[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isle of Man gun laws?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Flag_of_the_Isle_of_Mann.svg.png (95 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_Isle_of_Mann.svg.png
95 KB, 2000x1000
/k/ I need some help

I'm in London and I hate the gun laws, I was thinking about moving to America to enjoy freedom. But it's just too hard to move there legally.

I have thought about what countries I could move to, to enjoy muh guns. And I thought of the Czech Republic and Austria (pump action shotguns are banned wtf).

But I never realised the Isle of Man was actually not 100% cock & balls under lock and key cucked.

So I know that pistols aren't banned there but, I can't seem to find out if semi-automatic rifles of a calibre above .22 are legal and if there are any magazine restrictions.

>tl:dr Can someone give me an accurate run down of the gun laws on the Isle of Man?
>>
>>29946054
Do you have a STEM degree or are you interested in getting fucked in the butt by a nice gay guy.

If either of those describe you, you have a good chance at becoming a US citizen.
>>
>>29946108
Even if I had a STEM degree, the US has laws that restrict h1b visas to like 65,000. So I'm already up against stiff competition.
>>
>>29946149
Yeah, you would be up against Indians and Asians willing to work for much less, the US immigration process fucks you if you are white.
>>
File: 1461836849373.jpg (32 KB, 443x442) Image search: [Google]
1461836849373.jpg
32 KB, 443x442
>>29946178
Hopefully America votes in a President who can set things straight.
>>
>>29946183
Shillary is a cunt and Trump hates Brits just like Obongo does.
>>
>>29946201
Why does Trump hate bongs, was his grandfather also a colonial terrorist?
>>
>>29946054

I know Jersey has both pistols and fullbore, I THINK IoM has the same due to the way the law is worded

I've been eyeing up Poland due to their general based-ness, but there's also buying a ticket to Mexico, hopping over, going up to Oregan to get a drivers license no questions asked, and hang around a bunch of Mexicans to find someone who can get you a dead guy's SSN. I've looked into this.
>>
>>29946054
CLAPHAM
L
A
P
H
A
M
>>
File: Captain Bogroll.jpg (200 KB, 627x791) Image search: [Google]
Captain Bogroll.jpg
200 KB, 627x791
I wouldn't be moving there simply for fun laws

>Isle of Man is not a part of the EU
>Isle of Man has no national speed limit
>Isle of Man has more funz than UK (still need licences like the UK)
>Isle of Man is a low-tax economy with no capital gains tax, wealth tax, stamp duty, or inheritance tax and a top rate of income tax of 20%
>Pretty much 95% white
>>
>>29946108
You have no clue about the US immigration system.
>>
>>29948051

That's actually pretty goddamn cool.

I also have massive respect for all those crazy Anglo motorcycle racers who run the Isle of Mann TT each year.

Literally the biggest balls in all of racing. I don't think there is anything comparable in the States or Europe. Good stuff.
>>
>>29948753
It's the one part of the British isles which is still based
Hopefully Britain will leave the EU and earn some of its street-credit back, especially if trump wins in the US, anglo-bros can reunite once more
>>
>>29948051
I thought it was also incredibly hard to move/live there since they don't like to sell to outsiders.
>>
>>29946054
Look on he brightside, you can get greater than .22 caliber bolt action and practice in reloading and cycling
>>
>>29946246
I mean they're trying to get him banned from the country
>>
>>29949035
If you're a British citizen its easy (you pretty much turn up and you're in)
If you're not then yeah it's pretty damn difficult
>>
>>29948089
No shit Sherlock, never claimed i knew anything.
>>
>>29949073
A bunch of leftie fags signed a petition which meant it HAD to be discussed in parliament - it was instantly voted against because our government while pretty poor isn't THAT retarded
>>
>>29946149
You could just be a Mexican and get in.
>>
>>29948753
Dundrod.

https://youtu.be/hIffYM7jOQo?t=135

even faster average lap than the TT.
>>
>>29949096
>go to CA dmv
>moi naim is joo-wan dee-ahz
>gib loi-sense
>>
Holy fuck guys the Isle of Man's version of the ATF has literally 3 people in it
https://www.gov.im/categories/home-and-neighbourhood/emergency-services/police/police-support-services/firearms/
>>
>>29946054
Wow I didn't even know that was a separate country. Looking at their gun laws, it seems double barrel/break action shotguns are regulated as much as airguns.
>>
>>29946054
I live there.

>No semi-automatic rifles over .22LR
>No explosive or armour-piercing rouds
>Hollowpoints are only legal for pest control
>Pistols are legal except smoothbore revolvers

Can't think of anything else gun related, but actually living on the island:

>Petrol is more expensive and you're going to be driving a lot unless you live and work in Douglas
>Hiking is great
>Food can be good
>Stay away from Peel
>TT is great fun

Most importantly, respect the Manx.
>>
>>29949302
>smoothbore revolvers
That's oddly specific.
>>
>>29949406
It's even more specific. Smoothbore revolvers in 9mm rimfire are legal, but every other calibre isn't, even .22LR.
>>
>>29949486
>9mm rimfire

Like those old Italian 'gardener guns'?
>>
>>29949302
>Hollowpoints are only legal for pest control
Do intruders/burglars count as pests?
>>
File: BA0117.jpg (54 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
BA0117.jpg
54 KB, 500x376
>>29949577

I think the Flobert cartridges are pretty cool, though i wouldn't want one personally.

They remind me of when it was cool to go onto your patio after a Tea party or something and shoot shit with other rich people
unless of course, i was packed off to some eurohole and it it was the only bang bang i could get.
>>
>>29949302
OP here.

No semi-automatic rifles over .22LR makes me conflicted but, the pistols being legal make it much much better. No magazine restrictions for rifles, shotguns and pistols?

Do you guys have similar self defense laws to the mainland?
>>
>>29948051

Oh yeah I definitely knew about the tax and the non-existent speed limits; the 95% white thing is nice to have.

But the funs are my main point of interest.
>>
>>29951954
I think so? But it's the Isle of Man, and the risk of getting into an altercation isn't very high. Most of the violence is just inbreds fighting on a Saturday night.
>>
>>29949302

K I P P E R S
I
P
P
E
R
S
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.