[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pro or No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: sw.jpg (27 KB, 425x254) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
27 KB, 425x254
So I'm turning 21 soon and I've been saving up to buy my first handgun. I have an option of a decent deal on a glock 19 or an m&p 9 pro. I'm leaning towards the m&p, but what does /K/ think? Which or these would you choose for a first handgun?
>>
M&P.
Glocks are basic bitch shit
>>
>>29942492
The m&p pro is nice, I use mine mostly for steel challenge.
>>
I guess I should also say im planning on carrying this gun too, how reliable is the m&p
>>
>>29943068
Considering it's been out for a decade, bit off a good chunk of glocks market share, is used by about 15 departments in the US and is carried by a ton of civilians for protection and competition...you tell me man.

Its a modern gun produced by a huge manufacturer after all
>>
>>29942492

i carry a standard full size M&P 9 at work, and when im not at work, i CC a gen 4 Glock 19.

it comes down to preferance dude, you need to go put both of them in your hand and see what you like. The M&P 9 shoots fine, but personally, i like my Glock 19 better. It sits in my hand better
>>
Personally I find the m&p9 to be more comfortable in my hands then a glock. They're both reliable guns. U can't go wrong either way.
>>
>>29943159
this, go and try them out. I'm a die hard M&P fanboy, but only after I took the time to go try out everything else.
>>
When will S&W finally make an M&P in 10mm? I would buy two.
>>
>>29943305
You'd need to, 10mm is such a shit cartridge it will fuck up the first gun within a magazine.

Honestly 9mm is where it's at 10mm is slower and less powerful and only bought for the meme factor and to fuck up the slide on your gun.
>>
>>29943554
This guy gets it 9mm is all you need and a perfect balance of stopping power and capacity.
>>
>>29943554
>10mm is such a shit cartridge it will fuck up the first gun within a magazine.

That would be the manufacturers fault for halfassing a gun design. You say it like it's some magic super high pressure WMB

>>29943577
>stopping power
Go to /o/ if you want to talk about disc brakes
>>
I fired my first m&p yesterday.

I didn't like it. Tried a lot of guns yesterday and m&p was among the worst performers, for me personally.

Mainly because:

Loading the magazine was a hassle and the trigger pull was heavy and stiff. It felt like forever waiting for the trigger to break

Other than that it felt good in the hand.

Just my two cents
>>
>>29942492
>>29943068
M&Ps and glocks are very similar. IMO the M&P are slightly more ergonomic while the glocks have better aftermarket. Other than that its apples to slightly different apples.
The pro is pretty big to carry though, not impossible but a regular M&P would be easier
>>
>>29943689
this stopping power meme needs to die
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-07-00-25-34.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-07-00-25-34.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>29943826
>glocks have better aftermarket
Have more aftermarket options, Ftfy.
The M&P has ApexTactical sucking its dick, and they make the best aftermarket anything.

That being said, they Do have nice aftermarket triggers for other guns, including glock, but they favor the m&p and make more products for it.
>>
Glock 19 is a perfect first pistol.

Good size for range use and carry, easy to change out parts for different trigger weights/reset, tons of cheap magazines in different capacities.

Do it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.