[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is carrying a rifle on your side like that actually a thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: dat boi.jpg (156 KB, 456x641) Image search: [Google]
dat boi.jpg
156 KB, 456x641
Is carrying a rifle on your side like that actually a thing? If so whats it called?
>>
Uncomfortable
>>
>>29947849
No.

You sling your rifle on your back. once you git good it's easy to grab, like a gun slinger.
>>
>>29947849
>what's it called?

Whatever that stupid ass open carry movement a little while back was called.
>>
>>29947849
With one point sling you can do that. Only reason to do it is if you need to do something with both hands or want to draw your sidearm. Moving with it like that is uncomfortable as fuck, introduces sand to the barrel and drops your mag when it hits something.
>>
I've actually carried my rifle like that for years, i find it is better with the magizine facing upwards tho it keeps the weapon mostly stationary while moving and running and allows to quickly be drawn by grabbing the stock and bringing it to your shoulder it can be almost as quick as a pistol draw
>>
>>29947849
Yes and no.
Yes its a thing that is done. No it is not portrayed correctly.
When you have a single point sling or tactical sling and a side arm, and transition to that sode arm you push the rifle across your body like big boss does. To be more accurate, its kind of fling the rifle across you/ just drop it then push it later when its safe to do so.
there is no operator in real life that walks around a combat zone like this. Even on a FOB this would be uncomfortable, and on a mission this would be stupid.
>>
File: Kojima's wife and kids.jpg (71 KB, 1024x736) Image search: [Google]
Kojima's wife and kids.jpg
71 KB, 1024x736
Reminder that Konami lost their military consultants within one year of development of MGSV

Reminder that MGSV is the only MGS with all fake guns as another cost cutting measure.

Kojima got fucked
And MGS got fucked too.
>>
>>29948107
carry it where?
>>
>>29948130
On duty as a security force member
>>
>>29948127
>Reminder that Konami lost their military consultants within one year of development of MGS2
ftfy

even by MGS3, the gun nerd on the producer roll (i forget his name) was on his way out and thats actually why the series got so ridiculous after 3 -- it was all kojima's doing, not Shinji Mechazowa or whoever.

same goes for the mech designs, they got less sensible because the guy who literally designed the original Rex and Ray irl left

kojima is a hack and deserves nothing
>>
>>29948127
Motosado Mori got fired?
Isn't his name still in the credits?
>>
>>29948174
>they got less sensible because the guy who literally designed the original Rex and Ray irl left
You're retarded.
Shinkawa has designed every Metal Gear since Solid.
>>
>>29948174
It's a team effort. You can't blame or praise a single person.
>>
>>29948140
oh I see. You were lying.
>>
>>29948073
this. milfag here. taught to slide to the hip for transition.
>>
>>29948127
Kojima's son is IRL Raiden?
>>
>>29948186
>The receiver's been polished to a near mirror sheen
>>
fun fact

The AR-15 clone in MGSV (AM-69) doesn't have a bolt catch.

However, the NPC reload animation for the gun has the characters reloading the gun in the AR-15 manner, including a palm slap to the bolt catch as the final step.

The mocap was done by ex-mil actors, who were given AR-15 props to do their mocap work with. Snake has his own mocap actor, and racks the charging handle every reload.
>>
>>29948780
What did he mean by this
>>
>>29947849
Japanese military consultants who've heard about guns and tactics but have never so much as held one outside a firing range.
>>
>>29949060
Mori was a SWAT instructor, if I recall.
>>
>>29948780

I thought it was feed lips.
>>
>>29948740
And now you know the truth.
>>
>>29948988
its a misquote from Snake Eater.
>the feed ramp is polished to a mirror sheen
basically you take a dremel to the feed ramp with the polish attachment and make it shine like a mirror. This supposedly helps with feeding, but unless your feed ramp has a sandpaper finish to it, I dont think it makes much of a difference. Its kinda one of those custom touches that is an old wives tale that went mainstream, to the point that most 1911 feed ramps have some shine to them.
>>
File: single-point-tactical-sling.jpg (25 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
single-point-tactical-sling.jpg
25 KB, 576x576
it's just a one point sling, broham.
>>
>>29949137
>I rill make rem RIKE RAIDEN!
>I ram SNAKE! They RIL RIKE MY SON!
>>
File: AM_69_AAS_profile_view.jpg (61 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
AM_69_AAS_profile_view.jpg
61 KB, 960x540
I'm gonna make this real one day.
>>
File: IMG_6463_gunholder.jpg (844 KB, 1037x1267) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6463_gunholder.jpg
844 KB, 1037x1267
First Spear weapon retention catch. It's a real thing. First Spear does some pretty good stuff, even if I get kinda salty about my STT sometimes.
>>
>>29949250
Or buy an ar18 and say "close enough"?
>>
>>29949297
Get issued a variant of that, it's just a Velcro band that wraps around a stiffened half belt. Keeps the barrel/hand guard close to the hip. You don't generally cross sling it though.
>>
File: MSG5-MSR-3.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MSG5-MSR-3.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
>>29949347
My autism demands a 1:1 recreation.
>>
File: AR-18.jpg (11 KB, 600x171) Image search: [Google]
AR-18.jpg
11 KB, 600x171
>>29949472
>>29949347
>wanting a brick shaped gun

Just get an AR 18
>>
File: Tppm16.jpg (244 KB, 852x727) Image search: [Google]
Tppm16.jpg
244 KB, 852x727
>>29949491
Its just not the same dude.
>>
>>29949143
Feed ramps used to be a problem with one of our local police departments. Probably about as much to do with the ammo they were shooting as the gun, but polishing the feed ramps got the cops to shut up and stop bringing them in
>>
>>29949472
Your autism would have told you that the guns aren't real in the first place and you'd have made a mod that changes the gun models and names
>>
>>29948127
The kid looks Finnish
>>
>>29948780
That was the feed ramp, you fucking retard.
>>
>>29949472
>aims down sight with empty right eye socket

>>29949109
he was french foreign legion, and was still credited as a mil advisor in mgsv.
>>
>>29951377
AFAIK, Big Boss uses muscle memory to aim. Part of that is putting his right eye where it would be if he still had it.
>>
>>29949501
why are FAL handguards always so sexy?
>>
>>29948127
>Reminder that MGSV is the only MGS with all fake guns as another cost cutting measure.
>Perpetuating the baseless meme in the current year
There are no licensing costs associated with real firearms in video games. There never has been. The few games that did buy rights for logos (MW3, one of those recent MoH games) did so to be able to market using the "real guns" aspect as a selling point, not because they were obliged to. MGSV having fake guns was only ever an artistic decision and ultimately probably cost them more because of the artists having spend time creating weapon designs from scratch, instead of just modeling based off a picture they pulled off google images.
>>
>>29951697
>>Reminder that MGSV is the only MGS with all fake guns as another cost cutting measure.
>>Perpetuating the baseless meme in the current year
iirc the fake guns are based off some nip airshit company, basically product placement. could be wrong tho
>>
STANDING
>>
File: 1463251561240.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463251561240.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
reminder
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.