[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bubba to put these side rails on a Tula 53 SKS? I mean,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: OP-SKS.jpg (33 KB, 560x192) Image search: [Google]
OP-SKS.jpg
33 KB, 560x192
Is it bubba to put these side rails on a Tula 53 SKS?

I mean, the Soviets surely had this sort of setup in mind didn't they?
>>
Are you a soviet armorer?

If answer is no, then you are bubba.
>>
>>29945693
i assume you just want to add an optic like your pic, to which i think its fine and not bubba'd
>>
It's only bubba if it was mounted with spot welds and wood screws.

IE, it looks like shit that came from a woodshed.
>>
File: 1462851756582.jpg (586 KB, 2249x673) Image search: [Google]
1462851756582.jpg
586 KB, 2249x673
>>29945693
No. Bubba is when you add stupid shit to a gun that doesn't make sense.

Pic related looks like some drunk slavs in the 70's added some cool shit to an SKS laying around and stays true the original feeling of the rifle.

Adding black or nonsoviet mods to the rifle is when you go bubba.
>>
>>29945716
If a Soviet armorer put an SKS into a Monte Carlo stock and cut the bayonet lug off, would that not be bubba?
>>
>>29945779
But they didn't. That's the point.
>>
>>29945693
Yes, it is Bubba. Don't do it. You won't benefit from it anyways.
>>
>>29945693
It's only Bubba if it's a permanent modification that also look stupid
>>
File: finn nugg.jpg (67 KB, 1244x270) Image search: [Google]
finn nugg.jpg
67 KB, 1244x270
Making tasteful modifications to a gun to bring out their strengths is not bad.

Pic related.
>>
>>29945693
there's absolutely no point in putting a scope on a SKS. the act of making a modification that has no real benefit makes you a bubba.
>>
Is it bubby to use a polymer stock on a sks because you don't want to bubba the original stock
>>
>>29946352
>bubbaception
>>
>>29945779
No because a soviet has taste and wouldnt do that and know that rifle is fine.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.