[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broken M70a pistol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: m70a.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
m70a.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
I bought a new century arms M70a and the slide locks back on every shot. Also on a few occasions the slide has flown off while releasing the slide. I've also noticed that the magazine sticks out a good 1/8th of an inch and pushing the mag up seems to help keep it from jamming for a few rounds. Has anyone had any of these problems and should I send it back or attempt to fix it?
>>
Send it back
>>
>>29948415
Try disassembling it, then reassembling it again.
Seems like an issue with the slide stop.
>>
>>29948415
After a good disassembly and inspection, if nothing obvious that can be "fixed" stands out, send it back.
>>
>>29948491
Ok, I'll request a shipping tag from century
>>29948495
I've done this many times already
>>
File: yarp.jpg (89 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
yarp.jpg
89 KB, 540x720
>>29948415
The slide lock back is a sign of a weak slide retaining clip.

The slide flown off thing is a sign of pic related.
>>
>>29948565
The image is fucking hilarious and I saved it for that reason. Anyway, is it worth trying to bend the retaining clip to make it tighter? Also when the slide flew off it scared the shit out of me because it landed with a round in the chamber and barrel pointed back at me.
>>
>>29948415
Please post a picture of YOUR gun. If the slide is flying off when you release the slide, then the barrel isn't being retained by the takedown lever, which suggests that either a) the gun has been heavily modified to the point of rendering it inoperable, or b) the gun was assembled incorrectly or is missing parts.
>>
>>29948617
ok, let me get it out of the case and take pics. It will take a few minutes.
>>
>>29948598
If you can bend the retaining clip inwards, it works better. I am not sure how long it will work better for, but it worked for my TTC.
>>
File: IMG_0078[1].jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0078[1].jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29948617
>>
File: IMG_0079[1].jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0079[1].jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29948617
>>29948687
>>
>>29948712
Hmm, I was half expecting that little linked retaining ring on the barrel to be snapped. You're sure that the takedown pin is going through that ring every time you reassemble the gun?
>>
>>29948734
His question, plus your retaining pin does look a bit splayed.
>>
>>29948778
retaining clip i mean.

Derp.
>>
>>29948734
do you have to pull the slide back a little but to get the takedown pin to fit back in?
>>
>>29948778
It looks way worse in the picture but is a tad loose.
>>
>>29948823
You should be looking through the hole in the frame to make sure that the ring attached to the barrel is correctly aligned with the hole in the frame. It's been a while since I owned a tokarev, but I think you should be able to get the pin started with the slide roughly "in battery," maybe with it pulled back from that point just 1/8" or less.
>>
>>29948872
It supplies to spring tension to keep the slide from locking back after a shot.

If it is loose, it'll lock back.
>>
>>29948881
looking at it I see no way I could put the takedown pin back in front or behind the hole.
>>
>>29948927
I took a pair of pliers and made tightened the retaining clip. Tomorrow I'll see if it works and if it doesn't I'll send it back to century.
>>
>>29948415
get a new mag.
>>
>>29949230
It came with two and I've had problems with both plus a spare mag is super hard to find and is expensive.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.