[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 1462202776159.jpg (33 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1462202776159.jpg
33 KB, 400x300
Didnt see one up.

I live in California, and I shipped some of my more expensive guns out of state with my mom when she moved via car to WI. I did it because my roomate at the time was getting hard into some bad shit and I didn't feel comfortable having them around, even in a safe. Now my living situation is different, how do I go about having her ship them back? Just have her to a ffl and transfer it back?
>>
http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

you can find your answer somewhere here on the left hand side.
>>
>>29948960

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/0501-firearms-top-10-qaspdf/download

Look at Question 6. Don't know if its different for you folks in the People's Republic but its a start.
>>
>>29949135
No handguns.
All long guns I had living in Cali
All are Cali legal.
Do I just ship them to an ffl? From WI?
>>
>>29948960
Did you transfer ownership or did you just send them with her?
If you just sent them take a few days and go pick them up. No ffl needed.
>>
>>29949154
I just sent them with her.
I'm not going to drive there....
>>
Why are human loaders mostly faster than autoloaders ?
>>
What is the easiest way for an 18 year old with semi anti funs parents to get an a cheap ar 15? They'll allow me to get the rifle while living with them but neither will buy the lower reciever otherwise I would just assemble a psa. I've seen a few cheap dpms oracles, how are they quality wise.
>>
>>29949150
DO NOT SHIP THEM THROUGH FFL

If they are your guns, you are legally allowed to ship them to yourself, even into Cali.

An FFL will ship them to another FFL and then the paperwork starts. This becomes a transfer at this point and you will have to pay uneccessary fees and wait ten days to get them, just like a purchase.

Just mail them directly to yourself, avoid confusion and headaches.
>>
>>29949661
Yeah just walk in to the post office and announce "I have a gun".
>>
>>29949681
you probably shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.

any ups or fedex will accept firearm shipments. you are SUPPOSED to let them know there are firearms in the package, but federal law prohibits any markings on the outside of the package stating such.
>>
Don't be lazy and just drive up there and pick them up. If you get pulled over just say you went up on a shooting/hunting trip. Unless you have a lot of time and money don't use an FFL.
>>
File: 1460290892947.jpg (177 KB, 731x1120) Image search: [Google]
1460290892947.jpg
177 KB, 731x1120
Anybody know where to buy .30 short range repro or if homemade would be a good idea?

I tried searching around and one of the first posts on .30-30 plinking or fast rounds was "something something .30-30 has been around for a hundred years it's been perfected your an idiot just buy an AR" yet .30 short range exist-ed and so do 50gr 9mm.

What's stopping me from double charging or light charging a .30-30 case is that I'm a newbie to reloading.
>>
Should I get an Armscor GI model 1911, 5 inch?
>>
>>29949658
Can't you get a receiver by yourslef ? Mill one if you're desperate.
>>
>>29949960
Nah its 21 to buy a lower for possibility of making a pistol.

It was in the last qtddtot thread but there was an 18 yo exception
>>
File: dsc_0741.jpg (143 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0741.jpg
143 KB, 1024x681
I want a stainless USP.

Can I buy a regular one and have someone strip the finish off the slide?

Can I buy a compensator like a USP Match has anywhere?
>>
I've got a yugo sks that I'm trying to remove the grenade launcher. I took out the pin but can't unscrew it. What should I do? Is it reverse threaded?
>>
Cant decide.

Build kick ass computer ( $4500) and buy a cz evo

Build an ok computer and buy a b&t acp 45.

Build no computer, buy a full retard ( probably a mac with a lage kit)
>>
>>29951161
You shouldn't spend more than $2k on your computer.
>>
>>29951161
yeah d00d, 4500 on a comp is way overkill
>>29951411
2k is MORE than enough, not sure why you would ever want to spend so much on a comp
>>
File: dsc02844.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (258 KB, 800x516) Image search: [Google]
dsc02844.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
258 KB, 800x516
How exactly do I go about purchasing a firearm from an online storefront?

Do I need to go get my FFL's information first so I can fill it in on the website, or do I get something from the seller I can send to my FFL or what?
>>
>>29951614
When you check out, put the shipping address as your ffl, if your ffl is worth his salt, his info should be on hand at that vendor. If not, you'll receive an email asking for his info, in which you can have him send it to them.
>>
>>29951161
>No FAL-chan
>>
>>29950722
There's no age limit for buying an 80% blank. As far as the ATF is concerned it's just a piece of metal.
>>
Has anyone had a round "cook off" in an AR or related weapon?
>>
>>29951411
And magazines shouldnt hold more than 10rds.

>>29951419
No one needs more than a double barrel shotgun for home defense
>>
>>29953498
You don't understand, you're literally throwing money away with NO GAIN by spending that much on a computer that's going to be obsolete in ~5 years anyway.

You can always spot someone who has no idea what they're talking about when they think they need to spend anything over $3000 on a PC.

Over $2000 is beyond hobbyist grade but I can see how you'd manage, $4500 is just retardation.
>>
File: ScreenHunter_135 May. 15 10.59.jpg (184 KB, 1051x787) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_135 May. 15 10.59.jpg
184 KB, 1051x787
>>29953519

spent ~2100 on a PC that I assembled from parts over thanksgiving 2014. it was worth every penny.
>>
>>29953519
Dont know what he does with his computer.

Maybe he wants 4k gaming. (sli 1080 will be 1200$+)

Maybe he does compute/rendering and wants a pascal or a 10core+ xenon

Dude wants to drop 5k on a computer. Fine.

I say buy the bt acp.
>>
>>29949661
This guy gave the correct answer. An FFL is used for sales not a transfer between mother and son. Mom and dad, son or daughter, being the only legal individuals you can transfer guns to anyway in California. Mailing between States under those circumstances wouldn't count as interstate trafficking. Mom can mail your CA owned guns to you though UPS ground easy, I'd ask her to box them up and go to the UPS store. USPS will do it too. Tell them what they are if obvious rifles but there's no laws being broken and you can say they are unregulated "pre-1898 antique firearms" to avoid any potential legal fears on their part, civil war muskets and whatnot. Very common to mail guns.
>>
http://www.southernohiogun.com/php-mv-9-9mm-pistol.html

Should I get one?
>>
>>29953498
>need

You figgity fucking faggot
>>
Does anyone else's mosin shoot high at 50 and 100? Like much higher than it should. I'm getting like 2 to 2.5in high at 50yds.
>>
How do you mask the serial number on a firearm when taking a picture? (On your computer, not placing tape on top of it)

inb4 paint
>>
How to deodorize old milsurp canvas?

Like old mag belts or carriers and canvas slings. They stink to high heaven of musty, moldiness.

Washing, like in a machine, is not really an option as they'll end up being to small to be used.
>>
>>29955153
I second this question, got something that smelled like cat piss.
>>
>>29955148

download GIMP, use the pixelise filter

https://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/plug-in-pixelize.html
>>
File: QTDDTOT.jpg (278 KB, 1170x1204) Image search: [Google]
QTDDTOT.jpg
278 KB, 1170x1204
I need recomendations on,

Knifes to carry on plate carrier
Location to put it

No real budget but i'm looking for something on the smaller end.

>inb4 google
>>
>>29954991
Yes, definitely. Are you shooting with a bayonet attached?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.