both 1/2. Rarely can I say that for a movie, especially these days with the shit that is being made. Nascimeto
>>
>>29950856

I agree, there are a few movies that i watch many times over, brazilian action movies are really good and their actors are amazing
>>
>>29950710
>sequels
theres more than one sequel?
>>
>>29950946
meant sequel, sorry
>>
Wagner Moura is my favorite Brazilian actor after seeing him in "O Homem do Futuro" so Tropa de Elite is on my frequent watch list.
The last shoot out of the second one is a great scene!
>>
File: 800px-NTFD_P250-3.jpg (59 KB, 800x337) Image search: [Google]
800px-NTFD_P250-3.jpg
59 KB, 800x337
>>29950886
Yeah Brazilians and Koreans really have got me back into action movies desu. Kinda said fuck them but then started watching the usual go to Korean action movies and was hooked. pic and link related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdNVwUxM0Q
>>
>>29950710
It's nothing special. BOPE are portrayed as supersoldiers immune to bullets, but that's understandable since it's a patriotic movie.
>>
File: Xerife Brasileiro.jpg (72 KB, 619x464) Image search: [Google]
Xerife Brasileiro.jpg
72 KB, 619x464
>>29951527
that's not the impression I got of it all. It came across very well that they are very well-trained badasses but still get killed from being in fucked situations
>>
>>29951527

I beleive its more then that, if it were trully patriotic it wouldn't mention the amount of corruption Brazil has in the police as well as in the government, in the last movie Nascimento actually fought against the system and the corruption of politicians who where infiltrated in illegal shit in the favelas.
>>
>>29950996
he's a really good actor, specially in tropa de elite.
which is funny because he's a nogunz liberal faggot irl
>>
>>29951527
Did you even watch the movie?

Multiple officers die in it m8, they're definitely not portraying it that way.
>>
one of my favorite movies

I always appreciated how the main gunfight happens because a low level corrupt cop is about to be punished by the high level corrupt cops for something that low level honest cops did and without hesitation the honest cops grab their rifles.

actually I think I am going to watch it again today

ba ba baa ba ba baa ba baa baaa baaaaa
>>
>>29951606
>It came across very well that they are very well-trained badasses but still get killed from being in fucked situations

They pretty poorly actually. Brazil is a poor country and has no money for training. They simply hired an American instructor from the Marines to teach them MOUT, then they copied it, modified it(as in made it less effective and more suicidal) and claimed it as their own favela cleaning tactic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2kR_PbpiWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPn1IaxNOQ0

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-05-21/man-shot-dead-after-police-mistake-drill-for-uzi/835222

>>29953794
You have to understand that Brazilians get off corruption. The only thing they worship is the military dictatorship(which is what BOPE represents), they call the actual government a "communist dictatorship" and claim all the corruption problems stems from this government. This is why they masturbate to the idea of BOPE killing criminals and punching a politician in the face. Politicians in Brazil are untouchable Gods, laws don't even apply to them.

>>29954035
Only 1 died, and it was while he was off duty and doing a good deed for some favela kid. Basically implying that the only way to kill a BOPE supersoldier is to catch him off guard. Same thing in the second one. Apparently the back of the head is BOPE's weak point.
>>
File: 1449536900793.jpg (97 KB, 738x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449536900793.jpg
97 KB, 738x1024
>>29950996
Good in Narcos too.

>>29951606
Whoa, I always thought pic related was legit...although I guess the 1942 date stamp and the FAL should've tipped me off.

>>29954231
My GOD that intro scene is the tits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEhGlCMMqyk
>ywn party with brazilian qt3.14s while one-handing a full-auto M16
>>
>>29955489

>Only 1 died, and it was while he was off duty and doing a good deed for some favela kid. Basically implying that the only way to kill a BOPE supersoldier is to catch him off guard. Same thing in the second one. Apparently the back of the head is BOPE's weak point.

actually, atleast in the second movie a couple Of duty Bope officers get killed protecting Nascimento while they were fighting.

>You have to understand that Brazilians get off corruption. The only thing they worship is the military dictatorship(which is what BOPE represents), they call the actual government a "communist dictatorship" and claim all the corruption problems stems from this government. This is why they masturbate to the idea of BOPE killing criminals and punching a politician in the face. Politicians in Brazil are untouchable Gods, laws don't even apply to them.

Isn't that how the majority of people think? that the government is the enemy and their fascist? Atleast that's how students see it across the globe.

>They pretty poorly actually. Brazil is a poor country and has no money for training. They simply hired an American instructor from the Marines to teach them MOUT, then they copied it, modified it(as in made it less effective and more suicidal) and claimed it as their own favela cleaning tactic.

i don't know about that, you are probably right but Favela warfare is different from American warfare, i don't think the U.S has employed that tactic in a real favela or slum before.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.