[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are /k/'s opinions and experience about the Ruger American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
what are /k/'s opinions and experience about the Ruger American series of rifles? I got to finger fuck both a .22LR and a .308 rifles. both with threaded barrels. I'm really thinking about getting the .22LR.
>>
>>29944307
I know a guy who has one, he likes it. If you're in the market for a bolt .22 ID go with that, especially if you already have a 10/22 since they can share mags. I'm kinda tempted to get one since half of my .22 is remshit I was gifted that is useless in either of my semi's. Of course a threaded barrel out of the box is a big plus.

I'd go for the .22, but for the .308 I've played with savages more so I would probably go with one of theirs. That could easily just be bias on my part though.
>>
>smooth
>accurate
>fast action
>use 10/22 mags

Only issue I've had with mine was the stock was warped. I bought a Boyd's stock for mine and I love it.
>>
>>29944356
I didn't know boyd makes a stock for them?
>>
>>29944307
The fact that they take 10/22 mags alone makes them superior to any bolt .22lr besides maybe a CZ.
>>
>>29944307
I'm considering buying the .308 because they have a left handed option. I'd also like to hear more opinion in this.
>>
>>29944307
Be careful with the finish. My barrel on my .22lr american got a lot of surface rust when I forgot to wipe it down once
>>
>>29944356
>>29945484

are the factory irons pretty spot on? I had a 10/22 years ago and they were spot on for the rifle. I'm kinda curious to know if they are still doing a pretty good job of it.
>>
I tried out an American Rimfire at the range and it had the nicest trigger of any .22 I have ever used
>>
File: bolt guns.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
bolt guns.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>29944307

I have a 16" Ruger American Ranch in 300 blk. Smooth bolt out of the box, bretty gud fit and finish for $450. And i think i paid too much but theyre hard to find online so i bought one in store. I love it.
>>
>>29946923
>>29948543

Oh yeah the bladed adjustable trigger is nice and light too. Quite crisp. And timney makes a replacement for like 110.
>>
>>29944307
I kinda wish I would've got the American because sharing mags but the Marlin xt-22 was 100 bucks cheaper. From my experience with ruger tho it's probably a pretty good rifle
>>
>>29946205
who cares?
Sighting a rifle takes 5 minutes
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.